Proud to be a Claret

Cricket, footy, tennis, whatever
somebloke

Re: Proud to be a Claret

Post by somebloke »

I think he wants to see Burnley out and ensure they survive the season in the top flight for next season. But Burnley are always going to be about survival for a while. Whereas Bolton are absolute underachievers who need some direction and ambition, so much more for a manager to work with and chance to work with a top half capable club.

I want to see Burnley survive and stay up but i'm sure money is tempting for any club and manager to consider the offer very reasonably. Would be good if he could stay and do what Fulham/Hodgson have achieved from survival to Europa.
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

FA Cup result: MK Dons 1 Clarets 2

Owen Coyle not available after the match, increasing speculation that he is off to Bolton.
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

Very much looking like Coyle will leave Burnley and head over to Bolton once the sides have negotiated compensation.

Story so far...

I'm dissapointed in him tbh. I think thats the end of the Clarets hope of staying n the premiership. Ironically we play Bolton towards the end of the month, hope he gets his just desserts :(
somebloke

Post by somebloke »

I'm honestly not surprised, i can understand most Claret fans feeling upset by it, though you have to make the most of your opportunities as a player/manager in this game. Bolton has a lot of potential, Big Sam had them running well but they never recovered once he left. Coyle is probably who they need to survive and likewise for Burnley. Survive this season at Bolton and then next season after a good transfer period they are definitely capable of possibly breaking into the top 10. Burnley can't offer that next season. Coyle was also a Wanderers player once too.

Onto a positive though, one my favourite UK clubs, Leeds United. What a display against Old Trafford. My mate put $10 on it at 32/1.
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

This weekends fixture against Stoke has been postponed due to the weather.

Meanwhile the Coyle saga continues, he's definately gone and the clubs are negoatiating compensation, Clarets want around 3 million, Bolton prepared to pay about 1 mill. Not much word on a successor as of yet and there aren't too many managers available atm. Mark Hughes would be too expensive and being an ex-Bastard Rovers boss wouldn't be welcomed by the fans. Steve Coppelll might be a good choice.

At the moment Steve Davis is in charge of the team, Coyles assistant and an ex player for the club.
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

The Clarets have thier new manager, Brian Laws takes charge and will face a momentous debut away at Man Ure this Saturday.

Laws is an ex- Clarets player and until recently managed Sheff Weds, but was sacked just before Xmas. Not who I was expecting but you can't have everything. Here's hoping......

Despite several good chances and holding on for an hour the Clarets came unstuck at Old Trafford. Man Ure 3 Clarets 0

Heading dangerously close to the relegation zone now :(
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

FA Cup action today, away at Reading who beat Liverpool to get to this game. Anyone who knows how to get round regional stuff can watch the game live at The FA.com :yes:

Reading 1Clarets 0 Out of the cup, no bad thing as it happens. On to the Reebok on Tues night to repay Owen Coyle for leaving the club :)

Defeat for the Clarets at the Reebok last night sees them slip into the relegation zone for the first time this season. The end is nigh !! :(

Bolton Wankerers 1 Clarets 0
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

Defeat at home yesterday versus Chelski :(

Clarets 1 Chelski 2
somebloke

Post by somebloke »

Yeah it's not looking good for Burnley i'm afraid. It's very close down the bottom but i can't see them winning many, plus with the away form i got a feeling it's over with now. Especially when Portsmouth will likely catch them too leaving the bottom three places very open.
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

somebloke wrote:Yeah it's not looking good for Burnley i'm afraid. It's very close down the bottom but i can't see them winning many, plus with the away form i got a feeling it's over with now. Especially when Portsmouth will likely catch them too leaving the bottom three places very open.
I know what you mean M8 but Portsmouth are doomed and its between the rest.

