2016 FORMULA 1 MAGYAR NAGYDÍJ (HUNGARY)

Chat about Formula 1, V8's, Indycar etc
Forum rules
Please be careful about posting results in threads discussing current sporting events.

Where possible can the first person to start a thread on an event add *spoilers included* (or similar) to the thread title so that all discussion on the event is kept in one place and readers are aware that the content may contain the results.

Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Hungaroring
Lap length 4.381km (2.722 miles)
Race laps 70
Race distance 306.67km (190.556 miles)
Pole position Left-hand side of the track
Lap record* 1’19.071 (Michael Schumacher, 2004)
Fastest lap 1’18.436 (Rubens Barrichello, 2004, qualifying one)
Maximum speed 295kph (183.304 mph)
DRS zone/s (race) Pit straight and second straight
Distance from grid to turn one 610m

UK Times
Friday 22nd July 2016
Hungarian Grand Prix Free Practice 1: 10:00-11:30 (UK time: 9:00-10:30)
Hungarian Grand Prix Free Practice 2: 14:00-15:30 (UK time: 13:00-14:30)
Saturday 23rd July 2016
Hungarian Grand Prix Free Practice 3: 11:00-12:00 (UK time: 10:00-11:00)
Hungarian Grand Prix Qualifying: 14:00 (UK time: 13:00)
Sunday 24th July 2016
Hungarian Grand Prix: 14:00 (UK time: 13:00)

Previous Winners
2015 Germany Sebastian Vettel Ferrari
2014 Australia Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull-Renault
2013 United Kingdom Lewis Hamilton Mercedes
2012 United Kingdom Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes
2011 United Kingdom Jenson Button McLaren-Mercedes
2010 Australia Mark Webber Red Bull-Renault
2009 United Kingdom Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes
2008 Finland Heikki Kovalainen McLaren-Mercedes
2007 United Kingdom Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes
2006 United Kingdom Jenson Button Honda Report
2005 Finland Kimi Räikkönen McLaren-Mercedes
2004 Germany Michael Schumacher Ferrari
2003 Spain Fernando Alonso Renault
2002 Brazil Rubens Barrichello Ferrari
2001 Germany Michael Schumacher Ferrari
2000 Finland Mika Häkkinen McLaren-Mercedes

Videos
Hamilton 2015 onboard

Berger onboard 1991

Facts From Previous Race

Lewis Hamilton’s fourth British Grand Prix victory means he needs just one more to equal the most successful drivers ever at his home race.

Jim Clark and Alain Prost won the British Grand Prix five times, and Prost holds the record for most victories at Silverstone with his five wins at the current home of the race. Clark won three times at Silverstone plus once each at Brands Hatch and Aintree.

One other driver has taken five wins in Britain: Nigel Mansell, who won the British Grand Prix four times after his debut success in the 1985 European Grand Prix at Brands Hatch.

Hamilton is only the second driver to win the British Grand Prix for three years running – the other being Clark, who won four in a row from 1962 to 1965. It was the fourth consecutive British Grand Prix win for Mercedes, equalling the record held by Ferrari (1951-54), Lotus (1962-65) and Williams (1991-94).

This was the 24th home victory in the 67 world championship British Grands Prix so far.

Hamilton’s career tallies now advance to 47 wins (four shy of Prost who’s second on the all-time list) and 55 pole positions (ten behind Ayrton Senna who’s second on the all-time list). However his team mate prevented him from taking a hat-trick: Nico Rosberg took the 19th of his career, putting him level with Stirling Moss, Ayrton Senna, Damon Hill and Mark Webber.

The top five drivers on the grid took the chequered flag in the same order they qualified, but Rosberg’s penalty which dropped him to third spoiled that symmetry.

The track record for the reconfigured Silverstone circuit was broken on Saturday by the previous holder of the record. Hamilton’s 1’29.243 in Q2 bested his 1’29.607 from Q3 three years ago by 0.364s.

Daniel Ricciardo became the last driver this year to be out-qualified by his team mate. He had beaten Daniil Kvyat 4-0 and is now 5-1 up against Max Verstappen.

Verstappen took his third podium finish and second in a row. In the six races since he joined Red Bull he has scored 77 points, more than Raikkonen (63), Ricciardo (64), Vettel (65) and even Rosberg (68). Only Hamilton has scored more points in the last six races, taking 110.

Williams failed to score for the first time since the United States Grand Prix last year. However on that occasion both cars retired – at Silverstone both finished outside the top ten.

Drivers’ Chosen Tyres

Championship Standings
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Re: 2016 FORMULA 1 MAGYAR NAGYDÍJ (HUNGARY)

Post by Big Kev »

Restrictions on radio communication between teams and drivers have been strengthened in the build-up to Sunday's Hungarian Grand Prix.

Any message informing a driver of a car problem "must include an irreversible instruction to return to the pits to rectify the problem or to retire".

The ruling from governing body the FIA comes after Mercedes broke radio rules at Silverstone last time out.

Nico Rosberg was demoted from second to third after a 10-second penalty.

The new ruling means teams will not be able to make calculations about the potential time loss of any post-race penalty in giving instructions to a driver.

Instead, the requirement for a driver to return to the pits to rectify a problem he does not know how to solve himself will automatically result in losing a significant amount of time.

