Your creations

Chat about stuff you listen to or play
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Re: Your creations

Post by Hz-Lab »

i've had a break from music creation for a few months, it's been good. I had a play on the weekend using some Van Halen Samples that Woodsy had a listen to, whilst in the midst of that i came across your riffs again, and definitely got inspired again, expect something in the coming weeks.
El Kabong
Yank with no wank
Yank with no wank

Post by El Kabong »

Cool.
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

Hz-Lab wrote:i've had a break from music creation for a few months, it's been good. I had a play on the weekend using some Van Halen Samples that Woodsy had a listen to, whilst in the midst of that i came across your riffs again, and definitely got inspired again, expect something in the coming weeks.
and it was one of your better ones for sure.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

i might have a crack at finishing that off tonight and posting it up

then i'll get on to EK's stuff
Jumi2

Post by Jumi2 »

:) Finally did pu up some stuff on acidplanet. Hope you enjoy it. Feel free to comment. :p
linky
Ciao, Jumi2.
ImageFor the love of God, shake me! Shake me like a British nanny!
El Kabong
Yank with no wank
Yank with no wank

Post by El Kabong »

Jumi2 wrote::) Finally did pu up some stuff on acidplanet. Hope you enjoy it. Feel free to comment. :p
linky
Only had time to listen to the first three. I really really like the work in progress song. And who's doing the vocals on Crazy8? She sounds hot!

I'll listen too the rest when I get a bit more time. Great stuff so far. :yes:
Jumi2

Post by Jumi2 »

Thanks much appreciated. Sadly crazy 8 is just a sample i got somewhere but i have a nice blond who could add more :P
Ciao, Jumi2.
ImageFor the love of God, shake me! Shake me like a British nanny!
SamC
Photographer, not artist.

Post by SamC »

Hey whats the best program to use to record guitar playing? I have a USB Audio interface thingo majiggy, but wondered which program would be the best for recording some guitar through, so I could add effects like reverb and echo etc..
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

Audacity is a good free simple program.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

otherwise, Sound Forge or Adobe audition, for additional effects you can rewire SF into Reason and add all your Reason effects modules as well, I reckon you have Reason don't you sam?
SamC

Post by SamC »

Yeah I have reason, will see what I can do, would be sweet to have it through Reason!

Cheers for that
ZvooK

Post by ZvooK »

hey sam,

if you try connecting straight to the back of most sound cards you end up sounding like crap cause any hint of effect just distorts the sound badly.

how are you plugging it in? you using an effects box first before it connects to the pc? cause effects like distortion etc really put some serious signal through the system. :D

i use an external box that's part of my audigy 2 card that gives me more impedence (i think you call it) allowing more signal to go through. i have my zoom effect deck plugged in between me and that external box for my orginal effects and amp modelling.

http://www.myspace.com/framecollision

my page has demos that have been recorded directly injected into the external box so if you like the sounds im getting maybe this could be the way to go.

i use a program like cubase le or sawstudio to record me sounds

if you ever get serious about recording using a computer active pickups seem to give the best sound

Danny
SamC

Post by SamC »

hey woops totally missed that post ZvooK, sorry dude.

Yeah i have it plugged into an "Edirol UA-25 Audio Capture" but I just can't seem to get anything working properly. I have a proper mic and my guitar plugged in and I can hear them all fine etc. Just no apps seem to be doing the job. More fiddling needed I guess.

Does anyone know if it is at all possible to record voice into Reason? I want to make some more songs but I wanna sing....well attempt it anyway lol, and Reason is by far the best program I know how to use the most.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

yeah you definitely can record voice into reason, you can also put some pitch correction filters on it too if you feel the need. but yeah i have been out of the loop for so long I have forgotten how to do it. You could always record vocals in an external program then load it into the DN-19 sampler or something. providing you dont edit the key it should be in sync as long as your vocal track starts right on the start of your sound wave. Then you can just adjust where it's triggered. Just play around man, best way to learn, oh, and tutorials.
El Kabong
Yank with no wank
Yank with no wank

Post by El Kabong »

My latest. Let me know if you have trouble getting it.

320Lincalis at Acid Planet

And another. This one is by my son (15 years old) with his instructor. The instructor added the drum and acoustic tracks, I added the bass track but all electric guitar parts are the kid and his Epi Les Paul. I'm a proud papa. just hope he stays with it.

Sloc at Acid Planet
SamC

Post by SamC »

UPDATED- cleaned up the start a bit... :)

http://www.acidplanet.com/components/em ... 073&T=9593

cheers en-j by the way!
Last edited by SamC on Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Top stuff dude :yes:
SamC

Post by SamC »

updated it *
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

got bored this arvo. had a spare 2 hours, cranked this bastard out http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=1289762&t=4265

1st track i have uploaded in almost 2 years.

meanwhile, just had a listen to Sams track, good sound you got going there. feels really warm and plenty of depth once it gets going.
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

a lot of nice sounds going here
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Cutter
Legend in his own lunchtime
Legend in his own lunchtime

Post by Cutter »

After 20 years I'm putting my toe back in the water.
Last time as a teenager it was with a Tascam 4 track cassette system, Roland sh101 mono synth, Roland m8 drum machine and a Rockman headphone amp.

Last week I bought a Mbox 2 with Pro tools 8, Guitar rig, a second hand steinberger copy guitar.
Just reading a few of the manuals I've got a bloody looooooooooooooooong way to go.
Cutter ~ Carl Rickard

w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

Hz-Lab wrote:got bored this arvo. had a spare 2 hours, cranked this bastard out http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=1289762&t=4265

1st track i have uploaded in almost 2 years.

meanwhile, just had a listen to Sams track, good sound you got going there. feels really warm and plenty of depth once it gets going.
your the new Cassie Davis.
El Kabong
Yank with no wank
Yank with no wank

Post by El Kabong »

My latest. Let me know if you can't listen to it. It's been a while since I uploaded one of these things.

I think that I don't write songs as much as I write backing tracks lol.

I've been learning a bit more about FL Studio, my DAW of choice, and trying to apply what I've learned. Feedback appreciated.

Song is called "35 Track"
SamC

Post by SamC »

El Kabong wrote:My latest. Let me know if you can't listen to it. It's been a while since I uploaded one of these things.

I think that I don't write songs as much as I write backing tracks lol.

I've been learning a bit more about FL Studio, my DAW of choice, and trying to apply what I've learned. Feedback appreciated.

Song is called "35 Track"
I actually quite like that :) good beat, bass and I love the voices, that loudspeaker type effect is awesome. :yes:
petey

Post by petey »

http://moralion.com/music/

wild west end, couldn't stand the weather are just songs I've recorded I didn't perform in either.

I'll keep uploading songs as I find them, just bought some webhosting and thought I should post up some of my recordings. haven't recorded anything in a year or so now some of this stuff is real old.

If I get adventurous I'll upload some of my songs with vocals too ;) Most are quite shameful however.

Note- drumming on "Fuzz 2" was done by me, I'm not a drummer never have been and quite obviously never will be. Only time I've ever given it a real shot was for that song haha...so for the odd timing painful bits just ignore them ;)

EDIT: just chucked up two with vocals, heavily auto tuned, was having good fun with autotune haha.
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.