Clarets back to winning ways today :)

Clarets 2 West Ham 1

Lifts us out of the relegation zone. Pompey got slaughtered at ManUre :) but Hull beat Man City :(
somebloke

Post by somebloke »

Some odd results again, but that's what makes the EPL the best. The relegation battle is going to be epic, let alone the title one. Can Chelsea beat Arsenal to stop United running away up front? Hopefully.
markus

Post by markus »

Johnny X wrote: Clarets back to winning ways today :)

Clarets 2 West Ham 1
:yes: Go Clarets!
Much cycling such kilometers.
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

Nice to see you're still wearing the colours Markus :yes:

EDit: :( Lost at Fulham last night

Fulham 3 Clarets 0

Fortunately Bolton lost and Portsmouth only managed a draw
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

Back to premiership action this weekend with an away game at Aston Villa on Sunday. The Clarets have been away in Portugal for a week of team building etc whilst the cup competitions have been playing out. Hopefuly the Algarve sun will have invigorated the Clarets defence and we'll get some much needed points tomorrow :yes:

Edit:

:( Another miserable away day for the Clarets. After going a goal infront the boys collapsed, final result...

Aston Villa 5 Clarets 2
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

Home game against fellow strugglers Portsmouth today. Hopefully 3 points but they could be taken away if Pompey get wound up before the end of the season. Here's hopin...

Edit: :( Doomed to relegation methinks.

Clarets 1 Pompey 2
somebloke

Post by somebloke »

Doesn't look good for either clubs at the moment.

Watched Chelsea v Man City, interesting watching how Chelsea copped with a bit of pressure with things not going their way, 4 goals later and 2 red cards and it appeared a shamble of a day for them.

Carling Cup final tonight, will Villa be able to win it? I hope so!
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

Away day at the Emirates today as the Clarets continue the hunt for an away victory against the Gooners :( :shake:

Gooners 3 Clarets 1

Bolton beat West Ham today as well so they are moving out of the danger zone, Hope the scum can beat Wolves this evenin to keep them in the relegation battle :(

Another nail in the coffin this evening after the Clarets fail to keep up thier good home form:

Clarets 1 Stoke 1

Another loss today at home v fellow strugglers Wolves... I can hear a fat lady singin :(

Clarets 1 Wolves 2
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

Still no away win....

Wigan 1 Clarets 0

The end is nigh :(
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Yep I think the away form will be their downfall if they don't make it. One point out of a possible 48 from away games is a killer.

I think Bolton are safe and Pompey are definitely down so it's between you, Hull and the 3 W's.
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
somebloke

Post by somebloke »

I think Hull will be the final team besides Portsmouth and Burnley to go down. I don't fancy Hull so much now they've sacked Phil Brown as manager who i think has done well over the years with them. Getting them into the Premier League and avoiding relegation last season.
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

I keep hoping that a bit of form and good luck will kick in as the end of the season approaches but I just don't think it's going to happen. Pompey and Hull definately and just pray for some magic. I'm hoping that West Ham continue to struggle and we can just about pick up enough points to creep above them :fall:

Looks like Montey was right and we are just keeping that place in the Prem warm for your beloved Toon eh Kev :)
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Oh yes the Toon are as good as up.
Be nice to win the title though.
My Flickr Stream
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Wolves just might make it :)
Minister for Religious Genocide.
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

I've just seen the replay of the 'penalty' in the Burnley game today.
What a joke. The guy clearly dived.

I don't understand why the FA can use video evidence to retrospectively fine players for bad tackles or punches but not use it for diving which, to me, is blatant cheating and must come under the rule of bringing the game in to disrepute.

I saw one suggestion that they should issue a straight red for diving. That would stop it pretty quickly in my opinion.
My Flickr Stream
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

Regardless of the penalty incident the Clarets are just not good enough. Big game today, a must win to continue the fight for suvival against our most hated enemies, The Inglourious Basterds. There was no fight, no passion, no idea.

Clarets 0 Basterds 1

Back to the Championship to re-group methinks :(