[SPOILERS] Star Wars: The Force Awakens [SPOILERS]

Chat about stuff you've seen
plastik8

[SPOILERS] Star Wars: The Force Awakens [SPOILERS]

Post by plastik8 »

!!!!!SPOILER ALERT!!!!

Hey everyone - is it cool to start a thread to discuss the story? Does the preview screen in Tapatalk always show text from inside the post, even if it is wrapped within a spoiler tag?

Is there any other way I can make this post more obvious to those who haven't seen the movie yet?

But let's be honest... Anyone that cares about Star Wars has probably seen it already? If not twice?
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197971333750]Image[/url]
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Re: [SPOILERS] Star Wars: The Force Awakens [SPOILERS]

Post by w00dsy »

Yeah tapatalk shows the first few lines, so people would see if I said Luke dies in the first few minutes.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

NSFW? At least have some titties here, man! :)
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

Star whores.
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

Ok ill get started....

:fall: :fall: :fall: :yikes:
[SPOILER]
Awesome movie.. I was absolutely gutted when Han went but glad that they didn't have Klo back flipping so easily..

Would like to have seen Luke at least say a couple of words!

Where was the ghost of yoda, anikan, kenobi?
eek
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

disappointing thread thus far :)
--------------
Stu
bengatta
Ladies Motorkhana Champion

Post by bengatta »

Movie starts, stuff happens, movie ends, people clap...
They say, any day you wake up not dead is the start of a better day than it could be...

You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice...

You're never too old to learn something stupid....
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

[SPOILER]
I really liked Kylo Ren's Voice, was so cool. very threatening and while also being similar to vaders its also very different.

Its going to be very interesting to see where Rey Fits in, is she Luke's Daughter? the people of reddit seem to think so.
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

[SPOILER]
maybe Rey is related to Kenobi?
eek
Jamo

Post by Jamo »

Who is Rey?

Where the fuck did Snoak(???) come from? Is he a legit Sith Lord or a Dark Jedi, did Luke in fact fail twice?
I drink a great deal, I sleep a little and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two hundred percent form - Sir Winston Churchill
richo

Post by richo »

Snoke was the one downer for me , shitty CGI and as Jamo has so eloquently put Where the fuck did he come from?
[]D [] []v[] []D
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

Jamo wrote:Who is Rey?

Jamo

Post by Jamo »

Damn she is cutey. The character Rod, not Daisy Ridley ;)
I drink a great deal, I sleep a little and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two hundred percent form - Sir Winston Churchill
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

pixelboy wrote:
[SPOILER]
maybe Rey is related to Kenobi?
Doesn't fit the timeline.

Kenobi is one of the last of the Jedi Order when they weren't meant to have any attachments.
plastik8

Post by plastik8 »

Tapatalk no
Tapatalk preview
tapatap tap tap tapparooo

OK, some of my questions after watching:

* Who gave the map USB drive thing to Poe at the very start? The old fella from the village?
* Why was it so easy for Rey to steal the Millenium Falcon (Belonged to Simon Pegg?) in the chase scene?

Not really a question, but I thought Kylo Ren was a bit of a sissy. Perhaps he will progress into more of a badass in the future instalments?
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197971333750]Image[/url]
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

plastik8 wrote:Tapatalk no
Tapatalk preview
tapatap tap tap tapparooo

OK, some of my questions after watching:

* Who gave the map USB drive thing to Poe at the very start? The old fella from the village?
* Why was it so easy for Rey to steal the Millenium Falcon (Belonged to Simon Pegg?) in the chase scene?

Not really a question, but I thought Kylo Ren was a bit of a sissy. Perhaps he will progress into more of a badass in the future instalments?
Yeah the ol fella. I believe he was there to watch over Rey, sent by Luke, he had it so she could find Luke when she was ready.

I think she was fixing the falcon for the Simon Pegg character. Plus shes force strong so she could sence what to do.

Kylo Ren is tormented because he wants to be the villain but struggles with it. His nature is to be good but he desperately wants to be dark. Not sure why...
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

So...
How
Many
Lines
Before
Tapatalk
Stops
Previewing? Maybe lots more..... Last day for entry into a private thread after everyone has paid off to a more recent times of India is the best way to do the test but I 3 and I have been working long hours and only when i have free time at home i can actually work on the way out to the hearse.

