Your creations

Chat about stuff you listen to or play
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Re: Your creations

Post by Hz-Lab »

what's the Moralion thing? is that an external site or your artist/band name? If so, I reckon there is arleady a Moralian out there.. or something very close.

*edit, they are called Marillion, and it Turns out I have even remixed them.. lol http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=304544&t=5338" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
petey

Post by petey »

Nah its just a name I came up with, online alias for games etc.

Stems from Morale - Ion .... site is completely irrelevant to anything however and I'm not in a band. It's just a name. ha
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
petey

Post by petey »

Ok so the old songs are worth nothing I can understand haha.

http://moralion.com/music/index.html

Changed to something new. Just had a play for the first time in a while, found ezdrummer is pretty awesome.

plus i7 processor means I can pretty much run limitless guitar rig 4's in high res.

Uploaded is a mix of 3 tunes I've pumped out in the last few days. Comments welcome!

edit: Have noticed that I pushed the mastering output a little bit and so it has mild clipping at times. Was just a quick master so tis to be expected.
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
SamC
Photographer, not artist.

Post by SamC »

Nice work petey, I like em :) Start of the first one is sweet and the 3:25ish bit, keep it up.

I had a go at doing the Gladiator(the movie) theme, made it in Reason but its in wav format and I'm fucked if I know how to upload it anywhere convenient like acidplanet etc. they only take wmv etc. which I tried converting it but don't think it worked properly, acidplanet isn't accepting it because they try and add metadata or something and its not working. So I guess its for my ears only!
petey

Post by petey »

Why not just whack it in itunes and click create mp3 version?

Quick and easy.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

Acid Planet will allow you to upload mp3 but only after you have uploaded a streaming format 1st, so you need to upload a wma or whatever they are 1st, then an mp3.

to publish to iTunes I think you need to go through a bit of bullshit setting yourself up as an artist I think, I may be wrong, and if I am wrong, awesome, cos I wanna put some stuff on there..lol
petey

Post by petey »

I think you may have got your wires crossed in the conversation there hz.

He has a WAV to upload and no way of making it an mp3...

And I've never looked into the itunes store thing so no idea.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

lol. I most certainly did not get my wires crossed Petey....

It was more so the case I read about 5% of Sam's post.. lol

Sam, you got any simple recording program like Sound Forge? Adobe Audition? Cool Edit Pro (which is the old AA)? just open the wav, save as a mp3 or wmv or whatever.

if you don't feel like doing that, upload the wav on to rapidshare or something, PM me the link, i'll download and convert for you, although the 1st way is much quicker.
petey

Post by petey »

It would also make yourself a bit more self sufficient... I've never used reason so no idea what it is.

Any sound editing software should have the ability to export/render to mp3 anyway, even if you have to download a codec.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

Reason is not really an Editing suite as such though Petey, it's a Simulated Studio Rack with Synths and Effects modules and all that jazz. However, I am sure you are right, there would have to be a way to do it. I've used Reason for years but I have never wanted to render to mp3, I generally use reason to create Loops and sounds and then Export them as Wav's and Open them in my sequencer to compose the track. It then get's mastered in another program.
petey

Post by petey »

Ah so its a compositioning tool rather than mixing... understandable.
SamC
Photographer, not artist.

Post by SamC »

No I don't have any of those programs, but that seems my best bet, cheers Hz. No you can't convert it to anything in Reason, only exports as wav, as far I can see anyway. I use Reason because its the easiest from my experience, I have 2 external audio boxes or whatever they're called(what you plug the guitar and mic into, and its your audio "card" too) like the Mbox 2 mini and another one, forgot what it was. But then I'm fucked if I know how to fix the delay, there is a slight delay and a whole heap of issues with getting the sound through properly, I had it fairly sorted ages ago, but its never been right ever, always some niggling thing that farks up your timing etc thats if you can get everything working smoothly in the first place, everything is that bloody touchy, like with XP, Vista, all that shit. So I just go back to my midi keyboard and Reason, I can make most of the sounds I want with that anyway, even though there is still a slight delay with that too. Tried all the different audio settings but nothing changes. So fuck it, make the most of what you have ay! lol :D
petey

Post by petey »

In the programs and also control panel there should always be a latency option, measured in samples. I use 128 atm which give me aboug 1ms delay. I can do this now with the new processor but on my old machine trying to go too low would screw it up.

