Making a Murder

Chat about stuff you've seen
wabbit

Making a Murder

Post by wabbit »

Making a Murderer is a spellbinding slow burn that effectively utilizes the documentary format to tell a twisty mystery.

IMDB: 9.2
Rottontomatos: 96%

Fantastic TV series, sure it's a "slow burn" but I wouldn't want it any other way. The amount of information presented is shocking.
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Re: Making a Murder

Post by w00dsy »

i'm just starting the last episode now. Brendan Dassey makes Forest Gump look like Bill Nye.
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

It's so sad :(

Poor Brendan.

Great show, it's slow to start but it drags you in and you can't stop. I do like a true crime show though.
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

Since the show aired people are starting to notice things the defense didn't, like the photo of her next to her car shows her keys in her hand and it appears to have multiple keys on her keying. Somethings really fishy about that key not being found until the 7th visit. Also the needle hole in the vile of blood is super suss.

Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

The whole thing is so dodgy from the cops side. It seems with all these shows coming out that the cops really get pushed to make a conviction quickly and move on to the next case.
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

Every time they say Brendon Dasseys name it sounds like Peter Griffin saying Darcy.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

This sounds a lot like the Serial podcast in that is is long form story telling.

Will take a look when I get home. Thanks.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

here's the trailer for it.

w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

just saw this theory, it actually makes perfect sense.

The police didn't kill Theresa Halbach. Andrew Colborn located that RAV4 with the assistance of Mike Halbach and Ryan Hillegas who illegally trespassed onto the Avery Salvage Yard on the night of November 3rd 2005. Mike Halbach and Ryan Hillegas suspected something was up since the Avery Salvage Yard was the last place they knew Theresa visited on Oct.31st Halloween day.
They went snooping on the property and found the car. They checked the car and found the key in the ignition and blood in the cargo area. Mike or Ryan removed the key from the ignition to ensure that no one could easily move the car off of the Avery property... freaked out about this huge discovery they call the Manitowoc Sheriffs Department. Andrew Colborn fielded the call that night and went out and met Ryan and Mike at the Salvage Yard so he could view the car for himself.
Ryan and Mike show him the car and to be certain its Halbachs he "calls" in the plate number to dispatch. Colborn has to "call" in... instead of "radio" in... the plate number to Manitowoc dispatch because he wasn't in his police cruiser at the moment, but rather on foot and in the "field' on the Avery Salvage property. This mistake places Colborn at the scene and in contact with Halbachs RAV4... 2 days before it is officially located on November 5th, 2005, by Pam Sturm....
This is problematic for Colborn because all call and radio transmissions to dispatch are recorded and logged onto the Manitowoc Police server. Andrew Colborn is now operating outside of police protocol at a potential crime scene that he has no official directive to be at. He tells Mike Halbach and Ryan Hillegas to basically STFU about what they found and not mention to anyone that they were ever on the Avery Salvage property that night. Ryan or Mike turns the RAV4 key over to Andrew Colborn. Mike and Ryan are told to go home. Andrew Colborn then immediately calls Lt. James Lenk and briefs him about the discovery of the Halbach car and breaches of protocol he committed on the Avery property, also about Ryan Hillegas and Mike Halbach being there. Lt James Lenk realizing that Colborn's calling in Halbachs plate is a serious mistake with potential consequences orders Andrew Colborn to remove the license plate from Halbach's car and then report to him immediately.
What James Lenk and Andrew Colborn, or the others for that matter, don't realize at this point and are completely unaware of is that Bobby Dassey and Scott Tadych have kidnapped, raped, shot and then burned Theresa Halbach in the privacy of the gravel quarry off of Jambo Rd on Halloween evening. They choose to burn her body to dispose of their DNA evidence of the crimes. They hid Halbach's car in the rear of Avery Salvage and wiped it clean of their prints. I believe it is Scott Tadych's idea to secretly transport the cremains of Halbach from the gravel quarry and dispose them into Steven Avery's burn pit. Scott Tadych transports Halbach's cremains in secret by using one of Barb Jandas burn barrels from her yard. Scott Tadych fails to collect all of Halbach's cremains from the original burn site in the gravel quarry, thus leaving some behind that FBI investigators later find... but he also fails in making certain all of Halbach's cremains are out of Barb Jandas burn barrel after dumping them into Steven Avery's burn pit.
This is why investigators found small bits of Halbach in Barb Jandas burn barrel. Thus making a total of three sites where Halbach's cremains are found. Scott Tadych and Bobby Dassey are unaware that Ryan Hillegas and Mike Halbach have found Theresas car on the property and that Lenk and Colborn are now involved and in play with their scheme. .........By shear colossal luck, two completely independent frame jobs targeting one man, Steven Avery were shaping up into the perfect storm. On one front, from Lenk and Colborn regarding the RAV4, ....and on the other unconnected front by Scott Tadych and Bobby Dassey regarding the cremains of Theresa Halbach. One party wasn't aware of the other's involvements at any point during the days leading up to the official discovery of Halbach's RAV4 at the Avery Salvage Yard hence why the investigation and murder trial made zero sense to anyone especially the Jury.
I believe it is Scott Tadych's idea to secretly transport the cremains of Halbach from the gravel quarry and dispose them into Steven Avery's burn pit. Scott Tadych transports Halbach's cremains in secret by using one of Barb Jandas burn barrels from her yard. Scott Tadych fails to collect all of Halbach's cremains from the original burn site in the gravel quarry, thus leaving some behind that FBI investigators later find... but he also fails in making certain all of Halbach's cremains are out of Barb Jandas burn barrel after dumping them into Steven Avery's burn pit. This is why investigators found small bits of Halbach in Barb Jandas burn barrel. Thus making a total of three sites where Halbach's cremains are found.
Scott Tadych and Bobby Dassey are unaware that Ryan Hillegas and Mike Halbach have found Theresas car on the property and that Lenk and Colborn are now involved and in play with their scheme. .........By shear colossal luck, two completely independent frame jobs targeting one man, Steven Avery were shaping up into the perfect storm. On one front, from Lenk and Colborn regarding the RAV4, ....and on the other unconnected front by Scott Tadych and Bobby Dassey regarding the cremains of Theresa Halbach. One party wasn't aware of the other's involvements at any point during the days leading up to the official discovery of Halbach's RAV4 at the Avery Salvage Yard hence why the investigation and murder trial made zero sense to anyone especially the Jury.
None of the evidence could be connected because it was all unrelated... everybody was guessing. But Buting and Strang had zeroed in on a part of it but couldn't fully form a solid defense to prove it. The Jury couldn't conceive that Manitowoc officers could have conspired to kill Theresa Halbach to frame Steven Avery as Ken Kratz insisted they had to if they wanted to follow the theory the defense presented of the frame up of Steven Avery by Manitowoc officials. And Ken Kratz was right... Imagine Scott Tadych's confused and utter relief when Steve Avery's blood was found in the Halbach car and the RAV4 key found in Steve Avery's bedroom..... he must have been like.... WTF?! A quote from Scott Tadych after Steven Avery is convicted of Theresa Halbach's murder.... "THIS IS THE GREATEST THING TO EVER HAPPEN" ..... We will see Scott, we will see....................."
This is probably the most credible theory I have come across so far. Notice how the events here not only make logical sense, but they also line up with how many of the parties involved behaved during the documentary i.e how Mike Halbach and Ryan Hillegas seemed like they knew more about what happened than they were leading on. As well as Scott Tadych and Bobby Dassey's bizarre hostility towards Steven Avery.
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

Watched it when it was released, found it interesting, when watching it again with another person, spotted a number of things like the photo with the keys as well.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

I like that theory.
norbs

Post by norbs »

Well I got home last night and despite being fucked from driving, watched the first 4 eps.

Sweet jesus. Are the police fucking idiots? Or maybe it all flips later on. Not reading theories or anything yet.
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

norbs wrote:Well I got home last night and despite being fucked from driving, watched the first 4 eps.

Sweet jesus. Are the police fucking idiots? Or maybe it all flips later on. Not reading theories or anything yet.
Not telling :)
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

Vilante, hear about another witness.
[SPOILER]
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

wobblysauce wrote:Vilante, hear about another witness.
[SPOILER]
I didn't Wobs, thanks for that.
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

After watching the series and then doing some research, WTF... Seriously.

Even if Steven did it, I don't see how you could get a conviction from the evidence provided. And how can the detectives live with themselves after putting Brendon away. What a joke.
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

I keep thinking this example has turned into a high profile case. My mind boggles at the thought of similar cases that go unnoticed :/
norbs

Post by norbs »

And people wonder why I have issues with authority.

That fucking Krantz guy gave me the shits and i am glad he got done for harassment. Holier than thou cock.

I still wonder if it was presented in a way that was sympathetic to Avery, or did the juries see a whole bunch of evidence we didnt?
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

norbs wrote:I still wonder if it was presented in a way that was sympathetic to Avery, or did the juries see a whole bunch of evidence we didnt?
There has to be something in it doesn't there? Otherwise how could you say, with NO DOUBT, that he did it. No doubt?
norbs

Post by norbs »

Vilante wrote:
norbs wrote:I still wonder if it was presented in a way that was sympathetic to Avery, or did the juries see a whole bunch of evidence we didnt?
There has to be something in it doesn't there? Otherwise how could you say, with NO DOUBT, that he did it. No doubt?

Tampered blood vial.
The defense's expert dismissing the FBI blood test.
No blood on the mattress.
No keys til X amount of visits.

The list goes on.

The resilience and doggedness of Avery is something that gets me too. Surely if he had done it, he would give up fighting now?
kwijibo
Squatting Squirter

Post by kwijibo »

This show had me completely hooked!

I believe some blood testing experts actually said the hole is how they get the blood IN the vial - though I don't remember the the doco actually showing that. Someone on reddit had access to the same types of vial and said the way to check it would be to remove the rubber stopper and see if there were two holes on the bottom of it (because whilst it's easy to put a needle through the same hole on top, it was almost impossible to follow the path right through).

The thing that really gets me in the bullet in the garage, with Theresa's blood on it. That says she was shot in the garage - yet NO other dna evidence was found in the entire garage? The only explanation for that is that either the bullet was tampered with deliberately, or that fucking forensics lady screwed up another test.
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

I did like that blood tech woman on the stand "I only deal in science not speculation" or whatever she said. Made me laugh and I wished she was around for more of the trial.
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

http://www.jsonline.com/story/news/2016 ... /88632502/
Brendan Dassey, who was convicted along with his uncle, Steven Avery, in the murder of Teresa Halbach, had that conviction overturned Friday by a federal magistrate judge in Milwaukee.