Karting - Bitumen

Chat about Formula 1, V8's, Indycar etc
Forum rules
Please be careful about posting results in threads discussing current sporting events.

Where possible can the first person to start a thread on an event add *spoilers included* (or similar) to the thread title so that all discussion on the event is kept in one place and readers are aware that the content may contain the results.

GT VIRUS
Karen

Re: Karting - Bitumen

Post by GT VIRUS »

TIMMY30 wrote:Wow. This looks fun indeed. What are the ongoing costs associated with this roughly?.

Also im about 92kg. Am i too heavy to even have a hope of being competetive? I usually get smoked on the hire karts :melt:
There are 2 weight classes in SA, light and heavy. Heavy you are competitive up to 100kg's. Vic has a superheavy class for up to 115kg people.

Ongoing costs for me are roughly:
Tyres: Every 3 race meetings at $250 a set
Engine: Every year average of $750
Entry Fee: $50 to $100 per event
Licences: Club membership $300 licence $265
Fuel: $15 a meeting

Those are the big ones that I can think of. You'll also spend a bit on various fluids and tools as they go missing, but hard to put a budget on them.
TIMMY30

Post by TIMMY30 »

Anyone here in QLD?. At race of the stars today. KZ2 are crazy!!!. Some 14 year old kid just handed it to 3 world champs!
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

TIMMY30 wrote:Anyone here in QLD?. At race of the stars today. KZ2 are crazy!!!. Some 14 year old kid just handed it to 3 world champs!

Sure it was Kz2? The winner of that is 24 by my books.
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

KZ4 is juniors right?
XLV SPORT
TIMMY30

Post by TIMMY30 »

The 14 year old won heat 3 this morning. He didnt win the final i dont think.
Davide Fore the 5 time world champ has taken him on and hes racing in his 'team'. Moving over to Italy with him and everything apparantly