Yay for predictive text ☺

A shame about Han as he and Kylo Ren carried the movie I felt. But then, I doubt Harrison Ford would have signed on to more than one movie. Rey was cool - she seemed to pick things up a bit too quickly but I guess they can explain that away with the Force. I felt Kylo was also a bit weak in his fight with her despite being injured.

And yet another super weapon with a convenient weakness? That was just a bit too contrived.

Still, it felt very much like star wars and bodes well for the future of the franchise (a new film every year from here on!).

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

Who was the old guy at the start? I couldn't remember it's been quite a while now since I watched the original trilogy.

It seems pretty clear cut that Rey is Luke's daughter but then I guess they could be trying to pull the wool over our eyes. Hmm don't really think so though and I like the family continuity through each trilogy.

Something about Kylo Rens name I never picked it up through the whole movie until seeing it in this topic. He's very powerful in the force but there's something a bit weak and pathetic about him, I think there's going to have to be some major development through the trilogy to make him a real sinister villain, at the moment he's just a bit too emo.

Brings up the other point someone else mentioned, Rey, while it didn't really spoil it for me she was picking up using the force just too quickly and easily and all but sliced up Kylo, maybe they'll have some explanation for it.
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

w00dsy wrote:
Jamo wrote:Who is Rey?

I agree with a lot that's been said. I loved new Darth, the voice was cool, like an homage to Vadar since he seems to be his biggest fan but not exactly the same. I liked that he was conflicted about things but then turned out to be dark in the end. It made the Han bit more edgy, even though we'd picked that he'd go. We also picked that Luke would be in the last 10 seconds only :)

I hope she's not his daughter as it seems too obvious but I'd put my money there.

Ren was definitely too easy to beat at the end in my opinion, and the earth opened up at way too perfect a time to separate them.

My biggest gripe would be the third death star style base/weapon. That was pretty weak, surely they could have come up with something awesome for a new base.

It is a great movie though and I'm looking forward to more. I think the next directors have a bit to live up to though, hopefully they can do it justice.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

TapatalkpreviewblockerTapatalkpreviewblockerTapatalkpreviewblockerTapatalkpreviewblockerTapatalkpreviewblockerTapatalkpreviewblockerTapatalkpreviewblockerTapatalkpreviewblockerTapatalkpreviewblockerTapatalkpreviewblockerTapatalkpreviewblockerTapatalkpreviewblockerTapatalkpreviewblockerTapatalkpreviewblockerTapatalkpreviewblockerTapatalkpreviewblockerTapatalkpreviewblockerTapatalkpreviewblockerTapatalkpreviewblockerTapatalkpreviewblockerTapatalkpreviewblockerTapatalkpreviewblockerTapatalkpreviewblockerTapatalkpreviewblockerTapatalkpreviewblockerTapatalkpreviewblockerTapatalkpreviewblockerTapatalkpreviewblocker

JJ isn't doing the trilogy? Was so damn gutted when Han died. I actually thought one of them would. I kinda thought it was going to be Chewy to be honest. When he called out to his son on the walkway, I knew what was going to happen.

I loved it. Not perfect, and I think everyone here has covered the same feelings I had both good and bad. Mostly good. some of it great. There were about 4 or 5 moments where I just sat back and thought 'thank fuck'.
Jamo

Post by Jamo »

Sarsippius wrote:Who was the old guy at the start?
Ming the Motherfucking Merciless! Where's Flash when you need him, he'll save every one of us!

P.S. WTF is Tapatalk obviously some other new fangled thing like farken Facebook I do not use.
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

yeah mate. Tapatalk is an app that allows you to have new forum posts read aloud so you dont need to go into the thread. You "tap" the notification that pops up on your smartphone and it then "talks" to you. Very cool. By typing spolier alerts at the start, the listener has time to intervene :up:
--------------
Stu
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

. didn't work
. didn't work
. didn't work
. didn't work
. didn't work
. didn't work
. didn't work
. didn't work
. didn't work

The lighting on Ren was great during that scene. When he was conflicted about killing Han he had red on one side of his face and blue on the other, then it was just red after he killed him.
Last edited by w00dsy on Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

lol those dots don't help on my phone w00dsy. This post should though.

I didn't notice the lighting, will have to take note of that next time. Very cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

2 of my favorite lines were both about Chewie. The nurse saying 'you're very brave' and Han with 'oh you're cold?'