Cricket, footy, tennis, whatever
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Re: Proud to be a Geordie

Post by Big Kev »

Newcastle 3 - 1 Liverpool

Haven't seen the game yet.

But I guess that'll do for a start under Pardew. By all accounts though, Liverpool never turned up.
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
Montey

Post by Montey »

Just watched the game.

A pretty good result considering the turmoil of the week just past. It's difficult to attribute the result to Pardew tho, I think that's more a parting win for Hughton.
- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

Montey wrote: It's difficult to attribute the result to Pardew tho, I think that's more a parting win for Hughton.
That's just what I was thinking, commentary on the Beeb was saying that it was a win by Hughton's team in Hughton's style and like Kev says, Scousers never showed up. I have no doubt that Ashley let out a huge sigh of relief. Puts them in 8th but it really is tight in the middle of the table. At this stage I have West Ham and Wolves plus 1 other for the drop.
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

I think the three W's will go down with Wigan in there. But if Pardew can't win the players over quickly they could easily join in.

Birmingham, Man City and Spurs next. Tough games.

If they lose all 3, by rights, Pardew should be up for the sack!
My Flickr Stream
somebloke

Post by somebloke »

Glad Newcastle got this right, don't think anyone had any idea how that game was going to go. Next 3 games will be interesting that's for sure.

Only game i caught last night was QPR V Watford, odd game where QPR were very average, hoping it continues next week when they take on Leeds who are now 4th and 8 games unbeaten.

Are people here tipping Arsenal to beat Man U at Old Trafford? I know i am.
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

:( Leeds took us out at Turf Moor yesterday after the Clarets being 2 - 0 up. Second time that's happened recently, we are becoming a mediocre Championship side with no sign of making a return to the Premiership. Good to see QPR go down. I hate Warnock :D

As far as the ManUre game goes, I think they are starting to work up the gears and will beat ARSEnal and start to stretch out a lead.
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Johnny X wrote:. I hate Warnock
He has the nickname 'Colin' due to the fact that Neil Warnock is an anagram of Colin Wanker.
My Flickr Stream
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

Another good day for a Clarets supporter :)

Slack Allardyce shown the door at Bastard Rovers :clap:
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Wonder if they'll take on Hughton as a replacement.

Bit of a sudden one for Big Sam. He seemed to think it was going ok and then he got his marching orders.

I can never quite understand why it's always the fault of the manager though. For instance, if your main striker couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo why don't they sack the player for not doing his job instead of the manager for not winning games.
My Flickr Stream
Montey

Post by Montey »

Any club that is in a bit of instability, has some players who need some life coaching, etc... would be insane to not approach Hughton.
- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

Bad start against City. They still look good enough to stay up tho :nod:

On a brighter note, our lot got their first away win of the season and first victoey at Barnsley for 79 years :vibes:
somebloke

Post by somebloke »

Caught the big London derby game last night. Arsenal looked brilliant, the way they needed to play against Man U. I thought Chelsea would win the game 0-1 but that goal before half time was crucial. Arsenal had a few other chances but looked good all over the park. Entertaining over the second half when the game opened up to show the pace of the players out there.

I still wonder how Ferreira gets a gig at Chelsea, he is average and outclassed in every game he plays in that right back position. Nasri was very comfortable being marked by him.

Just need Man U to slip up a bit so Arsenal can get that touch bit closer.

On the manager side the two sackings have been the two unexpected ones. Houghton i don't know anyone who doesn't agree on that surprise but Big Sam is a surprise as well. Yes not the most spectacular style of play, but it's brilliant for these owners to come in and say they want immediate change, the club has never had the funds to pull in some real classy performers so Big Sam battles in that long ball approach, it works and keeps Blackburn around the top 10 mark. I expect to see them slip up a lot now and what will ultimately probably now enter them in a relegation battle.
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Wigan 0 - 1 Newcastle

First proper win under Pardew. Doesn't sound like it was a classic but it'll do.

Up to 10th, level with Liverpool and with a game in hand over them.
My Flickr Stream
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

Good away result.. keeps you in the right half of the table :yes:
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

Great result for the Toon last night :yes: Without Carroll and Amoeba as well. Looks like the West Ham revival is over and the chasers at the top are slacking. Liverpool are a shambles and Chelski have lost the plot completely.
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Yeah an interesting night of results. Hodgeson can't be long for the chop surely.

I wouldn't put much on a win against the tail enders.

Need to see a proper result against better teams. I still don't rate Pardew yet.
My Flickr Stream
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

FA Cup weekend

Stevenage 3 - 1 Newcastle

Unceremoniously dumped out of the cup by lowly Stevenage

Presumably Pardew will now be sacked eh :)

It's probably quite good actually because it means they can concentrate on not being relegated.
My Flickr Stream
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

Big Kev wrote:FA Cup weekend

Stevenage 3 - 1 Newcastle

Unceremoniously dumped out of the cup by lowly Stevenage

Presumably Pardew will now be sacked eh :)

It's probably quite good actually because it means they can concentrate on being relegated.
Fixed :yes: :D

Seriously, that's a bit of a shocker :eek:

I think you guys will be safe in the Premiership, still not convinced with Pardew though. 5 years of that guy might be hard to live with... and expensive to get out of :(
Montey

Proud to be a Geordie

Post by Montey »

I'm glad we're out of the cup. The last thing we need is distractions from mission #1, staying in the PL.

I have no idea about Pardew. I couldn't fathom his appointment, so I have no capacity to predict his future.
Montey

Post by Montey »

Big Kev wrote:Newcastle 1 - 1 Tottenham

Grrr

Idiots!

1 up with 30 seconds left to play and they let spurs in to level it.

This....

Here....
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

Montey beat me to it :D

Wondered what the sudden interest in the Clarets was :D
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Must have tapped the wrong topic on my ipad :)

That's how annoyed I was!
My Flickr Stream
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Fulham 1 - 0 Newcastle

I have a feeling Newcastle will start to slip now.

Andy Carroll has been sold to liverpool for a frankly ludicrous £35m. No one has been lined up to replace him and the transfer window is now shut. Ameobi got a broken cheekbone in the game tonight. Not looking good for where the goals are going to come from.

Only 6 points above the relegation zone and some of the teams below them are starting to have a good run.
My Flickr Stream
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

There may be trouble ahead......

Looking at and listening to Pardew after the defeat at Fulham I didn't pick up any signs that there was any confidence in staying in the Prem.

in my opinion they are good enough to stay up but need a full, fit squad, I think the run in is going to be interesting this year :nod:
Montey

Proud to be a Geordie

Post by Montey »

Watching the game live on Foxtel.

NUFC is down by 3 goals within 10 minutes. I'm convinced NUFC team is treating this as protest match, so we could go down by a club record.

Am expecting to lose by well over 5 goals, possibly pushing double digits.

Truth be told, if the players were having a protest, I don't think I'd blame them.