Top Gear season 24

Chat about stuff you've seen
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Top Gear season 24

Post by norbs »

Dropped yesterday. Thoughts?
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Re: Top Gear season 24

Post by durbster »

I'm wary of judging on one episode but I thought it was great.

There are a few issues (Harris needs to work out his 'character' a bit), but I think they now have the ingredients to save the show. I like that they've changed the jarring SIARPC, the three presenters are a nice mix and the production is still right up there.

I enjoyed it more than first episode of the The Grand Tour, frankly. It was more fun, and less terrible acting.

Be interested to hear what you guys thought of it.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Don't think I even finished the first episode last season. This one was pretty good. They just need time to build up a rapport and relax a bit.

First 1/2 of Grand Tour was a bit ordinary as they were trying too hard. The 2nd half was a lot better.
Muppet

Post by Muppet »

On last years abortion of a season, the first episode was greatly improved.

It's just going to take time for the "charisma" and "camaraderie" between Rory, Harris and Matt to take shape. Certainly an improvement and those that skipped last season should come back and take a look.

Star in a reasonably fast car should be good, because it's slightly more car than they can handle, so you'll see them making mistakes, just hopefully not enough to kill one of them.

Still hate that the news segment is in extra gear, wish they'd bring that back to normal top gear, extra gear is a terrible idea.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Well that series was fucking great. Le Blanc may well rescue the show yet.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

Agreed. I enjoyed it a lot.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Hmmmm Will have to give this a look. I was always of the opinion that it would be fantastic if this show took off. More car shows the merrier.
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

I've only seen about half of them so far. I tend to download or record so that I can skip the rubbish bits (i.e. the entire celebrity section). They're gelling better as a presenting team but the scripted studio bits are still a little awkward. I just wish they would think up something new rather than having the same stuff as the old series but with different people.

TG Extra should be canned. The guy who presents that is awful.
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

I'm three episodes in, and it's already more fun to watch than top gear has been for years. It's better than the grand tour in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

I agree Dex. I enjoyed it more than Grand Tour too. They may not have the chemistry but at least it's about cars and it's still got excellent production values. I prefer the new celebrity format too.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

I was kind of over grand tour that felt like they tried way too hard i only got through 3 episodes

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Hello :aussie:
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Top Gear season 24

Post by DexterPunk »

The grand tour does get a little better, but something just feels forced and stale. It was a good chance to reinvent themselves and they haven't done it.

I agree EK. More decent car reviews and yeah, it's good to have the celeb kick back and hang around for a bit. They just need some time to get a little more comfy with each other and when things head off the script etc. I think Harris is great for the show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

well i have watched the first 2 episodes of Season 24. Really enjoyed them the new lineup with the 3 lads works great and they seem to have gelled really well. Definitely good to see them back to the original track aswell i hated that half offroad shit. Will definitely finish this series and watch the next one when it gets released!
Hello :aussie: