:up:
Much cycling such kilometers.
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Re: Proud to be a Claret

Post by Johnny X »

This weekends fixtures

Away day at the City of Manchester Stadium to take on Man Shitty and, hopefully gain our first away point(s) of the season :yes:

:yes: :faint: At last... first away point of the season !!!

Maybe we should have had all three, Clarets were 2 - 0 up going into half time but let one slip just before. Moneybags City scored twice early in the second half to lead 3 - 2 but the Clarets fought bravely and equalised with about three mins to go....

Final Score... Man City 3 Clarets 3
somebloke

Post by somebloke »

Brilliant result for the Clarets, especially when City usually do well at home. Funny thing for City is Richard Dunne is having great games at Aston Villa since he left.

Fingers crossed for a Chelsea win over United tonight though!
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

somebloke wrote: Funny thing for City is Richard Dunne is having great games at Aston Villa since he left.
Internationals out of the way and back to the league program this weekend, as it happens Clarets are at home versus Villa.

This weekends fixtures
somebloke

Post by somebloke »

Interesting game for the Clarets i think. They are definitely capable of pulling it off at Turf Moor, but will have to keep A.Young under control on the left. Though Villa are decent team with Dunne at the back, could be a close fought low scoring game. Though i'm probably going to tip Villa either 0-1 or 1-2.
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

Yep, I'm feeling uneasy about this game. I'm just hoping that Heskey plays and then we can look forward to Villa missing loads of chances :D

We really need Mcann back in the side but that's some way off apparently. I'll be happy with a draw tho we need to try and keep the home points bandwagon rolling. Villa are a side that will capitalise on a weak defence with the likes of Young and Carew so if we do get an early goal I'll be content with a lock down for the last 80 mins of the game :)

Final Score Clarets 1 Villa 1

Clarets ahead early on through captain Caldwell rising above Dunne to head the clarets into the lead. Sounds like we had much of the play and control of the game but a couple of late substitutions from Villa proved fruitful for the donkey known as Heskey who headed an equaliser with 4 mins to go. Next game I'll keep my mouth shut about certain players :rolleyes:
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

This weekends fixtures

Away day at the Happy Hammers this weekend. West Ham have a habit of letting a lot of goals in, let's hope they keep up the trend and we get our first away win of the season :yes:
somebloke

Post by somebloke »

Some ripper games on the card this weekend. Villa v Spurs, Merseyside derby as always will be tough, Arsenal v Chelsea.

Like you said, West Ham are a shambles this year, Burnley definitely are in with a good chance at Upton Park!
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

Another sad away day for the Clarets in London.... :(

West Ham 5 Clarets 3

3 - 0 nil down at half time due to some woefull defending again, soon turned to 5 - 0 but a desperate fightback claimed 3 goals in the closing 15 mins or so but Captain Caldwell was sent off too. Christ knows what Arsenal are going to do to us when we go there.

Owen needs to change tactics a little methinks.. it's all well and good trying to play flowing attacking football but we need to learn how to defend as well if we are to stay in the top flight. Fortunately teams around us either lost or drew so we haven't lost too much ground but the trend is downwards atm and we are just coming up to the Clarets usual dip in form around Xmas.

Starting to get a little worried :melt:
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

This weekends fixtures

Clarets away at Portsmouth in the early kick off this weekend. Couldn't be a worse time to play the bottom team methinks... This is exactly the type of game we need to be winning if the Clarets are to stay in the top division. Here's hoping....
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Wolves beat Bolton and I'll be happy :)
Minister for Religious Genocide.
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

Happiness for Dr Pain...

Pain for Johnny X....

Yet another away day defeat for the Clarets, things are starting to look a bit grim. Yet another display of woeful defending from the Clarets. Listened on the radio coverage and sounded like we were on top for most of the game. The Beast saved a penalty (which wasn't a penalty... another blatant dive that seems to be becoming common these days), Fortunately Bolton and Hull lost and Bastards only got a draw but Wolves and Pompey are catching up :melt:

Pompey 2 Clarets 0
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

:rara:

I'm hoping that Wolves can stay up. We use to get first division matches live as two channels use to have the rights to show both prem league and first div here. So I was up till all hours watching Wolves whenever they had a broadcast game. But then Fox sports, who showed first div games, got the rights for prem league and bye bye first division games. I use to find the first division games more entertaining.
somebloke

Post by somebloke »

Not really surprised Burnley lost with Grant in charge and coming off a Man United thumping the week previously for Pompey.

Two successive losses for Chelsea in two competitions, tightens the league up again with Man City finally getting three points, makes you wonder where they would be if they could have converted their 6 straight draws.

I'm happier now though, Bayern Munich had a win on Friday, 3 straight wins now heading into the do or die Champions League contest with Juventus in Turin. Plus Arjen Robben made his first appearance since injury. Fingers crossed can survive this game because after Christmas break should have Ribery back in action on the left.
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

This weeks fixtures

Two home games for the Clarets this week... starting on Saturday with the visit of Fulham and then another toughie against Arsenal at home mid week. Time to get the points tally moving on again.... Please :D

Saturday result Clarets 1 Fulham 1

Apparently a disjointed performance from the boys but a screamer from Wade Elliot to tie the game, ARSEnal on Weds night.... gulp
somebloke

Post by somebloke »

This season i think the majority from Wade Elliot have all been screamers. Good player to watch.

Haven't seen the replay of this one but apparently The Beast made some very impressive saves.

I just watched the Bochum v Bayern game, 1-5 result. 2 points off the lead now. So everything is starting to go better.
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

Ooh Err missus... 20 mins to go before kick off in the mideweek match up as ARSEne and his Venga boys (ARSEnal) do battle at the Turf.. C'arn you Clarets :yikes:

Edit: Half time Clarets 1 ARSEnal 1 Clarets 1 down after 7 mins, again some slack defending from Bikey but he atoned for his error midway through the half by forging into ARSEnals box only to be brought down allowing Alexander to slot home from the penalty spot for his 100th league goal. Sounds like the Clarets are on top :eek:

Final Score Clarets 1 ARSEnal 1 Good point at the end of the day against the form team in the Premiership.... I'll settle for that :vibes:
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

This weekends fixtures

Away day at the Wolves, hoping it's gonna be some pain for Dr. Pain :D

McCarthy seems to be letting a bit of pressure get to him at Molineux, 10 changes to the side for the mid-week game and they lost again... Could this finally be the weekend that the Clarets break thier away win virginity ? Here's hoping :nod:
Last edited by Johnny X on Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
somebloke

Post by somebloke »

Has been heaps of talk about that entire team line up change for Wolves against United. I can see both sides of the argument. But something Andy Gray said,

"Who is to say that a good performance at Old Trafford, even if it did turn out to be in defeat, on the back of wins against Bolton and Spurs would not have been a better way of going into the Burnley game?

Who feels better right now? Wolves, thumped at 3-0 Old Trafford, or Burnley who fought back against Arsenal on Wednesday to earn a magnificent point against one of the top-four clubs in the country?

Moreover, Owen Coyle won't need to motivate his team on Sunday. He'll just have to say 'lads, this is the manager who thinks that by resting his team they can beat us'."

The game definitely could go in either direction.
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

Theres been a few murmerings about disregard for the "rules" in that a manager should field his best side and that McCarthy had his eye on the Burnley game as a must win. Owen Coyle has been his usual diplomatic self and just praises McCarthy for what he's done with the wolves team over the last couple of years and stating that if he had the squad then he would be able to rotate players too but we haven't. All he talked about before the Arsenal game mid week was how good a manager ARSEne was and how good a team they were.

It's a big game for both clubs, 3 points will give either team a little breathing space. Hopefully the weather isn't going to intervene. Half of the country came to a standstill yesterday after a night of snow and Sundays forecast has a lot of snow rolling down from Scotland and through the midlands during Sunday afternoon. We lost at Molineux 2 - 0 last season in the Championship, hopefully it'll be a reverse this season :yes:

:melt: Another miserable away day and another miserable defensive performance Wolves 2 Clarets 0
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I'm happy about the Wolves win :-) I cant stay a wake anymore like I use to to watch prem league games. Need something record them with
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

Chance to catch up with Clarets results after being away for Xmas.

On Saturday the Clarets took on Lancashire neighbours Bolton at Turf Moor. Game finished Clarets 1 Bolton 1

Today sees the Clarets away at the mock scousers (Everton) as the season reaches mid-way and the fight to stay in the Premiership warms up.

More doom and gloom: Everton 2 Clarets 0
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

FA Cup duty this weekend as the teams from the premiership and the championship enter the competition.

The Clarets are away at MK Dons, currently lying 8th in Div 1

Here's what former Claret and Man U forward, Luke Chadwick has to say about the game http://www.mkdons.com/page/NewsDetail/0 ... 61,00.html

Sincerely hoping for our second away victory of the season :nod: Might get us on the road to winning something away in the premiership. Having said that, our next away fixture in the Prem is at Old Traford :melt:
somebloke

Post by somebloke »

Wonder whether Burnley can keep Owen Coyle as manager for much longer with Bolton keen for his services after Megson got the flick.
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

Staying Put... Allegedly :)

Coyle has always shown that he is at Turf Moor to do the job and to stay there... The Bolton job would be the one job that could tempt him away tho, he has some history with Notlob.