Your guitar gear

Chat about stuff you listen to or play
Dr. Pain

Your guitar gear

Post by Dr. Pain »

Seeing that we started to hijack the xmas thread in the off topic section, I'd thought I'd start this thread here about the gear you have.

So what I have is:

ESP AX-250 http://bavasmusic.com.au/store/esp-ltd- ... -3170.html

Washburn MG70 (this pic isnt of mine but its almost identical) http://www.wikizic.org/Washburn-MG70/gallery-2.htm

Marshall MG30 DFX http://www.marshallamps.com/product.asp ... de=MG30DFX

Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss GE-7 Equalizer

I'm going to get a Boss 10 band EQ shortly. I almost got a 50 watt amp but thought 30 is big enough to practice on. Only regret is I like a BIG FAT bottom end and a 50 watt would have handled it better but not to worry. I didnt take pics of my own gear as my camera is complete and utter shit. I havent played for about 8 years so getting back into it is fun although I should practice more.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Re: Your guitar gear

Post by w00dsy »

from left to right

Reflex mini guitar with speaker, Peavey acoustic, Ashton bass, Behringer V-Amp2, Laney 25w amp(my son's), Fender 65w amp(mine), Vester Maniac(son's), Ibanez SA220FM(mine).

Mr.Ferret

Post by Mr.Ferret »

Will edit post with pics later.

Epiphone G-400.
Orange 30W Amp.
Zoom GU2 Effects box.
iRacing Name - Joshua Brown2
matticooper

Post by matticooper »

Same as Ferret, I'll drag it all out this arvo (love being on Hols) and get a photo of everything:

Guitars:
Washburn MG70 Electric (Sunburst)
Onyx Accoustic Electric
Grandfather's Incredibly Old Acoustic

Old (1972 - 1974) Peavy 130 Tube Amp

Bass:
Ibanez SR405 5 String Bass
Ibanez Roadster Series (late 70's I think) 4 String Bass
Monterey Acoustic Electric Bass

Peavy TNT 150 Bass Amp

And slightly off-topic:
Grandfather's Mandolin
Son's Ukelele

The 2 amps I have, the Peavy Tube is at Mum and Dad's - Dad sometimes hammers the fretboard (on an old Canora that is still kicking around - 1st guitar) and likes to have a bit of sound. The TNT 150 is looking for a new home (unofficially) as I'm finding it hard to keep up with the young whipper snapper Guitar amps currently on the market.

Edit: The photo...

Last edited by matticooper on Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
richo

Post by richo »

Same as Matticooper

Fender American Standard Telecaster in clear/natural finish.
Washburn Oscar Schmidt OE30, looks like a Gibson es330

Marshall 30 watt amp of some variety
[]D [] []v[] []D
SamC
Photographer, not artist.

Post by SamC »

One of these.....

One of these.....

One of these.....

Annnnd, one of these.....

Taylor
Maton
Epiphone
Epiphone
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

richo wrote: Fender American Standard Telecaster in clear/natural finish.
pics or it didn't happen :nod:

matti that beat up old acoustic looks awesome, i love that old stuff. Speaking of relic guitars, Fender are doing a new line of MIM Strats with the relic looks, i love em.

richo

Post by richo »

w00dsy wrote:
richo wrote: Fender American Standard Telecaster in clear/natural finish.
pics or it didn't happen :nod:

matti that beat up old acoustic looks awesome, i love that old stuff. Speaking of relic guitars, Fender are doing a new line of MIM Strats with the relic looks, i love em.

Ok w00dsy here be the proof!

[]D [] []v[] []D
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

:yes:
petey

Post by petey »

I was out in the shed recording and remembered this thread, so I whipped out my phone and took some snaps. Horrible quality but you get the idea ha. I will put a (D) on any equipment that is my fathers which I don't own but have in my posession...

First up is the guitar rack that was loaded.
From front to back - Fender Jazz Bass (rare and old)(D), Ibanez SZ, Fender Squire Strat, Custom Made Fender Strat(huge list of mods etc.)(D)
In the background you can see an ashton bass amp which is Dads.

My Lag Arkane which I was using

My Boss multi effects pedal
Other pedals I own which I didn't take photos of because they were away are;
Dunlop Classic Wah, Marshall Echohead, Boss DS-1 (x2), Boss Compressor Sustain and Boss GE-1.

My Recording setup which holds many programs including Guitar Rig.

Guitar amps
Very Old ashton practice amp, 10 watts. It is a piece of crap ha, but the sound it makes can be interesting... interesting enough to keep.

Marshall Valvestate VS15, the loudest 15 watt amp you'll ever hear, it almost outdoes the next amp..

Peavey Bandit 112 or something, biggest piece of shit i've bought. paid $600, it's already been in for repairs once, its very noisy (unwanted noise), its the weakest 100watt ever. It never creates the sound you want.... meh I just hate it. Unfortunately it's the only decent power amp I have.

Thats about it for guitar gear. :yes:
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Nice line up dude!

