Kajaki - Kilo Two Bravo

Chat about stuff you've seen
Montey

Kajaki - Kilo Two Bravo

Post by Montey »

I just watched this film, and holy fuck its brutal!!!!

I had never heard of this film, by the same producer as The King's Speech, until I saw it mentioned in /r/military and was encouraged to watch it due to the descriptions of how true to real life it was..... and holy fuck did I not have any clue as to what I was getting myself in for.

This is not a "beer and popcorn" film. This is a "have a whiskey first, brace yourself, watch the movie, have another whiskey, and exhale!" film.

The film is based on the the true story of a company from the British Army 3rd Battallion, Parachute Regiment assigned overwatch of the Kajaki Dam (Helmand Province) in Afghanistan. A small 3 man patrol leaves their sangar (a temporary fortified position) and finds themselves in the middle of an old Soviet minefield.

I highly recommend and urge you to watch this film. But, before settling in to watch it make sure you have prepared yourself for a completely un-sanitised film about the impact of a wartime event on foot soldiers as they experience them; in many ways this film makes Saving Private Ryan look like Private Benjamin.
- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Re: Kajaki - Kilo Two Bravo

Post by Johnny X »

It certainly is brutal... tense as well. Definitely something strong needed before you sit down to watch this.