V8supercars 2016

Chat about Formula 1, V8's, Indycar etc
Forum rules
Please be careful about posting results in threads discussing current sporting events.

Where possible can the first person to start a thread on an event add *spoilers included* (or similar) to the thread title so that all discussion on the event is kept in one place and readers are aware that the content may contain the results.

w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Re: V8supercars 2016

Post by w00dsy »

I think they have a decent case but I don't want to set the result changed after the fact.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

I had a really quick look at 1 point early and I thought it said a Vulva was leading? I can only imagine the reception had they won.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Re: RE: Re: V8supercars 2016

Post by Duke »

Shaun wrote:
Duke wrote:Umm yes the initial incident my have been level 1 but the redress is what caused the bigger incident. That took 2 cars off track & is why I still believe a PLP was what should have been issued. (without actually reading the V8SC rule book).

Be interesting to see what comes of the protest if there has indeed been an incorrect implementation of the rules.
Just not sure there would be anything specific to cover that situation though.

I do feel for JW as he was trying to do the correct thing & it was really a misjudgment by all parties involved.
Hence McLaughlin getting a post race penalty for his part in it.
While what you say is correct supercars told redbull the 15 sec time penalty was soley for the hit with scotty and nothing to do with the accident after. Therefore redbull have a case he should get the win and a 10 point deduction if they followed the rules they made
That is a good point Shaun, I failed to see that the 15' penalty was given for the initial borked overtake attempt & nothing to do with the botched redress.
In that case JW should have got 2 penalties. :lol:
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

McLaughlin docked 25 points for dangerous re-entry http://www.supercars.com/news/champions ... -re-enter/
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

I believe the appeal is an effort to have the 15 second penalty reduced to 10 seconds, in line with what Rick Kelly got earlier in the day.
I just dont see them changing the result of the race, they are hugely reluctant to do that, but that 5 less seconds would be worth a fair few points and since Whincup is a championship contender so those points are worth the ten grand plus GST.

Interesting though that the first 4 cars across the line yesterday were 888 built and the first 4 cars in the Championship are all from 888. That is some domination right there.
(Of course the incident in questions took out the two leading non 888 cars so that played a big part in the result.)
XLV SPORT
Montey

Post by Montey »

- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

Happy with that.
XLV SPORT
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

If like Shaun says the penalty for this sort of incident is to deduct points from their license and they've just decided on the day to give time penalties then Jamie is the real winner of the race.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Glad the appeal was dismissed. Nothing against Jamie but it was nice to see a new winner of the 1000 for a change.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Dismissed on a technicality though. Also glad that the winner on the day (albeit not first across the line) is still the winner, however.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Sarsippius wrote:If like Shaun says the penalty for this sort of incident is to deduct points from their license and they've just decided on the day to give time penalties then Jamie is the real winner of the race.
This and that the same thing was penalised 10 seconds, earlier...it's just inconsistent and unprofessional. (if true)
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

That's just v8supercars officials they have never been consistent
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

NeilPearson wrote:That's just v8supercars officials they have never been consistent
At least they're consistent in not being consistent :aussie:
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

http://www.speedcafe.com/2016/10/26/new ... ing-shape/
New Commodore Supercar taking shape

"The new Commodore won’t be sold or raced with a V8"
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Sigh not even a v8. I know I'm a bogan but ffs holden that is just shit

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Hello :aussie:
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

AWD to
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

I mine mean for the supercar. Road car is dead to me when that comes out lol. They couldve at least kept the supercar a v8

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Hello :aussie:
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Really?! That?! How hard could it be?

You get the idea
Minister for Religious Genocide.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

west coast eagles comaro!
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

this might not seem like much, but it's probably the biggest team swap we've seen in many years. While the whole thing is a team effort, Lacroix is the genius behind 888's technical advantage. This is a massive get for Penske. It'd be like poaching Adrian Newey away from RBR. It'll be interesting to see if Sam Michaels can help them retain their speed.
Long-time Triple Eight technical director Ludo Lacroix is set to join DJR Team Penske in what shapes as one of the most significant recruitments in the category’s history.
The Queensland-based Holden squad announced this morning that Lacroix will leave Triple Eight following 17 years with the business across the United Kingdom and Australia.
Speedcafe.com has learned that the Frenchman is poised to join DJR Team Penske as it continues to build its emerging Supercars team.
DJRTP’s move to secure Lacroix follows a mixed first two seasons in the category under the team’s American ownership that is yet to yield a race win.
Its technical line-up is currently led by South Australian Nick Hughes, who was appointed to the technical director role by Penske when it bought a majority stake in the team late in 2014.
Penske then recruited race engineers Phil Keed (ex-Brad Jones Racing) and Adam De Borre (ex-Prodrive) over the 2015/16 off-season.
Lacroix’s exact place in the Penske structure remains unclear, with the team declining to comment on the Frenchman’s future when contacted by Speedcafe.com.
The veteran will undoubtedly add significant firepower to the squad which boasts extensive resources in both Australia and the United States.
Having returned to race engineering duties this year on Craig Lowndes’ Holden, speculation is rife that Lacroix will be paired with Penske’s new star driving recruit Scott McLaughlin.
Crucially, Lacroix’s defection from Triple Eight to Penske will come as Supercars teams prepare to design all-new cars for the category’s Gen2 era.
Lacroix was expected to head-up development of Holden’s new car next year ahead of its debut in 2018 as part of Triple Eight’s deal with the manufacturer.
He had previously designed the aero packages for the BF and FG Falcons during Triple Eight’s stint with Ford before also leading the development of the VF Commodore.
Penske is meanwhile yet-to-commit to a direction for Gen2 as it continues to bide its time with Ford.
Lacroix’s move to a rival team is sure to ruffle feathers at Triple Eight and comes little over three years since its team manager Adrian Burgess was poached by the Holden Racing Team.
Triple Eight principal Roland Dane is understood to have known of Lacroix’s intention to leave for some months, with plans to fill the breach already underway.
The team has announced the signing of ex-F1 technical chief Sam Michael in a part-time mentoring role and says that it will “roll out a number of new engineering appointments over the next three months”.
John McGregor is expected to take over Lacroix’s race engineering duties alongside Lowndes having worked closely with the pair throughout this season.
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

They should just race the Mustang GT4!
eek
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

GT4 as a series would make so much more sense than GT3 if we were to go in that direction - not that I see it happening but GT3 is on the verge of pricing itself out of existence and GT4 will take over.
XLV SPORT
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

They've always tried to have a strong local element so I doubt they'd ever go down that route.
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

Would it be too hard to build a Commodore or Altima to GT4 spec?
XLV SPORT
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

No idea. Apart from the few years of Group A it's always been a category specific to Australia. Our guys tend to build their own cars, so the idea of importing ready made cars seems a bit pointless. The only other reason to run an international category is if someone wanted to go and run a car overseas. A couple of teams tried it in the Group A era, which was cool. Watching a Commodore belt around Monza, Spa etc was a bit of a highlight. But even NZ has its own categories. I suppose most countries do.