2016 FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO DE MÉXICO

Chat about Formula 1, V8's, Indycar etc
Forum rules
Please be careful about posting results in threads discussing current sporting events.

Where possible can the first person to start a thread on an event add *spoilers included* (or similar) to the thread title so that all discussion on the event is kept in one place and readers are aware that the content may contain the results.

Jamo

Re: 2016 FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO DE MÉXICO

Post by Jamo »

That is irrelevant Neil, the nanny car was after the event.

If you were to shoot someone in the leg and the pain causes cardiac arrest and death does that negate your actions?
I drink a great deal, I sleep a little and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two hundred percent form - Sir Winston Churchill
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Re: RE: Re: 2016 FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO DE MÉXICO

Post by w00dsy »

Duke wrote:
NeilPearson wrote:
r8response wrote:No matter how anyone tries to frame it, Hamilton got a massive advantage from cutting
No he didnt, the safety Car negated that. /s
He went in to the corner leading & was still leading as he exited the corner. How is that gaining an advantage...? Image Image

20m lead going in, 200m lead by the time he got to the next corner. If he did that in qual they would have deleted his time.
pab

Post by pab »

Plus the fact that you remove all opportunity to be outbraked in the first corner if you don't actually brake for the first corner.
PB
Radioactive Race Engineering #16 / Lightning Karts KT100s #61
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

Or give back the time you would actually have lost in regaining the track by the next apex, or at any reasonable stage on the track to at least maintain your lead to the pack behind.
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

Hamilton got demoted at Spa in 2008 after going off track and gaining an advantage. The advantage was he was still in the same position ready to make a pass despite going off track. He got a much bigger time advantage at Mexico.

w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

Yes! Haha