GnR reunion

Chat about stuff you listen to or play
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

GnR reunion

Post by w00dsy »

they did a small club gig at the Troubador, which i think was the first place they ever played. Axl still sounds awful, and it's not the full band. I have such mixed feelings about this, it's good to see old wounds heal but it won't be like the old days.

Santaria

Re: GnR reunion

Post by Santaria »

Never saw the appeal of the Gunners. Thought they were average even at their best. Add to that Axl's very well known diva behaviour (showing up extremely late for gigs) and it made it worse for me.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999720352]Image[/url]
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Appetite for destruction was great when it came out and still is great. But they have never topped it. Izzy Stradlin made that band with his playing.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

Not as bad as I thought he'd be...

Still better than Vince Neil these days!

Longer clip

Steve
---
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

Santaria wrote:Never saw the appeal of the Gunners. Thought they were average even at their best. Add to that Axl's very well known diva behaviour (showing up extremely late for gigs) and it made it worse for me.

Axl is a pratt, i'm not sure if he's changed but he was always going to be the one that destroyed the band. I liked them because most rock bands back in the late 80's dressed like women and were too pop and i never felt any sort of connection to that clean cut commercial glam metal, and GnR were the next step up from that but not quite as heavy as metal bands like Metallica/Megadeth. There wasn't much in between so i liked their almost punk fuck you attitude combined with loud dirty guitars. But i lost interest by the time the Use Your Illusion albums came out because they started adding shit like keyboards and did ballads. They also became rich and had less to be angry about and it showed in the music, it was too polished and lacked the grit that Appetite had. Velvet Revolver lacked that vibe despite having a few of the guys from GnR but thankfully Slash's last 2 albums ended up getting back to that original bare bones rock sound, so i'm a bit pissed off that the GnR thing is happening because i'm worried it'll get in the way of his solo stuff.

Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

It's still not this though and it remains they best thing they have done.

Minister for Religious Genocide.
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

I loved GnR when I was a kid and I still have a soft spot for them even though I haven't really listened to them for years and years. I still remember being about 13 and having my mind blown a little hearing You Could Be Mine for the first time.

I actually went to see them play in Melbourne at Calder Park, flew from Alice Springs alone and went with some friends of my uncle who were in a different area so I was on my own all day as a little 14 year old. Typical Melbourne, scorching hot most of the day followed by rain which made it freezing cold and turned the dirt banking into mud clay that stuck to the bottom of my shoes and then nearly being trampled in the crowd of people leaving the grounds. I don't actually remember any of GnR now but I do remember Sebastian Bach of Skid Row going c**t up on the wet stage after the rain :lol:
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

live stream from their first proper gig, quality is a bit average

http://m.ustream.tv/channel/rickdunsfor ... 0408162828
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

In the vid Sez posted is Meat Loaf on vocals or is AR a fat shit now?
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)