Ashley Cooper tribute thread

ARSE News, rules and important stuff
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Ashley Cooper tribute thread

Post by w00dsy »

with the help of a friend we might be able to pass on our deepest condolences to the Cooper family who lost a valued family member over the weekend, so feel free to post your best wishes in here.
Coopz
King of the Wierd
King of the Wierd

Re: Ashley Cooper tribute thread

Post by Coopz »

A talented young driver, RIP Ash, least you died doing what you loved.
norbs wrote:
Stop bullying him. You have more birthdays each year than he gets roots!
bengatta
Ladies Motorkhana Champion

Post by bengatta »

at times like this words never seem enough, but in time, words are all that is left, and they help to preserve the memory of our fallen stars, sadly taken from us way to early.

To the entire Cooper network, his close family, his close knit group of friends, his many supporters, and the entire motorsport community, I offer my deepest sincere condolences.
They say, any day you wake up not dead is the start of a better day than it could be...

You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice...

You're never too old to learn something stupid....
Cutter
Legend in his own lunchtime
Legend in his own lunchtime

Post by Cutter »

Very sad, for his family and friends.
A loss.
Cutter ~ Carl Rickard

norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

My condolences to Ashley's family, friends and supporters.

May he rest in peace.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Gizmo
forum fairy - in a gay way!

Post by Gizmo »

Condolences to family and firends. A talented young man. Its such a shame his life had to come to an end but at least he was doing something he loved.
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

We've been faced with too many losses in motorsport this past few years. Some hero's of the sport have been taken recently bringing the fragility of the sport to the kitchen table, to everyone's lives.

I've found it hard to take, and every time there is the possibility of another it seems harder and harder.

I can only imagine how it feels for those in the families and in the network of friends close to these poeple.

It may seem strange, not knowing these people to even shake their hands, but I sincerely give my best wishes to all those surrounding Ashley. I feel a very personal loss for someone who gave his all for the sport I love so much.
tehsid

Post by tehsid »

Rest in peace. Its sad, but as has already been said, better to die doing something you love.

My condolences his family and friends.
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

sincerest condolences to the family and friends of Ashley Cooper.

Time will heal, but never want to forget.
--------------
Stu
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

Condolences to the Cooper Family.

Such sadness when someone loses their life following their dreams.
Drivers are not just Drivers, they are Heroes, Entertainers, Role Models, All of which I am Sure Ashley was to many.

RIP Ashley Cooper
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

:( I too add my name to the list of those wishing Ashleys family, friends, workmates, supporters my condolences.

Rest in Peace
Gougoodthing
Call me Nancy

Post by Gougoodthing »

Like the other posters, we all love motor sports with a passion.

But hell it can bite back very hard when we are not expecting it.

A big thank you to all the drivers/officials and organisers who enter, run and manage every event, and have given me literally thousands of hours of entertainment, thrills and adreneline over my lifetime.

Everytime something like this happens, I personally ponder "is this all worth it".

Then I have the luxury of sitting back, and watching the next event, eyes and ears alert and absolutely engrossed in what is going on.

The people around me at the Clipsal yesterday where silent as one when the prayer for Ashley was read out. Then later the same day we were all yelling and screaming and on the edge of our chair as the gladiators went into battle.

Sadly for Ashley, and others past, they do not get the chance to entertain me again. I thank them all from the bottom of my heart.

Heroes.

Gordon and family.
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

Sincerest condolences to the family and friends of Ashley Cooper.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
"There is nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney, Sr.
Sambo
Horse
Horse

Post by Sambo »

My sincerest condolences as well, best wishes to both family and friends. Ashley will never, ever, be forgotten.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Condolences to Ashley's family and friends. Very sad to die so young. RIP.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
richo

Post by richo »

Condolences to the Cooper family, especially for his children .

Too many big hits on that corner , he was the unlucky one but it could happen to any driver.

A chicane may be needed to save someone else's father/brother/son .
[]D [] []v[] []D
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Sincerest condolences to the whole Cooper Family. RIP Ashely, you were taken far to young but your memory will live for ever.
Also my thoughts are with all the event staff, medical staff and volunteers who have been effected in some way by this terrible tragedy.

