Re: Your creations

Post by Hz-Lab »

And another one, this one is a little dirtier

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Crowella

Post by Crowella »

Bump. :vibes:

So my mates and I thought we should record something today in five minutes. This is what we did. Recorded live with a Node NT1A microphone plonked kind of in between all of us. Guess it worked okay.

I was on bass, just went for that clicky punchy sound. Probably will be much better if we all practiced the song more but meh, we usually do acousticish stuff. There was another song we did also but none of us were happy with how we played, considering we last played it a month ago and only played it properly twice...
Cutter
Legend in his own lunchtime
Legend in his own lunchtime

Post by Cutter »

Seriously good :yes:
Cutter ~ Carl Rickard

Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

Cutter wrote:Seriously good :yes:
I'm with Cutter..nice work!
Crowella

Post by Crowella »

Thanks Guys :) Hopefully we get our act together a bit more and release some songs properly. We recorded another song today but it was full of mistakes by all of us so we just recorded it for reference.
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

I really like that mate, well done!
petey

Post by petey »

Have got the drums and bass pretty tight there does sound quite good :yes:
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
Crowella

Post by Crowella »

Another demo song from today, vastly different. Still needs to be mixed and prettied up level wise but was just a basic idea to try some things. First time working in Reason and I was a bit off time with the keys due to the latency between Reason and Samplitude. It was like having someone play vastly off beat, several times a bar. Fucking frustrating.

I'm on bowed bass which we recorded using a MIDI keyboard (cause I don't own an upright bass, yet). I also did the strings at the end which will be played on a keyboard by the vocalist live. Also the same guitarist as before and the drummer from the previous song is the vocalist.
petey

Post by petey »

Talented singer :yes: (small tip would be wacking a compressor on it though- you may know this)

EDIT: Also IMHO that chord picking needs a moving bass line, repetition is fine however it would feel alot more colourful and alive with the bass note moving around a bit.

EDIT2: Ok it does at the start LOL, was referring to the end.
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
Crowella

Post by Crowella »

Thanks :) Yeah we added compression. This was just raw recording.

What bass note moving do you mean?
petey

Post by petey »

In the chord picking, the intro and outro. The intro eventually moves onto a moving bass note in the chord picking. Umm like first finger movement from the guitarist?
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

listening to it again i wasn't in agreement, but as the song went on i started imagining it with some more bass notes in there and i could hear what you mean. I'm not sure a Jaco Pastorius walking bass line would fit too well, but maybe a little something in there to add some depth behind the scenes might fill it out a bit.
Crowella

Post by Crowella »

Fair enough.

Its a challenge cause there is only three of us and I end up playing an bowed upright bass rather than just the normal electric bass. I admit it feels a bit empty so I might do something in the future with it. Probably just add a more flowing

Its going to be fun gigging all this stuff and making it fit together. Meanwhile, just recorded two songs with another band today...
petey

Post by petey »

Something I've been working on over the last week or so. All the old guitars on it, just found it in the archive and starting producing it. Needs vocals -

Find it Here (soundcloud)

Works alright as a background type tune without the vocals but most definitely needs a front section.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

I like the tune Petey, Sounds a little bit high endy though, that lead guitar bit is very piercing. But like I said, the tune itself is quite to my liking, it sounds very brit rock.

I'm hoping to get my order off for my KRK Rokits this week so I can properly hear the tracks I have been working on. Once I have them I will start putting up a few odds and ends for feedback. I have put together about 15 or so instrumentals so far, about 3 have lyrics written, the rest are just sorta..ummm... awaiting some growth. Once I get the monitors then I have everything to put the studio back together anyway, hoping that will bring the motivation, and if it doesn't, there is always hard liquor.
petey

Post by petey »

liquor helps.

Yeah that final mixdown was through gaming headphones, probably quite harsh. Still very WIP anyway...
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

If anyone would like to check it out, I just uploaded a little mix I did about 6 years ago, and by little, i mean a bit over 1.5 hours. It's mainly poppy shit mixed with some other crap. it was a recording from a 21st party I did. It's got some good, its got some shit. feel free to listen. Don't let Justin Timberlake put you off at the start.

petey

Post by petey »

For anyone interested, put up 2 songs I did quite some time back - no intention of working on them anymore so thought they deserved to get into the webesphere.
Long Ride (don't ask why, I don't know)
We're all crazy < this was supposed to be an anti war song, kinda ended up feeling too happy really. Do hope it doesn't come across that way.
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

i came up with this little thing earlier today. I'll work on it and give it some more sections. It's essentially just 2 bits repeated at the moment. I recorded it mainly because i almost forgot how it went when i tried to play it again later.

[youtube] [/youtube]
petey

Post by petey »

Dear god for a split second there I thought you were going to play creed.

But alas that is a nice sounding riff. Distorted with harmonys and a slap bass behind it is where I would be leading to.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

No chance of Creed getting played in my house, Alter Bridge though gets a hammering from my son.
matticooper

Post by matticooper »

w00dsy wrote:Alter Bridge though gets a hammering from my son.
Which is essentially Creed without the Christian lyrics/references.
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

yep, it's Stapp i can't stand. Tremontis new album is killer though, if he'd just sung from the beginning Creed might be a successful rock band.
DUcK

Post by DUcK »

I like that woodsy...

Uhh hello again. I've not been here for a while.. But I have still been fingering away.......

So this isn't properly a creation - but I covered the comfortably numb 2nd solo. I'm 90% happy with it, the quality is mediocre because I filmed it with my iPad.

Not really like the original, but not bad for a 2nd take!

[youtube] [/youtube]