Game of Thrones (TV series)

Chat about stuff you've seen
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Re: Game of Thrones (TV series)

Post by wobblysauce »

That was a good abridged recap.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

[youtube] [/youtube]
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Rodman must have taken him a couple box sets so he can catch up in time for the new season :)

wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Winter has come

wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

Look at the resemblance between Joffrey and the crazy-pants Roman Emperor Caligula!

'Game Of Thrones' Costs $6 Million Per Episode?
http://www.contactmusic.com/news/game-o ... de_1333082" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

:yikes:
norbs

Post by norbs »

DarrenM wrote::yikes:

Didn't see that coming!
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

norbs wrote:
DarrenM wrote::yikes:

Didn't see that coming!
I cant believe that...show continues to amaze...
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

Yeah, that was a shock.
Also, the weekly recaps on Grantland (grantland.com, Bill Simmons' ESPN spin off website) do help me connect names with characters, so they might help some others to.
XLV SPORT
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

That was a kind of holy shitballs moment. He certainly doesn't let people get too attached to his characters!
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Jamo

Post by Jamo »

Show continues to amaze? It's just following the books which incidentally sh!t all over the show from a great height.

The Red Wedding was woefully mishandled in the show if you ask me, it was not nearly as beautifully executed and elegantly brutal as in the book.

I'm still annoyed at Asha Greyjoy being renamed Yara for some inexplicable bloody reason, not to mention being relegated to bit player. She's a force in the books.
I drink a great deal, I sleep a little and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two hundred percent form - Sir Winston Churchill
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

I'm reading the book. It's a pretty good book, too. :)
I cbf'ed looking at another half arsed re-imagination of someone's book. Movies made of books are very rarely good enough. Movie ppl always have their own ideas and for some reason re-writing parts of the books ... and never for the better.
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

I"m happy to keep watching the shows rather than read the books. Often reading the books spoils the movie/TV show and, books aside, the show is awesome on its own.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Exar Kun wrote:I"m happy to keep watching the shows rather than read the books. Often reading the books spoils the movie/TV show and, books aside, the show is awesome on its own.
well, dunno about you, I've watched a few minutes and the actors were piss poor :)
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

ysu wrote:
Exar Kun wrote:I"m happy to keep watching the shows rather than read the books. Often reading the books spoils the movie/TV show and, books aside, the show is awesome on its own.
well, dunno about you, I've watched a few minutes and the actors were piss poor :)
Well you're entitled to your opinion but judging by the popularity of the show I'd say you're in the minority with that one.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Yay, book snobs.

Of course the viewing is going to be different for those who haven't read it and major events like that will have a high impact. I guess not having the plot spoiled and preconceived views on what the characters should be makes it a lot easier for us to enjoy the show.

Still haven't read the books as I'd prefer to just take the show for what it is rather than compare it to something it can't be. Just like a good cover of a song, elements will be changed to suit the performer and want they want to do with it. If you can't handle the fact that it's going to differ, particularly when it's in a different medium which can't go into as much detail, then WTF are you watching it for?

Watched a few minutes? lol. The acting is good and the series is very high quality.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Exar Kun wrote:Well you're entitled to your opinion but judging by the popularity of the show I'd say you're in the minority with that one.
Big brother was popular too :lol:
DarrenM wrote:Yay, book snobs.
You honour me, sir :)
DarrenM wrote:...If you can't handle the fact that it's going to differ, particularly when it's in a different medium which can't go into as much detail, then WTF are you watching it for?
well, I'm not, that's what I was saying... ;) In fact I'm not watching much telly at all, it's pretty much all rubbish in my opinion.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Well this thread's about the TV show, not the book. If you're not watching it why bother coming in here to say it's no good and that's it?

I'll agree that books are usually better but this is still one hell of a good show that gets rave reviews from most, critics, fans of the books and those new to the series alike. As Darren said, it's much easier to enjoy the show having not read the books.
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

Well the pilot was Est.10mil and the other episodes are Est.6mill each, so you would hope so.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

Jamo

Post by Jamo »

Oh don't get me wrong I love the show, absolutely love it. But some of the changes, have me tearing out my hair and sometimes they just miss dramatic beats by wide margins.

There's a massive one coming up which will probably be mid next season that they would have to be blithering imbeciles to miss. We'll see.
I drink a great deal, I sleep a little and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two hundred percent form - Sir Winston Churchill
kwijibo
Squatting Squirter

Post by kwijibo »

I've read the books and loved them. I'm watching the show and love it. I was just jealous that I didn't get the full shock value in the show last night that the missus did. Her face was priceless.
Jamo wrote: I'm still annoyed at Asha Greyjoy being renamed Yara for some inexplicable bloody reason, not to mention being relegated to bit player. She's a force in the books.
I think I read somewhere a while back that they did this because they thought people would mis-hear it as Osha
petey

Post by petey »

I saw some peoples reaction's on facebook before I had time to watch it. Spent the entire episode waiting for something to happen so it was mostly ruined for me.

Still very full on.
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
norbs

Post by norbs »

****NSFW******

Unless the books are very well illustrated, well.....

:D
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

Last Pic, Sibel Kekilli(Shae), really knows how to act.. former Adult actress, by the way.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