Shonky

Re: Game of Thrones (TV series)

Post by Shonky »

Jamo

Post by Jamo »

YELD6dW.jpg
A Girl has Grown.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I drink a great deal, I sleep a little and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two hundred percent form - Sir Winston Churchill
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

This seems to have gone off flawlessly on Foxtel's streaming service. :dead:
Minister for Religious Genocide.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

This wont be back until 2019 for it's final season.
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

6 eps.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

I thought the last 6 were due this year, 2018?
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

eek
Cursed

Post by Cursed »

I've decided to read the books. Up to book 5 now. The variations in the TV show are interesting and to my mind some of them are improvements on the books.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197962772149]Image[/url]
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

Oh, I read/listened to them before watching the first Ep.

Every time a new book came out redid the old ones first.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Well that last ep was rubbish.
[SPOILER]
Oh look, lets show everyone on their last swing of the sword, then, magic, shiv the ice king and they all fucking drop! Lazy fucking writing.

Why didnt the big dude with the crush on the big women, tell the rest of them about the Ice Dragon that he saw tearing up the wall? I've heard of c**t struck, but that is ridiculous.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

I expected more. Not more story as such but more punch in the story portrayed. I’m wanting another red wedding moment

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
--------------
Stu
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I thought it was alright. It's ending so that's a good thing. Other shows have my interest like Narco's Mexico atm so I'm just seeing this series through to the end and I don't think I'll ever watch any of it again.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

I enjoyed it but thought it was dragged out a bit much towards the end and some aspects could have been better.
[SPOILER]
The main characters were overwhelmed in their last moment for way too long. They'd show them getting overrun then cut back to them 10 mins later and they're still going. Seemed a bit silly that virtually everyone except the main characters died though maybe they just didn't show them at the end of the episode.

No white walkers was the biggest WTF. They were the whole reason they made all those dragon glass weapons and all they did was stand behind the Night King at the end. Should have had them in the battle acting as generals and getting picked off during the battle, or have them as the final wave instead of just raising the dead again.

I don't think it was lazy writing to win when the Night King died. They've been figuring out it was the way to win since Sam discovered how to kill white walkers in season 3. They just had to figure out how to get to him.

Bran told Daenerys about the Ice Dragon, so they did know about it. But it might have made more sense for Tormund to tell them about it given he saw it at the wall.
[SPOILER]
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

WTF!!! This show is now so far up it's own ARSE it is lost (much like the books from what I hear). After the first 3 episodes I feel they don't know how to end it without it being a complete balls up... :(
[SPOILER]
The first two episodes where practically the same story line & should have been condensed into one show.
The last episode should have been 1hr at the most, the fight scene just dragged & dragged, was most of the time very confusing (when it didn't need to be) & then it all ends with one stab. Even the character who did end it was no surprise, at least to me & my better-half.
Then there are all the unanswered questions around the Night King, like who was he, what connection did he have with the Starks (particularly Bran), what were his motives other than being a PITA.
Then there is the "The Red Woman", Melisandre who just magically reappears in the story line for what? To provide some fire, both literally & in awakening Ayra about her destiny in the battle of the long night.
If all this was just irrelevant to the main story, other than providing for a debatable 'epic" battle scene then that would be shit in my opinion.
I really hope I am wrong about this but with only 3 more episodes left til it ends I'm not expecting much from it anymore.
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Oops DP & can't delete it...
Dukester

norbs

Post by norbs »

I saw a Tweet with all the records they broke in that ep. So that would explain most of it.

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

So in other words pointless other than to break records. I think my fears are being confirmed... :(
Dukester

durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

They're in the impossible position of having to wrap up an incredibly complex world in a way that both keeps the audience happy yet retains the brutal twists and turns of the show. I don't think there's a way you can deliver those two things.
[SPOILER]
The first battle at the wall (season 2?) was absolutely brilliant as they unleashed the various different strategies and weaponry to defend it. In this one there was so much wrong with their tactics (or lack of) I found it frustrating.

1. Wouldn't the fire fence be more useful as the first line of defence rather than the last?
2. Why not stand behind the fire fence in the first place?
3. Apparently their only plan for lighting the fence was to use a dragon, but dragon fire doesn't seem particular concentrated, so how was that going to work without wiping out half their own people? And didn't anyone have any matches? And why did fire lady walk out so bloody slowly during a massive crisis?
4. Why didn't they absolutely hammer the zombies while they were stood still?
5. Why did they wait until they'd climbed all the way up the castle wall before doing anything? They're completely vulnerable while climbing yet deadly when at the top.
6. What purpose did Jon and Dany farting about on their dragons serve? We know the dragons can already do that stuff by themselves so all they did was put themselves at risk.
7. Why were the Dothraki with bonus fire swords so useless?
8. Why didn't they use the trebuchets properly?

