Re: Top Gear season 23

Post by DexterPunk »

Swap the Chris' for a start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

The lanky ginger is trying too hard and needs to tone it down.

I reckon LeBlanc is great.

The films are not bad. Pretty much the same as what we are used to seeing.

I dont think it is as bad as what a lot of people are saying.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Sums up my thoughts pretty well norbs

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Hello :aussie:
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Episode 4
Top Gear, Series 23 Episode 4 of 6

This series of the world's biggest motoring show continues as Chris Evans, Matt LeBlanc and Sabine Schmitz buy cheap second-hand cars and head for Venice. The aim? To prove road travel can be more luxurious than taking the train.

Elsewhere, Rory Reid heads to New York to sample the all-electric Tesla Model X, while Chris Harris dons his race helmet to drive the most powerful Aston Martin of all time - the fearsome Vulcan. Bear Grylls and Brian Cox are the Stars in a Rallycross Car.
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

I agree norbs. I got around to watching it and it's not as bad for me as people have been saying. Chris Evans really is the weak link. Matt Leblanc is really good and the rest of the presenters are fine too. They just need time to see if they can get some chemistry going.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

The new season of Top Gear has been heavily panned by critics and viewers alike but that hasn't stopped TopGear.com from announcing plans to launch a series starring Top Gear co-host Chris Harris.

Dubbed "Chris Harris Drives," the series will be somewhat reminiscent of the popular Chris Harris on Cars YouTube channel. The series will feature Harris driving the "the world’s most exciting new cars" in engaging films designed to appeal to hardcore driving enthusiasts.

According to Harris, “Obviously I’m thrilled to be making beautiful films like the F12tdf piece for the Top Gear television show but the longer-form, more detailed web films I’ve made with Neil Carey over the years remain my natural format, and broadcasting them through TG’s huge online audience is a dream come true." The presenter went on to say “If you want to know even more technical details about cars, hear more in-depth analysis, I hope we’ll be the perfect destination."

There's no word on when the new series will begin airing its first episode but TopGear.com promises details will be announced in due course.

Source: TopGear
My Flickr Stream
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Episode 5
Top Gear, Series 23 Episode 5 of 6

This week, Chris Harris is with the new BMW M2, Rory Reid retraces a historic journey against the clock, delivering the Jaguar F-type SVR to the Geneva Motor Show, and Chris Evans and Matt Le Blanc head to Dingle to see whether the new Rolls Royce Dawn can out-class its ancestor, a 1976 Corniche.

The Stars going head to head in the Rallycross Car are Absolutely Fabulous star Jennifer Saunders and Great British Bake Off's Paul Hollywood.
My Flickr Stream
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Episode 6
Top Gear, Series 23 Episode 6 of 6

In this episode, Matt LeBlanc gets his hands on the new Porsche 911 R whilst Chris Harris puts Honda's reimagined NSX through its paces. Chris Evans discovers old-fashioned charm in the somehow new MGB Roadster, as Rory Reid heads to Scotland with the first ever right-hand-drive Ford Mustang. Grey's Anatomy star Patrick Dempsey and Man Down funny man Greg Davies are tonight's Stars in a Rallycross Car, plus a treat for the whole team, including Sabine Schmitz and Eddie Jordan.
My Flickr Stream
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Has everyone stopped watching :)

I tend to get it on demand instead of watching it live, so I can fastforward though the guest chat bit and any bits I'm not bothered in. I still think the extra show is better than the main one though. I'd seriously just have Harris and Rory. They seem to be the only decent thing on it.

On another note, Top Gear USA has been canned.
My Flickr Stream
Jamo

Post by Jamo »

Still watching and enjoying it. LeBlanc is great, Sabine is awesome, Harris & Reid are both bloody good.

Shitcan Evans & Jordan and it's all good as far as I'm concerned.
I drink a great deal, I sleep a little and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two hundred percent form - Sir Winston Churchill
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

I watched most of it.

Le Blanc's Rolls Royce piece was spot on. Informative, funny, and you got a real sense of what the car was like.

Contrast that with the Zenos and it's clear how shallow Evans' reviews are. He reads some numbers from the press-release, says, "whooaaa" a bit, and... that's about it. All I know about the Zenos is that it was built by ex-Caterham and Lotus people, and has flimsy, detachable panels. I don't really know how it handles, what it feels like, and have no insight into the cars inception or the people that made it.

Whereas I could make a big list of what I learned about the Rolls.

Chris Harris doesn't come across as a man with much of a sense of humour (on screen at least), so doing a comedy skit was a bit misjudged, but the Jag bit was OK if a little contrived.

I switched to the football during the celebrity bit, and the second Rolls Royce piece was drivel.

The show needs a professional presenter (that's the bit Le Blanc is not so good at), but after a few episodes it's clear that Evans isn't the right man for the job. Rory could probably hold the show together but doesn't really have the experience yet, so it'd be a gamble.
norbs

Post by norbs »

I am enjoying it just as much as the last season.

Why does Evans wear the same clothes every episode? is it a thing he does?

The cinematography on this show is still 5 star.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Apart from Sabine being a bit awkward and Chris Evans being rubbish, I'm also enjoying it about as much as I used to. I've been fast forwarding the interviews for years anyway.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

Did you guys know Chris Evans at all before TG, or is he a new face in Australia?
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

Never heard of him before - was he on an older episode of TG - with a white Ferrari?
XLV SPORT
Jamo

Post by Jamo »

I knew he was massive in radio and somehow, inexplicably managed to con Billie Piper into Marrying him.
I drink a great deal, I sleep a little and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two hundred percent form - Sir Winston Churchill
norbs

Post by norbs »

durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

Assuming it was his decision then he deserves respect for that. It's the best outcome for the show.

I think Reid, Harris and Le Blanc have proved they have a good chance of carrying the show on their own, with Reid as the lead presenter. Schmitz and Jordan don't don't really add much.

That said, the BBC will almost certainly not accept an all male line-up.
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

I have really enjoyed the series thus far after shit canning the first ep...LOL

I think Joey has been great....even Eddie. Evans stepping down should help!

Looking forward to next series to see if they can build on this one!
Jamo

Post by Jamo »

Why Sabine should be there, fuck me that lass can pedal a 911.
norbs

Post by norbs »

Fucking hell. That was like watching Darren on a Friday night.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

She's only been racing and managing teams for 20 odd years. I think she might have the hang of it by now :rofl:
Minister for Religious Genocide.
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

norbs wrote:
Bedwetters! [sorry, just been wanting to use that term after the election...]
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Enjoyed the last couple of episodes, I agree that Evans going is a good thing, still has me fucked what Eddie brings to the table, Sabine is a legend but damn she's awkward on camera, but I reckon LeBlanc, Reid and Harris could carry the show on their own pretty well, so after a rocky start it's a thumbs up from me!