ARSE has a new home.

ARSE News, rules and important stuff
Shonky

Re: ARSE has a new home.

Post by Shonky »

Big Kev wrote:
ysu wrote:What host have you guys chosen?
This is the point where someone says, oh god, they're shit I've had nothing but trouble from them for the last 3 years :D
Bluehost.com
Just keep an eye on the CPU usage Kev, I've got hosting with Bluehost and it has been great, but I've read on their forums in the past that their CPU limiting is pretty harsh, but I do recall getting an email from them a little while back saying they had updated the CPU usage script they were using and that the limiting should kick in nowhere near as often.
VTRacing
Team Pedant (c)

Post by VTRacing »

norbs wrote:
wild wrote:I just got e-mail no. 7 ;)
Yeah, well it was my fault. I hit the submit button and nothing seemed to happen, so I hit it again, and, again................and again. You know, like waiting for a lift?

Didn't realise I had my torrents running madly and saturated the connection. So you might get a few more yet! I sort of cracked the shits at it. :)
I got 6. Plus the one telling me that ARSE was down.

Glad the ARSE found a new home.
:teach:
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

can we post our naked pics now??? :D

cheers all arse admins for the forums. :yes:
Tim Stelten

Post by Tim Stelten »

Good work guys.

FYI - this ARSE move went quicker than us getting RSC back on its legs. We're getting there again though and the board is up and running too.

I hope both Norbs Kev and all others aren't pissed that I spam about that one here by the way - we were so much tits up that we thought we'd lost RSC tbh.

At any rate, we'll get back to where we were, even if we suffered from data loss :(

Gr & GL with the board, if you need any help let me know.

Tim
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Tim Stelten wrote:Good work guys.

FYI - this ARSE move went quicker than us getting RSC back on its legs. We're getting there again though and the board is up and running too.

I hope both Norbs Kev and all others aren't pissed that I spam about that one here by the way - we were so much tits up that we thought we'd lost RSC tbh.

At any rate, we'll get back to where we were, even if we suffered from data loss :(

Tim
Tim, I have no problem with you advertising the fact that RSC is back. Thats fine. I find your offer of help slightly humorous. I know you probably mean well, but really, we are doing ok over here. Maybe the difference is in the way we treat our resident experts. :nod:
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
funkdancer

Post by funkdancer »

Big Kev wrote:
ysu wrote:What host have you guys chosen?
This is the point where someone says, oh god, they're shit I've had nothing but trouble from them for the last 3 years :D
Bluehost.com
I got my personal sites on bluehost.com. Love them! Their service responsiveness is just fantastic as well, just jump on instant chat and they're on to it straight away.
Jumi2

Post by Jumi2 »

norbs wrote:
Tim Stelten wrote:Good work guys.

Tim
Tim, I have no problem with you advertising the fact that RSC is back. Thats fine. I find your offer of help slightly humorous. I know you probably mean well, but really, we are doing ok over here. Maybe the difference is in the way we treat our resident experts. :nod:
Sort of a major desaster when rsc and the arse went down... boy was that boring with the little rest the internet is... :eek:
Ciao, Jumi2.
ImageFor the love of God, shake me! Shake me like a British nanny!
ashsimmonds

Post by ashsimmonds »

norbs wrote:I have put a redirection in place from our old hosts for the next 2 weeks.
Which is now useless as your old hosts have put a bandwidth exceeded ban on it.
because you can't drive a house
norbs

Post by norbs »

ashsimmonds wrote:
norbs wrote:I have put a redirection in place from our old hosts for the next 2 weeks.
Which is now useless as your old hosts have put a bandwidth exceeded ban on it.
Yeah Ash, I know. I am currently trying to get them to remove it. I paid for the next 12 months hosting on the old domain, and I downgraded the plan, as ARSE was the major source of use, so as soon as the payment went through, they dropped the plan. I had already paid up until the 16th for the old 50gig plan, so i expect them to put it back.
ashsimmonds

Post by ashsimmonds »

norbs wrote:I had already paid up until the 16th for the old 50gig plan, so i expect them to put it back.
50gig... is that per month? aussieexotics is doing about that and it's serving over half a million photos a month with over 1,000 visitors from google a day - I can't believe arse is anywhere near hitting the limit of a 50gig plan unless there's a huge part of the site which isn't the forum that I haven't noticed. :eyepop:
because you can't drive a house
norbs

Post by norbs »

Ash, 50gig / month is the old plan. The new plan that they switched me to is 10gig / month. ARSE generates about 10-15gig per month on average. This month just over 11 gig, thus the bandwidth exceeded sign.
Gusto

Post by Gusto »

norbs wrote:Attention all,

could you please update your bookmarks, favourites or that tattoo you got on the inside of your arm to reflect the new url for the forums.
But... what if I already had http://www.arse.org.au already tattooed? Hahar, it still workies :)