Apart from that, it was ok :D

It became a generic zombie film at one point, and there are too many just-in-time saviours now. That's something the show tended not to do in the early days which is why I liked it. One of the things that made it so exciting was that anyone was potentially not going to make it. Now they are constantly rescued just-in-time.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Duke wrote:WTF!!! This show is now so far up it's own ARSE it is lost (much like the books from what I hear). After the first 3 episodes I feel they don't know how to end it without it being a complete balls up... :(
[SPOILER]
Then there are all the unanswered questions around the Night King, like who was he, what connection did he have with the Starks (particularly Bran), what were his motives other than being a PITA.
[SPOILER]
The white walkers were created by the Children of the Forest to defend against humans who were cutting down their trees, but they turned on their creators and almost wiped them out. They tried to go south but the humans defeated them, then raised the wall to try to stop them coming back. The Night King seems to have been the only original one to survive and all the others were created/raised by him which is why they all died when he did.

https://gameofthrones.fandom.com/wiki/White_Walkers
https://gameofthrones.fandom.com/wiki/Night_King

Bran took over the role of Three-Eyed Raven when he went north of the wall. A seer who can have visions of the past and the future as well as see through the eyes of animals. The Night King wanted to wipe out all life, though we don't know why, and to achieve that he had to take out Bran in order to wipe out all history and knowledge. Also with Bran being able to spy on him and see where he is, taking him out would have helped him succeed.

https://gameofthrones.fandom.com/wiki/Three-Eyed_Raven
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

DarrenM wrote:
Duke wrote:WTF!!! This show is now so far up it's own ARSE it is lost (much like the books from what I hear). After the first 3 episodes I feel they don't know how to end it without it being a complete balls up... :(
[SPOILER]
[SPOILER]
The white walkers were created by the Children of the Forest to defend against humans who were cutting down their trees, but they turned on their creators and almost wiped them out. They tried to go south but the humans defeated them, then raised the wall to try to stop them coming back. The Night King seems to have been the only original one to survive and all the others were created/raised by him which is why they all died when he did.

Bran took over the role of Three-Eyed Raven when he went north of the wall. A seer who can have visions of the past and the future as well as see through the eyes of animals. The Night King wanted to wipe out all life, though we don't know why, and to achieve that he had to take out Bran in order to wipe out all history and knowledge. Also with Bran being able to spy on him and see where he is, taking him out would have helped him succeed.

Duke wrote:So in other words pointless other than to break records. I think my fears are being confirmed... :(
How on earth was it pointless? The whole show has been building up to that battle. "Winter is coming." Of course they had to make it big.

Being the longest battle is the only record in the tweet. The others are just stats.
Last edited by DarrenM on Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
petey

Post by petey »

[SPOILER]
The just in time rescues were a slowly increasing disappointment as the episode went on. Not surprising but disappointing all the same. Really thought this show had more balls.
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Re: RE: Re: Game of Thrones (TV series)

Post by Duke »

DarrenM wrote:
DarrenM wrote:
[SPOILER]
[SPOILER]

Duke wrote:So in other words pointless other than to break records. I think my fears are being confirmed... :(
How on earth was it pointless? The whole show has been building up to that battle. "Winter is coming." Of course they had to make it big.

Being the longest battle is the only record in the tweet. The others are just stats.
[SPOILER]
Because the outcome was always a given, no-one of significance died & nothing was answered unless you've read the book or the fanboi sites.
As others have said the show has lost its balls.
Dukester

DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Of course the outcome was a given. When was the last time you watched a movie where the bad guys won?

All the info I posted was in the show as well.
norbs

Post by norbs »

The thing I most liked about GoT early on was you didnt know who was going to bite the dust next!

I really expected some of the big stars to go tits up this time around, but it didnt happen. I know we lost some players. The firey little girl. The smoke out the twat lady. The bloke that never dies, well he died! (yes, it shows how much I am invested in it all by how well I know all the names) :D

And I respect people like Darren that have a handle on things better than I know my own life. But I am still disappointed with that ep. And this season to be honest. But, it hasnt deteriorated as badly as some shows. (Im looking at you Dexter!)

Now, what do we think will happen next? Will Jamie strangle Cersei while doing her from behind? Will Tormund finally get to hold hands with the Knight Lady Brienne? Will Bran sprout wings and gain mobility again? Will John Snow Targereon Sand Bastard Aunty Fucker pump some dragons into the Queen of them? Will Arya say to Podric "Stick me with you pointy end!"? Will the Hound catch up on his "c**t" quota? Will Tyrion manage a 5 way with 4 whores?

So many questions!
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

Norbs, I'd really like you to do a commentary track to the whole thing. :D