But yea the delay is just because the sample latency is too high. with any decent ADDA box you should be able to get it reasonable low.
El Kabong
Yank with no wank
Yank with no wank

Post by El Kabong »

SamC wrote:
El Kabong wrote:My latest. Let me know if you can't listen to it. It's been a while since I uploaded one of these things.

I think that I don't write songs as much as I write backing tracks lol.

I've been learning a bit more about FL Studio, my DAW of choice, and trying to apply what I've learned. Feedback appreciated.

Song is called "35 Track"
I actually quite like that :) good beat, bass and I love the voices, that loudspeaker type effect is awesome. :yes:
Many thanks man! The loudspeaker effect is a series of chained delay effects. Glad you enjoyed it. :)
petey

Post by petey »

Clicky me for arsey beats
I've been attempting to max out the cpu in this machine by layering effects on effects on synths on effects etc... so far it hasn't budged a bit.
Heres a little tune that has come out of it.
petey

Post by petey »

ah BUMP....

Blicky yea I actually called the song blicky, didn't even make the connection at the time ^ ^

Could have done a lot more with it however it started off as just having fun in 5/4. I am happy with what it is though, starting to branch into sampling. And yes I might just make a post everytime I record a tune haha.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

definitely make a post every time Petey, People make a post every time they go out snapping photo's, this should be no different.

Your stuff is insanely interesting, I love it. The one thing that shits me off though is the horrid quality of the mix. What's going on there? you've probably posted it before but I'm lazy, wanna let me know what your using to record.

You need to sort it out. Cos I want Hi-Fidelity versions of these tracks, they are tops.
petey

Post by petey »

well basically I'm working in traktion. Its mackie designed software that came with our desk, I can't be bothered to buy/pirate a version of nuendo which is my favourite DAW.

I'm doing a real rough mix and then attempting to fix it by applying a mastering plugin on the main outputs haha.

Basically though the only reference I have are crappy headphones, a bloody live pa setup or my pc speakers. None of which I find it easy to mix on.

My actually AD/DA is a mackie onyx 1640 with firewire. I just run my guitars straight into the desk and have Guitar Rig 4 simulators going. Personally would much rather have a nice amp and mik it up however money and neighbours might disagree.

Also I have an Axiom25 for the midi stuff and it pretty much feels like crap, I find it impossible to actually play anything in time with it as the keys have latency (atleast it feels like it)

But the main issue I suppose is that I just start with one bit, then keep adding and it eventually becomes a bit of a tune and then I export. There is no organised write/record/mix/master schedule so some things tend to get left out or sound out of place.
El Kabong
Yank with no wank
Yank with no wank

Post by El Kabong »

My latest, GHR8. 8 because it's the 8th version of the song. I have no idea what GHR means anymore (started it last March) :melt: . It's actually two songs I was messing with and decided to combine. The last minute is the other song. Different but still with the same 'shuffle' type beat. I tied them together with a similar melody line. As with my other songs the guitars are live playing by me and the rest is piano-roll edited in the software (FL Studio). Feedback appreciated of course!

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... ID=1146301
El Kabong
Yank with no wank
Yank with no wank

Post by El Kabong »

Many thanks for listening. Thanks to your efforts GHR8 is currently #31 and rising in the rock guitar charts at SoundClick! :banana_guitar:

Much appreciated. :yes:
Crowella

Post by Crowella »

I'll post the band I'm in. Of The Red Sea. Should have done it earlier, we played a gig this morning (at 12am). Stupid tiredness

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
El Kabong
Yank with no wank
Yank with no wank

Post by El Kabong »

The hits just keep coming! :D (or maybe it's more like: the hits just keep coming! :yikes: )

Click the link in my sig or the one below. Unlike the other songs which were as much an exercise in learning something about FL Studio as composing a song, this one is just having fun banging on the guitars. It's sort of a cover but not really. You can try to guess the original but good luck. It needs lyrics but that means me singing and I wouldn't subject my worst enemy to that. The song is "Song110324". I've given up trying to name them. It's just the date I uploaded it.

Hope you like.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... ID=1146301
petey

Post by petey »

I had been compiling a cd from all of my 4 piece band type music that has been recorded recently. I realised I hadn't tried any new sounds or tricks for fun of late.

So heres something different...

Link :nod: :aussie:
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

Hey folks, well it's been a good few years since I made some music. So i "Felt the Urge" and had a crack at a little Dubsteppy/trancey number.

Feel free to have listen here
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

1st time attempt at the wubwubwubwubwubwub, pretty happy with what came out.
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

Sounds pretty sweet dude :yes: