Proud to be a Geordie

Cricket, footy, tennis, whatever
Montey

Re: Proud to be a Geordie

Post by Montey »

Big Kev wrote:aaaaaaand they've gone.

Serves them right really. They learnt nothing when they got relegated a couple of years ago. Bad ownership, bad management, bad players.
I mostly agree. The only part I don't agree with is because of the last few fixtures with Rafa in charge.

Rafa's impact has dramatically improved the performance of the squad, despite the squad being full of useless pratts who shouldn't be in the Premier League (e.g. Cisse, who is NUFC's answer to Forest Gump).

The only thing I care about now is that the club walk in to Rafa's office and give him whatever he asks for to have him stay. If Rafa stays it will only be because he has been given total control of the club's footballing operations (including transfers), which means we will very likely be back into the PL and will be much stronger.

In Rafa we Trust!
- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

Big Kev wrote:I'm passing you like a ship in the night, being a Newcastle fan.
Deja Vu :yikes:
Montey

Post by Montey »

Rafa Rafael, Rafa Rafael, Rafa Rafael, Rafael Benitez!

We are the happiest supporters of a relegated team in the history of the football association.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

But it means the supporters will expect to win the Premiership as soon as they get back and if they don't, cue the 'Rafa out' banners! :)
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
Montey

Post by Montey »

Big Kev wrote:But it means the supporters will expect to win the Premiership as soon as they get back and if they don't, cue the 'Rafa out' banners! :)
Away with you and your cockney bullshite!

This notion that Geordies have an overblown sense of themselves is complete crap, perpetuated by the London tabloid media.

There is no NUFC fan who expects to contend for top-level silverware for many years yet; the only near-term expectations are that the players with a shitty attitude will be ejected and replaced, that we get promoted at the first attempt, and that in the 1st year of the a return to the EPL the club will not be anywhere near a relegation battle. After that all we want is steady improvement (top half by year 3, outside chance of qualification for Europa by the end of year 4, qualification for some sort of European competition at the end of year 5, steady improvement thereafter.)

I think those expectations are very realistic and modest given the amount of money the club has (7th highest turnover in the league in 2014) . We have suffered for too long under very poor football managers (Graeme Souness, Glenn Roeder, Sam Allardyce, Kevin Keagan Mk. 2, Joke Kinnear, Alan Pardance, Schteve McCuntface; none of whom have ever achieved anything in their careers), it is not since Bobby Robson we have had a proper competent manager. We have also suffered at the hands of Graham Carr, a guy who played the roll of chief scout like he was playing a game of Football Manager. Benitez has a proven record of building clubs and teams so should be able to fulfil the modest expectations of NUFC fans.
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

I think Rafa gives you the best shot at getting back straight away. Depends more on the players though for me, how many of the current squad will still be around come the start of the new season ?

The Championship is a tough division, The Premiership was taken aback last year by the "top" teams apparent lack of belief in a bit of competition from well managed sides. There isn't any fear of the likes of Chelski etc.. anymore.

Pep Guardiola is going to wonder where the hell he is when Man City come to Turf Moor next season.