Paying for ARSE.

ARSE News, rules and important stuff
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

pogo wrote:shame it can't be incorporated into a comp. Paypaling $1 is a bit pissy, make it ten and stick half in a prize pool.
Pogo, the only reason I havent done anything like that is I dont want the grief of keeping track of the money.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
norbs

Post by norbs »

Thanks alot guys, already got the next few months hosting sorted. :yes:
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

norbs wrote:Thanks alot guys, already got the next few months hosting sorted. :yes:

weeeeeeeee, ARSE is saved.
norbs

Post by norbs »

r8response wrote:
norbs wrote:Thanks alot guys, already got the next few months hosting sorted. :yes:

weeeeeeeee, ARSE is saved.
:) Well it was never in trouble of dissappearing, I just didnt want to have to foot the bill on my own, and the Google ads got clobbered, and this was a way of helping out. :)
TIMMY30

Post by TIMMY30 »

Ill chip in if you still want some help :)
pogo

Post by pogo »

norbs wrote:
pogo wrote:shame it can't be incorporated into a comp. Paypaling $1 is a bit pissy, make it ten and stick half in a prize pool.
Pogo, the only reason I havent done anything like that is I dont want the grief of keeping track of the money.
okie dokie, fair enough :)
DJglass

Post by DJglass »

Other ad sources:
- Amazon.com
- Maybe motorsports bookshop http://www.pitstop.net.au
- carsales.com.au or carpoint.com.au ?
- shannons?

Google and ebay both have their "moments" with customers.
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

Happy to help Norbs, I'll just have to set up a Paypal and make a deposit :)

A small payment every once in a while is nothing for the service you guys provide!
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

well done guys :yes: Thanks very much. :)
Hamal

Post by Hamal »

Any other way than paypal? For some reason I don't trust them bastards. "the walls have ears" and I wonder just who I'm giving my name to in reality (can I hear stealth choppers landing?).

Besides, I really cant be bothered going through the hassle of signing up for a Paypal account.
gasking

Post by gasking »

yeh id pay $1 for some arse

ill be keen for a fund raiser catch up at clipsal, as long as its early in the day :)
TassieDevil_Original

Post by TassieDevil_Original »

Hamal wrote:Any other way than paypal? For some reason I don't trust them bastards. "the walls have ears" and I wonder just who I'm giving my name to in reality (can I hear stealth choppers landing?).

Besides, I really cant be bothered going through the hassle of signing up for a Paypal account.
Yeah I'm sorta thinking like Hamal too, I would like to hear if there are any other options first, for getting some coin to ya dude.

I wish to help keep ya hosting going, but I always seem a bit warey of PayPal, dunno why just different things I've heard.

Tassie
schmickle

Post by schmickle »

I'm sure you've already explored the suggestion i'm about to make but...

What about charging $1 per entry for the AAL races, having races more frequently (i.e weekly) and offering a smallish prize to the winning team or individual (such as a video card or similar). I know pay to play has been frowned upon in the past but in cases like this i think it's important for the community to step up and support the league that we enjoy being part of.

This would surely alleviate the "ownership of AAL" problem you suggested and make things a little more interesting too. I'll happily contribute my $1 to AAL in the meantime though so please pm me the details.

I wonder what the rest of you guys think about the pay to play option though with a view to supporting AAL and making the series a littlre more interesting...

*opens up a can of worms* :podcast:
schmickle

Post by schmickle »

TassieDevil_Original wrote:
Hamal wrote:Any other way than paypal? For some reason I don't trust them bastards. "the walls have ears" and I wonder just who I'm giving my name to in reality (can I hear stealth choppers landing?).

Yeah I'm sorta thinking like Hamal too, I would like to hear if there are any other options first, for getting some coin to ya dude.

I wish to help keep ya hosting going, but I always seem a bit warey of PayPal, dunno why just different things I've heard.

Tassie
Pay Pal is safe as fellas, and come on surely it's not too hard to sign up for an account considering AAL is run by volunteers? :nod:
matticooper

Post by matticooper »

Hopefully catch up with ya next month and I'll happily make a donation :nod:

Maybe in September when you don your bike n helmet it should be...

Save Norbs' ARSE

or

ARSE - Help Norbs Save The Crack

or

Crack Your Wallet From Some ARSE

or... finally....

Give A Buck For Your ARSE ;)
Blowtus

Post by Blowtus »

schmickle wrote:Pay Pal is safe as fellas, and come on surely it's not too hard to sign up for an account considering AAL is run by volunteers? :nod:
It's too hard when I'm already signed up with a perfectly good online transfer system (ie, my bank) :)
But I'm all sorted anyway, I imagine the other lazy bastards are too :p
TassieDevil_Original

Post by TassieDevil_Original »

schmickle wrote:

Tassie
Pay Pal is safe as fellas, and come on surely it's not too hard to sign up for an account considering AAL is run by volunteers? :nod:
What ever man, I have the details I need now, and will be making my "more than a dollar" donation this week...so...... :lol:

Tassie
norbs

Post by norbs »

schmickle wrote: Pay Pal is safe as fellas, and come on surely it's not too hard to sign up for an account considering AAL is run by volunteers? :nod:
Lets not confuse AAL and ARSE. We help them out with forums, but they are run by Pix and Cutter. :yes:
wenmo

Post by wenmo »

No problems,i see a couple of members r going to the clipsal so will pass on or send paypal.
keep up the good work!
never had computers when i was a kid, so i am making up for it now!! Dont hit my car!
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

What ever man, I have the details I need now, and will be making my "more than a dollar" donation this week...so...... :lol:

Tassie
The point is that you only donate a dollar.
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
Jumi2

Post by Jumi2 »

Ok i would donate one euro, is that fine? I can do that via paypal, but i am not quite sure if such a small amount makes any sense with the things you have to pay for paypal and the currencie conversion.
Ciao, Jumi2.
ImageFor the love of God, shake me! Shake me like a British nanny!
David Piglos Shaw
Pig
Pig

Post by David Piglos Shaw »

matticooper wrote:Hopefully catch up with ya next month and I'll happily make a donation :nod:

Maybe in September when you don your bike n helmet it should be...

Save Norbs' ARSE

or

ARSE - Help Norbs Save The Crack

or

Crack Your Wallet From Some ARSE

or... finally....

Give A Buck For Your ARSE ;)
or

Get some ARSE.
Just put a coin in the slot.
Tracker

Post by Tracker »

hmm Do all member's who donate get a special icon under thier name. i can never seem to get stupid of the week award and im crap with graphix so maybe if i pay for 1 ;)
and also while i remember with the stupid of the week award is there any way to link it to the thread explaining why they got it as im too lazy to find it :rolleyes:
Life is like a grindstone - whether it grinds you down or polishes you up depends on what you're made of.
You only need two tools.WD-40 and Duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should use WD-40. If it moves and it shouldn't use the tape.
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

No and no :)

Actually the link thing isn't strictly true. I could put an href into the code for the rank but then all the ranks would link to the stupid of the week thread.
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream