Cool pic

ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Re: We got the Olympics

Post by wobblysauce »

Any one watching the paralympics.

What happens when a blind person runs faster then the minder?
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

[youtube] [/youtube]

Oscar Pistorius is coming across as a bit of a bad loser today.
Oscar Pistorius has apologised for the timing of his comments following his loss in the Paralympic T44 200m final.

The South African had criticised the International Paralympic Committee, saying gold medallist Alan Oliveira's artificial legs were too long.

In a statement he said: "That was Alan's moment and I would like to put on record the respect I have for him.

"I want to apologise for the timing of my comments but I do believe there is an issue here."

The world record holder was overhauled by Oliveira in the final 20m of the race, won by the Brazilian in 21.45 seconds with Pistorius second in 21.52.

The IPC said all artificial legs - known as blades - adhered to strict regulations and had been verified and agreed before the race.

But immediately after his loss, Pistorius told Channel 4: "We are not running in a fair race here.

"I don't know how you can come back, watching the replay, from eight metres behind on the 100 to win. It's absolutely ridiculous."

Oliveira said the comments of his "idol" were hard to take.

"The length of my blades is all right," said the South American. "I went through all the procedures with the referees. I believe Pistorius also knows that."
My Flickr Stream
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

Like a gust of wind.. It did seem like Oscar slowed down after looking like he had the big lead.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
matticooper

Post by matticooper »

[youtube] [/youtube]
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

Quite enjoying the Paralympics. Some of the events don't really work - I gave up on wheelchair table tennis - but the swimming, running and some of the more bespoke events have been great fun to watch.

Don't know what's happening to me. I've never really watched the Olympics or Paralympics before. I almost forgot there was F1 on this weekend and it was Spa ffs!
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

Para is more entertaining then the Norms.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

matticooper

Post by matticooper »

I've enjoyed watching some of the events of the Paralympics because they just fucking get on with it and they have a blast. The ego's are smaller and not in your face and there's some amazing athletes in GB at the moment. Watching men/women swimming 50 metres with only half an arm in under a minute - that's what talented is.... Loving the "never give up attitude" as well.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

I've seen a bit of the paralympics - mainly because it's on ABC2 and we can't be bothered to change the channel after the little one has gone to bed. There's some cool stuff though - definitely more interesting to watch than the regular olympics for me. Much less focus on breaking records and seeing how fast people can swim with no arms!
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

matticooper

Post by matticooper »

Is that a photo of them taking the rings down? Yet the Paralympics is still going until Sunday?
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

There's a different logo up for the paras so they replaced it between the events.
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

This is the one for the paras. No idea what it's suppose to mean though.

My Flickr Stream
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

I think it's how much of the Olympics logo the partially sighted competitors can see.
matticooper

Post by matticooper »

:rofl:
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Italian ex-Formula 1 driver Alex Zanardi, who lost both legs following a crash in 2001, has won Paralympic gold.

Competing in the H4 handcycling time trial, the 45-year-old beat Germany's Nobert Mosandl by more than 27 seconds at Brands Hatch.

Zanardi had both legs amputated following a near-fatal Champ Car accident at Germany's Lausitzring.

Since then he has won world time trial silver in 2011, after finishing fourth in the 2007 New York marathon.
My Flickr Stream
Bauer

We got the Olympics

Post by Bauer »

That's awesome
--------------
Stu
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

How good is that!

and @ Brands Hatch :)
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

matticooper wrote:Is that a photo of them taking the rings down? Yet the Paralympics is still going until Sunday?
Yes, it was from when it was taken down, when it was closed from traffic.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