Dunkirk

Chat about stuff you've seen
w00dsy
Jamnut v2.0

Dunkirk

Postby w00dsy » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:30 pm

Anyone else seen it? I saw it last night and loved it. It's very much aimed at men, there's not a lot of dialogue, not much of a plot either, just lots of cool actions scenes. The Spitfire scenes were great.

Jamo

Re: Dunkirk

Postby Jamo » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:21 pm

Very much looking forward it!

Now if only PJ would get his finger out on his Dambusters adaption.
I drink a great deal, I sleep a little and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two hundred percent form - Sir Winston Churchill

wabbit

Postby wabbit » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:32 pm

I thought it was great. I felt it was non stop from start to finish. Went for authenticity and didn't do the normal silly things like two blokes standing there talking about how one has a hot wife to return too. Rather it merged 3 points of view.

On the merging the 3 different timelines was the difficult bit until it clicked (1 week, 1 day, 1 hour), then the movie continued to make sense.

Also, it's so well shot. You could frame so much of that movie and the sound... farrrkk, the noise some things made :eek:

Oh and the soundtrack. Gotta give two thumbs up.

Afterwards I thought it's most likely the most different war movie I've seen.

richo

Postby richo » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:36 pm

Loved it , sound and vision was outstanding and I really loved the small boat scenes . The score was pretty wild too for a period piece too.
[]D [] []v[] []D

durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Postby durbster » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:09 pm

It was the first film I've seen in IMAX and definitely up there with the best cinema experiences I've had. From the first gunshot I was right in there.

It's not perfect. The timeline thing was a bit jarring until I figure it out; the music was occasionally overbearing (did it even need a soundtrack?); we sometimes couldn't hear the voices; and there was a bit of a Hollywood moment that I'd spotted and hoped wouldn't happen.

Otherwise, absolutely superb. I've become quite disillusioned with cinema recently, especially big blockbuster films which have all been completely forgettable. I was still thinking about this one when I woke up the next morning.

GT VIRUS

Postby GT VIRUS » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:42 pm

I thought it was shit. Jumped around too much, and just felt like nationalistic twat. Just as much of a wank-off as the american war films

Dr. Pain

Postby Dr. Pain » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:42 pm

My mum wants to go see this and she hasn't been to the movies in 40 years. She's in for a shock when she goes :rofl:

Having watched only this trailer, I've found a fault... It's not a proper Messerschmitt Bf-109 :gnash:
Minister for Religious Genocide.

Honda is killing Mclaren KILLING THEM! :taz:

w00dsy
Jamnut v2.0

Re: RE: Re: Dunkirk

Postby w00dsy » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:33 pm

wabbit wrote:Rather it merged 3 points of view.

And each was land, sea and air. Just like the military.

Dr. Pain

Postby Dr. Pain » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:24 pm

:yes: :yes:

I enjoyed it. My mum hasn't been to a cinema for 48 years even she enjoyed it but now she's got a list after watching the previews :rolleyes:
Minister for Religious Genocide.

Honda is killing Mclaren KILLING THEM! :taz:

Return to “TV and Film”