I barely play anymore but have:

- Epiphone Acoustic (picked it up in the states for cheap, lovely colour and crazy good action for the price)
- Peavey acoustic
- Yamaha Pacifica electric
- Yamaha 4 string fretless bass
- Fender 50th Anniversary 5 string Jazz bass (pride and joy)
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
petey

Post by petey »

Yamaha Pacifica's can actually be very nice guitars for their price.

And the fender jazz I posted above is a 5 string, dad loves the thing to death, has only one scratch on it from when he lent it to a friend. He'd break necks if he ever saw someone scratch it haha. Most definitely his pride and joy. Personally I can't get the sound I want out of it, but I'm not a bass player, nor am I into jazz so that may have something to do with it...

Oh I just realised I forgot the acoustics on the wall :p nothing spectacular anyway, a no-name 12 string and a yamaha acoustic.
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
El Kabong
Yank with no wank
Yank with no wank

Post by El Kabong »

Here's my two lefty oddballs along with the kid's sunburst Epi. Note that mine have been reliced the old fashioned way -- with my grubby paws over the course of 20+ years of playing them (30+ years on the Strat).

Here's the case that the black Lester came in. At the time I was pissed off at getting a chintzy plastic case instead of a nice hardshell case. The case is called a Protector Case and is highly coveted today as they aren't making them anymore and they are the case of choice for vintage Les Paul owners because they're practically indestructible and do an excellent job of coddling guitars that now can fetch 6 figures. Supposedly you'll pay $1000 for one today, if you can find one. Go figure.

Here's the Strat case. As far as I know it isn't worth it's weight in gold yet.

EDIT: Ugh... I sucks at teh picturings. Sorry for the blurriness.
Last edited by El Kabong on Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

That case does indeed look pretty snug dude.

Here's most of my guitars. :tilt:

"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
J.D.
Rat

Post by J.D. »

Unfortunately I've never really got around to taking some nice pics of my instruments. I bashed this off quickly today but one day I'll do something nicer with them. I like the shot though: it shows the real colours of these instruments.

Err... I seem to be a little bit out-of-step with most of you guys! LOL!

From left:

Yamaha FG-750 SA
Yamaha FG-512
Taylor Model 310
Musikalia Mandolin.

Both of the Yamahas are around 30 years old and sound pretty decent for what they are. The six string was the first guitar I ever owned. I'd be pretty unlikely to ever upgrade the 12 string. The Taylor is a beautiful guitar and I play it the most by far. The mandolin... well, that's an interesting story. Unfortunately I don't play it much these days and can barely remember any chords but it's hand made in Italy although It's hardly the pinnacle of quality. Being a round back, it sounds considerably gutsier than a bluegrass mandolin and is a lot louder. It's also smaller and a lot harder to play but it sounds amazing.

All three guitars have beautiful actions. The Taylor was like that out of the box, the others have had work done. The mandolin, despite what has been done with it, is a bear.
сначала мы убиваем американского лося и белку.

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell.

Proudly never a mod or admin at RSC from 2001 - 2009.
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

nice guitars, you keep your picks in a weird spot. Mine are always up the top of the neck.
J.D.
Rat

Post by J.D. »

Thanks Woodsy.

Yeah, I used to do that too. I think I started doing it the other way when I got the 12 string or the mandolin. The double stringing made it all but impossible to do it without distorting the pick.

Didn't you sell one of yours recently?
сначала мы убиваем американского лося и белку.

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell.

Proudly never a mod or admin at RSC from 2001 - 2009.
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

i had Belman that i sold. It was nice but not for me. It's not in those pics, it was Melbourne made and similar to a Les Paul but with a slightly different shape. It was like this but blue. http://tottinge.blogsome.com/images/Bel ... sGrand.jpg
It was back heavy and fell off my knee when i played, plus the front horn was too small so it didn't straddle your leg properly. It was great quality and sounded really nice but was too awkward to play.
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

got a Les Paul Studio yesterday, it started out with black hardware so i got some bits today and changed it to cream, much more vintage now. :yes:

before

after
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

yeah that cream looks great woodsy.. congrats on the purchase.. beautiful guitar. :tilt:
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

i creamed :nod:
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Schweet! How does it play/sound?
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

it sounds awesome, but i'm still getting used to the big neck, it's a 50's profile which is quite large. In the 50's they were big because dudes were used to playing acoustics, then in the 60's they thinned them out for guys that just played electrics. The bigger necks have a bit more tone and it's quite comfy, but it's different to my Ibanez neck.
matticooper

Post by matticooper »

nice purchase there w00dsy... and nice change on the scratch plate. Looks much betterer...
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

hmm... stumbled on this thread as I've been interested in (re)learning guitar recently.

did it in high school, teachers said I was good but I was bored with it, wanting to race cars. with all the guitar hero mumbo jumbo, it's got me a little interested and seein this is just pushing it a bit.

So I ask, for someone with half an idea of how a guitar works, what might be the best way to learn. At home with online references and a fair bit of time, or going to lessons with a group somewhere?