Forum update done

ARSE News, rules and important stuff
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Forum update done

Post by Big Kev »

A new update, 2.0.19, is out. I'll be updating tomorrow afternoon UK time while you lot are snug as a bug :)

It's an easy one. The forum will only be off for 5 mins tops but as usual if you find any problems afterwards let me know.
Last edited by Big Kev on Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

wooties.. so whats the update log look like? :lol:
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
petey

Post by petey »

What are they updating? Everything works :P .

Although i like the RSC thing where quick post is all done on the same page, e.g it doesn't go to a page saying your message was entered, it just does it then refreshes.
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

yep .. me likes that was well
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

PeTeY wrote:What are they updating? Everything works :P .

Although i like the RSC thing where quick post is all done on the same page, e.g it doesn't go to a page saying your message was entered, it just does it then refreshes.
Most ypdates are security issues as far as I know. We need to keep on top of them sowe dont get hacked.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
petey

Post by petey »

Fair Point. Although i don't see why hackers would want to get into a forum called ARSE haha, wouldn't they be the talk of the community.... Hey i cracked ARSE today, you wouldn't beleive the s^%& i found there.
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
tehsid
forum fairy - in a gay way!
forum fairy - in a gay way!

Post by tehsid »

PeTeY wrote:Fair Point. Although i don't see why hackers would want to get into a forum called ARSE haha, wouldn't they be the talk of the community.... Hey i cracked ARSE today, you wouldn't beleive the s^%& i found there.
:rofl:
petey

Post by petey »

Well im glad someone finds that funny, not that i did ;) .
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Yeah it's always security fixes and little bugs which, to be honest, I've never come across, but you know some divvy has clicked preview whilst holding shift and doing the fandango with a pie on his head which has cause a momentary blip in the server so they have to correct things like that :)

By the way phpBB v3 is getting ever closer. They've been ramping up the alpha versions and the CVS files are updating every week so I don't think that's far off.
My Flickr Stream
petey

Post by petey »

lol, awesome. :) .
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

top stuff .. when 3 comes out

:yes: :yes:

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Update Done.

No idea when v3 is coming out. The betas were supposed to be March last year but they're making good progress now. Maybe the summer as a guess.
My Flickr Stream
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

Big Kev wrote: No idea when v3 is coming out. The betas were supposed to be March last year but they're making good progress now. Maybe the summer as a guess.
ha isnt that like every thing..

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

Big Kev wrote: Maybe the summer as a guess.

but it's summer now :)