The new FIA ruling also stresses that any change a team tells a driver to make must be with the aim of repairing a problem and not improving performance.
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

How old is Bernie? When will he die?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

They are trying to take it back to mid 1980's in terms of drivers sorting out car issues and that works fine in cars from the 1980's. The teams build these cars with radio communications allowed so they are very complex. Next years cars will have to have simple modes that a driver can change on their own.

If a fault has the potential to cause harm to a driver and I was a team boss, I'd call the driver. Not sure if that is allowed as I'm not up to speed on such radio calls.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Re: RE: Re: 2016 FORMULA 1 MAGYAR NAGYDÍJ (HUNGARY)

Post by w00dsy »

Dr. Pain wrote:.

If a fault has the potential to cause harm to a driver and I was a team boss, I'd call the driver. Not sure if that is allowed as I'm not up to speed on such radio calls.

That's why Perez crashed on the last lap at Austria, the team weren't allowed to tell him his brakes were about to fail. If they're not careful there'll be blood on the hands of the FIA Imagine if we saw another Bianchi situation just because the teams weren't allowed to notify drivers of a potential danger. That's completely different from instructing a driver or coaching him.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Re: RE: Re: 2016 FORMULA 1 MAGYAR NAGYDÍJ (HUNGARY)

Post by Duke »

w00dsy wrote:
Dr. Pain wrote:.

That's why Perez crashed on the last lap at Austria, the team weren't allowed to tell him his brakes were about to fail. If they're not careful there'll be blood on the hands of the FIA Imagine if we saw another Bianchi situation just because the teams weren't allowed to notify drivers of a potential danger. That's completely different from instructing a driver or coaching him.
Well if that's the case then FI didn't understand the rules. If you haven't already, listen to last weeks Radio Lemans Midweek Motorsport Episode. They go into great detail of what is & isn't allowed. In essence at team can tell their driver of any dangerous situation with his or any other car. Also in that episode they provide further insight into the comm's between the Merc & Rosberg, which didn't go to air & really showed why the FIA had to penalise.

As for this week, I can't wait as Hungary usually produces a good race.
I also can't wait to see Lewis pummel Rosberg, who for me has lost it mentally in the last few races. :lol:
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Jamo

Post by Jamo »

If a car has a terminal possibly hazardous issue the team can show him a black flag. Slow and pit immediately.

As per usual things were simpler and better in days past.
I drink a great deal, I sleep a little and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two hundred percent form - Sir Winston Churchill
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Im hoping this will be an entertaining round as Hungary usually delivers.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

It's chucking it down in Hungary atm, has been for about a half hour and it wont dry for quali :yikes:
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

I'm going with Button for pole, with a 5min lap.
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

So far the 18mins of Q1 has taken over 65mins
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

What a farce Q1 is, just hopeless...
Dukester

NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Duke wrote:What a farce Q1 is, just hopeless...
Hamilton out?
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Alonso screws Hamilton in Hungary, again! :rofl:
Montey

Post by Montey »

I'd love to hear from Nico how he gets a purple sector whilst lifting for waved double-yellow flags.

It's one thing to lift less than other drivers and to pass them, but it's another thing to lift less than yourself from previous laps.
- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Blessed? (Rosberg's polish lap apparently)

No LEDs lit on the wheel, did he lift?
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

He has no pedal input going on in that picture, so clearly he backed off some.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

Haha
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Rosberg lifted no doubt & he probably lifted more than Hulk last round, which is really the precedence on this type of thing going forward.
After the BS that was Q1, Q2 & Q3 was very entertaining & sets up an enticing grid for the race tonight. I can't wait to see The Champ & Dani Ric pass Brittany. :smackbum: :rara:
It will also be interesting to see how Kimi deals with his lowly start position. :munch:
Dukester

Montey

Post by Montey »

GT VIRUS wrote:He has no pedal input going on in that picture, so clearly he backed off some.
Yeah, so he lifted his throttle momentarily as he got to the first yellow flags, which shows he saw them. But he then proceeds to reapply the throttle, in full, before he gets to a green flag (at least, I don't see a green flag before he's back at full throttle).

The bottom line is, however, that he achieved a purple sector that had double waved yellow flags. Isn't it the case that the test for lifting under yellow is what their time is through a sector compared to previous laps?
- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Its a load of bollocks. The whole point of yellow flags is to tell the drivers there is caution ahead and to be prepared to stop. If I'm sitting stranded in the car in the middle of the track, i do not want someone setting a bloody purple sector.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Yep I totally agree the way the rule is interpreted currently is BS. But at least it's consistently applied.
Also remember these cars can stop from 300km/hr in about 80mtrs, let alone change direction so quickly & with a lot of run-off areas on modern tracks I can see why the rule is being enforced the way it is.
So for us fans, who have no real comprehension of how these cars & drivers perform, it's a questionable interpretation.
Dukester

w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

According to the F1 website it doesn't say you can't improve your time, just that you must slow and be prepared you stop. It's obvious he lifted, but maybe his defence was he could see around the corner and there was no need to stop.

Yellow flag

Indicates danger, such as a stranded car, ahead. A single waved yellow flag warns drivers to slow down, while two waved yellow flags at the same post means that drivers must slow down and be prepared to stop if necessary. Overtaking is prohibited.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Any streams? Can watch when I watch the TdF.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.