2016 FORMULA 1 GROSSER PREIS VON ÖSTERREICH

Chat about Formula 1, V8's, Indycar etc
Forum rules
Please be careful about posting results in threads discussing current sporting events.

Where possible can the first person to start a thread on an event add *spoilers included* (or similar) to the thread title so that all discussion on the event is kept in one place and readers are aware that the content may contain the results.

Jiminee

Re: 2016 FORMULA 1 GROSSER PREIS VON ÖSTERREICH

Post by Jiminee »

Lewis passing Rosberg was fine - Rosberg was badly damaged which regardless of anything else means Lewis is home free.
What I really want to know is if there was another touch as Lewis rejoined the track - I dont think it was but Niki Lauda seemed pretty convinced otherwise - to be fair I have not seen a definitive view - the onboard from Hamiliton's car would be best but they cut away before that part came up on the replay.
XLV SPORT
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

Pretty damning evidence from Nico's onboard. He didn't even try and turn until way too late.
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Jiminee wrote:Lewis passing Rosberg was fine - Rosberg was badly damaged which regardless of anything else means Lewis is home free.
What I really want to know is if there was another touch as Lewis rejoined the track - I dont think it was but Niki Lauda seemed pretty convinced otherwise - to be fair I have not seen a definitive view - the onboard from Hamiliton's car would be best but they cut away before that part came up on the replay.
I think Hamilton was just reacting to a piece of Nico's wing coming off. I don't think there was contact.
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

I agree Kev and that certainly looked bush league from Rosberg - did he hangout with the Prosts growing up? Was he born in 1986?
XLV SPORT
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Nico Rosberg has been handed a 10-second time penalty for causing a collision with Mercedes Formula 1 team-mate Lewis Hamilton on the last lap of the Austrian Grand Prix.

Although found guilty by the stewards, the penalty is effectively meaningless as Rosberg retains his fourth place and just finishes four seconds ahead of Red Bull's Daniel Ricciardo in fifth, rather than 14.

Rosberg has also been reprimanded for a second offence of continuing on track with a damaged car, spreading debris, and with the front-wing detached.

Regarding the first offence of causing a collision, the stewards made clear Rosberg was at fault for not allowing Hamilton "racing room".
I have to say though I'm not sure I understand the difference between that not giving 'racing room' and Hamilton shoving Rosberg out and off the track at T1 on several occasions at the start both last year and this.
My Flickr Stream
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Big Kev wrote:I have to say though I'm not sure I understand the difference between that not giving 'racing room' and Hamilton shoving Rosberg out and off the track at T1 on several occasions at the start both last year and this.
There isn't any difference Kev, Hamilton seems to just get away with it.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

KNAPPO wrote:
Big Kev wrote:I have to say though I'm not sure I understand the difference between that not giving 'racing room' and Hamilton shoving Rosberg out and off the track at T1 on several occasions at the start both last year and this.
There isn't any difference Kev, Hamilton seems to just get away with it.
Of course there is a difference, both times Hamilton went in to deep & under-steered cause of it. Weather that is per-planned only Lewis knows but both times you can clearly see he is trying to turn into the corner as he would normally do. What Rosberg did last night was completely the opposite, he just drove straight until he knew Lewis had to go off-track then tried to say it was because of his brake issue which he already knew he had. He then didn't even give Lewis room to get back on after he caused Lewis to have to go wide / off-track.
It was poor driving standards from Rosberg, so had to be punished.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

Just let the poor kid win a championship Lewis, he's going to act like a spoiled brat till he does and you've already won loads. Be nice to your fellow silver spoon fed twat-burger kids.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Vilante wrote:Just let the poor kid win a championship Lewis, he's going to act like a spoiled brat till he does and you've already won loads. Be nice to your fellow silver spoon fed twat-burger kids.
LMAO Vil!!! It won't happen as Lewis is a superior race driver in everyway. :lol:
Dukester

w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

This is Flinty when Lewis wins and Nico gets punished

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Oh you blokes sure have the wrong idea of me about Loowis.
Dukester

w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

Big Kev wrote:
I have to say though I'm not sure I understand the difference between that not giving 'racing room' and Hamilton shoving Rosberg out and off the track at T1 on several occasions at the start both last year and this.

having watched it again i'm not sure there's a huge difference, it's not like Lewis was trying to hit the apex either. Skip to 1.40

GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

SHould of been watching Formula E last night instead I think

Last edited by GT VIRUS on Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

Duke wrote: Sorry but the flag Marshall doesn't have the flag out as they pass the Marshalling post preceeding the crash, check the vid. :rolleyes:

Sorry but the flag Marshall does have the flag out as they pass the Marshalling post preceeding the crash, check the screenshot. :rolleyes:

For the record i don't think it was worth punishing him over it but he did actually pass under yellows, and Rosberg wasn't exactly limping at the time. But Rosberg did seem to jump on the brakes suddenly so i think he might have seen the yellows and backed off, or realised his car was knackered and wouldn't make the corner at the speed he was going, so it shot Lewis past him more than Lewis actually passing him.

w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

GT VIRUS wrote:SHould of been watching Formula E last night instead I think

what a horrible little track.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

I think if Loowis' FOV was setup correctly he would have seen Nico was in trouble and would have avoided turning in on him.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

w00dsy wrote:
Big Kev wrote:

having watched it again i'm not sure there's a huge difference, it's not like Lewis was trying to hit the apex either. Skip to 1.40

Really, it's damp, he turns in at the time you should to hit the apex & he is looking at the apex but the car just doesn't turn.
Seems to me you blokes are so jaded you can't even see straight. :rolleyes:
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

w00dsy wrote:
Duke wrote: Sorry but the flag Marshall doesn't have the flag out as they pass the Marshalling post preceeding the crash, check the vid. :rolleyes:

Sorry but the flag Marshall does have the flag out as they pass the Marshalling post preceeding the crash, check the screenshot. :rolleyes:

For the record i don't think it was worth punishing him over it but he did actually pass under yellows, and Rosberg wasn't exactly limping at the time. But Rosberg did seem to jump on the brakes suddenly so i think he might have seen the yellows and backed off, or realised his car was knackered and wouldn't make the corner at the speed he was going, so it shot Lewis past him more than Lewis actually passing him.

Yes it is touch & go but the flag is only just being put out, be hard to react to it without all the other stuff going on including all the debris from Rosberg's car.
Either way as I said all they have to do is show you've slowed down & taken note of the incident the yellow is indicating as proved by Hulkenburg in Qual.
And as Rosberg car was farked Lewis could legitimately pass him regardless of the yellow...
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

by the way I can't believe they don't have a rule for no reversing on the grid at the start wrt to Wehrlein. How many times have we seen it in the past & the start is aborted cause of it.
Dukester

w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

Duke wrote: Seems to me you blokes are so jaded you can't even see straight. :rolleyes:

or you're very biased towards Lewis and don't see what everyone else does :rolleyes:
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

w00dsy wrote:
Duke wrote: Seems to me you blokes are so jaded you can't even see straight. :rolleyes:

or you're very biased towards Lewis and don't see what everyone else does :rolleyes:
Hahaha... If you think. I believe it's that many here can't tolerate Hammy out of the car (I get that) but that's what jades ppl's view of him in it.
As someone said elsewhere.
Much as I really want to see Rosberg take it to Hamilton more this season, sadly I have to place blame on the #6 for this one. Shame, as I think trying to imitate the aggressive nature of Hamilton is just not Nico's forte and he should stick to the things he does best. Whenever he tries to put one over on Hamilton he keeps bloody hitting him!
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/h ... ia.123547/
Dukester

richo

Post by richo »

Not jaded of F1 but a little jaded of Looowis's douchery even though I do believe his douchery is good for the sport or raising the profile might be a better way of saying that.

But yes strong in the douche he is .
[]D [] []v[] []D
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

I'm not a particular fan of Hamilton or Rosberg but I don't see Hamilton turning a heck of a lot in that USA footage (or Canada only a couple of weeks ago) until he knows Rosberg is off the track and then he puts a whole lot more steering in. He's done it several times now, and like I've said before Rosberg needs to grow a pair in those. They seem perfectly able to pass other cars without contact for race after race until it's passing each other and then all hell breaks loose! Rosberg was going to lose anyway cos his tyres were shagged so it was only a matter of time before Hamilton got him on the last lap anyway.
My Flickr Stream
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

I think the biggest difference is the intent.

Lewis does things like that simply because he wants to win the race. He behaves pretty consistently regardless who he's racing.

Rosberg, however, only does these things when he's against Lewis. His mindset seems to be on stopping Lewis winning the race than winning it himself.

Totally agree with that comment above. His attempts to be aggressive on track just don't work. He needs to concentrate on what he's good at and stop obsessing about Lewis.