I would also like to mention that after a suggestion from r8response, both divisions of the Monday Night Racing League observed a minute's silence before racing last monday night in remembrance of Ashley. It was very moving to see all races observing this memorial with engines switched off & cars stationary in their pits, as can be seen from this screen-shot taken prior to race 1 of Division A.

Full Size Here
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
schuey97
Yet to Dip his Nib

Post by schuey97 »

My Condolences to Ashley's family and friends in this time of sadness. Rest in Peace Ashley
Schuey's Unobtainables
Natalie Portman -- Delta Goodrem -- Miranda Kerr -- Avril Lavigne
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Rest In Peace Ashley.

Its such a shame that you were take in the prime of your life.
Condolences to your family, friends & supporters. Motorsport can bring great joy to those who compete in it and for the many who watch it from the sidelines but at times like this it can be extremely cruel.

Thank you to all of the officials and medical personnel who were able to provide you aid in you time of need and you family that were able to be by you side when you needed them the most of all.

It gets said so many times at tragic moments like these but at least you passed doing something you truly loved.

RIP Ashley Cooper, lest we forget.

Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
David Piglos Shaw
Pig
Pig

Post by David Piglos Shaw »

My deepest condolences to his family and friends.

The great pain you feel from his absence is but a reflection of the great joy you felt from his presence.

RIP Ashley.
bengatta
Ladies Motorkhana Champion

Post by bengatta »

David Piglos Shaw wrote:My deepest condolences to his family and friends.

The great pain you feel from his absence is but a reflection of the great joy you felt from his presence.

RIP Ashley.
Nice words DPS... Something in there for everybody i think...
They say, any day you wake up not dead is the start of a better day than it could be...

You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice...

You're never too old to learn something stupid....
Pinger$

Post by Pinger$ »

I was hoping for the best when I heard the prayer on Sunday.
My heart sank when I heard the awful news on Monday.
Gone, but not forgotten.
RIP Ashley.
Luigi only likes Ferraris.
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

Fujitsu V8 Supercar driver, Ashley Cooper, succumbed last Monday to brain injuries received from a high speed racing accident at the Clipsal 500 meeting in Adelaide.

As terrible as this incident was for his partner, Casey, and their two young children Ella and Bailey, their families, friends, and motorsport fans; Ashley has provided the greatest gift of all – life – to seven other people, including a six year old girl, through the donation of his organs.

Ashley’s family - with support from Transplant Australia - has now announced the establishment of the Ashley Cooper Foundation, to raise money for Ashley’s partner Casey and their two young children Ella and Bailey.

“As a family, we will of course do everything we can for Casey, Ella and Bailey” explained a distraught Alan Cooper; Ashley’s father.

“But the reality is that now Ashley has gone, Casey and the kids have no source of income in the short term to meet their mortgage payments, or other regular living expenses.”

“And while none of this will bring their father back, we are hoping to at least raise enough money so the kids can continue to live in their own home with their mother.”

Transplant Australia, as a registered charity representing transplant recipients, donor families and living donors, will manage the appeal for the Cooper family through its Trust Account, receiving donations and providing tax deductible receipts.

All donations to the Ashley Cooper Foundation will be used for the maintenance, advancement and benefit of Ashley’s two children; with Transplant Australia remitting 100% of all funds to the family less any bank and credit card fees incurred in the transaction of those funds.

Transplant Australia CEO, Chris Thomas, said the generosity shown by Ashley and his family had not only saved seven lives but also raised awareness about the positive impact of organ and tissue donation.

“Transplant Australia is very pleased to be able to help Ashley’s family after he has given so much to others.”

People wishing to donate to the Ashley Cooper Foundation can do so by phoning 1800 827 757.

From Wednesday, 5th March 2008, you can also pledge donations through:

* http://www.ashleycooper.com.au
* http://www.transplant.org.au
* http://www.v8supercars.com.au