Horace and Pete's

Chat about stuff you've seen
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Horace and Pete's

Post by norbs »

Anyone watched this, the new show by Loius CK.

It is hard to explain, it is like Cheers with depression. :) Alan Alda is a stand out for me.

it isn't for everyone, but I am enjoying it because it is different, and i am a fan of Louis CK's way of putting stuff like this out.

I know you pricks wont believe it, but I have paid for all the eps so far.

:)
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Re: Horace and Pete's

Post by Vilante »

I will definitely watch this, I love everything by Louis.

How good is this surprise show, no advertising or PR stuff, he's just put it out.
norbs

Post by norbs »

Vilante wrote:I will definitely watch this, I love everything by Louis.

How good is this surprise show, no advertising or PR stuff, he's just put it out.

Be aware, it is very different.
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

Watching it now. First episode started slow but holy shit.
norbs

Post by norbs »

w00dsy wrote:Watching it now. First episode started slow but holy shit.

LOL

It is bloody different.
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

this is like no other show i've ever seen. It's more like a theatre production because it's so raw. There are almost no edits, no sound effects or subtle background music, just different camera angles and actual pauses between lines. It really highlights the difference good acting makes. When there's random unknown actors coming into the bar and having a conversation you can clearly tell it's acting, but when the pro's do it you feel like you're watching life happen. That opening scene in episode 3 with the camera fixed on Laurie Metcalf uninterrupted for nearly 10mins is one of the most brilliant bits of tv and acting i've seen. I had no idea she was such a good actor. One thing is for sure this is not a normal Louie CK comedy, but it's brilliant but it's no comedy. Also i fucking hate Alan Alda's character, but he plays him so well.
norbs

Post by norbs »

w00dsy wrote:this is like no other show i've ever seen. It's more like a theatre production because it's so raw. There are almost no edits, no sound effects or subtle background music, just different camera angles and actual pauses between lines. It really highlights the difference good acting makes. When there's random unknown actors coming into the bar and having a conversation you can clearly tell it's acting, but when the pro's do it you feel like you're watching life happen. That opening scene in episode 3 with the camera fixed on Laurie Metcalf uninterrupted for nearly 10mins is one of the most brilliant bits of tv and acting i've seen. I had no idea she was such a good actor. One thing is for sure this is not a normal Louie CK comedy, but it's brilliant but it's no comedy. Also i fucking hate Alan Alda's character, but he plays him so well.

I am so glad someone said that. I have never seen the likes of it before. I was dumbfounded. I have watched it again and thought the same thing.

Alan Alda, man, that character.
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

Jesus fuck that last episode was tough to watch. Surprised to see the kid from Two and a Half Men at the end.