Proud to be a Geordie

Cricket, footy, tennis, whatever
Montey

Proud to be a Geordie

Post by Montey »

I figured that it was time to stop piggy-backing off the Claret's thread.

As an opening post I'd just like to say....

six - nil

six - nil

six - nil

six - nil
- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
somebloke

Re: Proud to be a Geordie

Post by somebloke »

Amazing result, just a win would have kept Newcastle fans happy. They looked great out there today at St James Park, Villa were an absolute shamble. To win 6-0 though, a good return to the EPL. Good to see at Tyneside!

Just waiting for the next game now.... hoping Fulham can beat the bastards Man U!
Montey

Post by Montey »

Will comment more when I climb down off the ceiling.
- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Aye. A mint result. I'm actually up here in newcastle this weekend and everyone seems made up at that result.

Should be on for some good points in the next 2 matches too.
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
somebloke

Post by somebloke »

Here's hoping Nani takes United's penalties for the whole season!
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

I was beginning to think you Geordies weren't all that bothered about your beloved Toon....... :D

Didn't see that coming, 6 against Villa. Great result :yes:

Bpool showing thier trues colours this weekend, think they're gonna find it harder than we did :nod:
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Wolves 1-1 Newcastle

Should really have won that. The toon were all over them. Never mind. A point is better than none.
4th in the table with 5 games still to come this weekend.
My Flickr Stream
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

Wasn't that 1 each Kev ?

Just watched match of the day, that was a pretty bruising game. Barton took some harsh treatment but credit to the guy for not reacting. Good start to the season so far for the Toon.

Great result for Wigan, pity Bpool couldn't hang on. looks like West Ham are going to be the fall guys this season, what is it about teams that play in Claret and Blue ? :p
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Yes! Typo :)

Yeah Barton took a he'll of a kicking.
My Flickr Stream
Montey

Post by Montey »

Wolves were playing an absolutely filthy brand of football. Anyone coming up against them needs to be very wary of picking up some bad injuries.

All match I was just waiting for Barton to punch someone out, he was getting bashed all over the place, but huge credit to the guy for putting up with it and letting his football do the talking. The ref' really was complete crap. He's apparently been dumped from the Premier League ref's list before for bad games, but so many yellow cards is a demonstration that he had lost complete control of the match.

Am very pleased with the Toon on two fronts at the moment. First that they're getting the job done on the pitch, so far showing the sort of passion, determination and skill that keeps teams in the top flight. The second area is off the pitch where the club seem to be doing some very smart business. Picking up Ben Arfa is a great get for the team.

I think one of the big differences this year, compared to 5 years ago, is that the players who are in the team want to be at Newcastle. In previous years we had too many mercenaries, like Owen, who were only there for Freddy's over-exercised cheque book, so a year in the Championship to chuck them out was probably what the club needed. Hopefully they can build on this start and lock themselves firmly back in the top league.

Howay the lads!!!!
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Newcastle 0 - 2 Blackpool

Were all over them but it wasn't to be. A penalty and a long ball while they were pushing for a goal.
4 points from 4 games. 13th. Mid table safety at the moment.
My Flickr Stream
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

Whoops
Montey

Post by Montey »

As a famous poet once said.....

Feck the fecking fecker, the fecking feckers fecked!!!!!

Alan Smith would be more useful if he'd just put the mascot outfit on and paraded around at half time..... let the fans throw things at him and you'd double the crowed size. Useless twat!!!

Poor Barton spent all day doing Smith's job which meant our midfield was completely p0wn3d by Blackpool, who gave us no room to move at all, and we had no decent shape. It just shows that if one player has a 'mare the whole side can be off balance, but especially if that one player is from a central midfield position. I suspect Nolan was also off his game because he was getting dragged back to do Barton's job, leaving Caroll to toil away up front by himself.

Hughton also had some poor substitutions. I still think pulling Smith for Tiote would have been a better choice, there's not a lot of point putting extra forward players on if your midfield is not getting them the ball.

Am not surprised, but still pissed at the performance overall.
somebloke

Post by somebloke »

I saw Everton v Man U. Some world class saves from Tim Howard but Distin was pathetic in defence, he had no idea where the Man u players he was meant to be marking were all game. Fortunately Man U slept in injury time assuming a comfortable victory but in all they were lucky that Everton never got a third in the final minutes. Tim Cahill scoring which i love seeing from him, such an aerial threat for a little bloke.

Will watch Birmingham v Liverpool tonight, i think B'ham can win this game.
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Everton 0 -1 Newcastle

av it :)

5th in the table now. Come on europe :D
My Flickr Stream
Montey

Post by Montey »

A well deserved result.

Referee was absolutely atrocious!!! Absolute, stone-cold, penalty not given when Nolan was ripped off his shot on goal from in the box. The ref' was right there and he missed it. He also completely ignored a dead-set handball as an Everton player swatted the ball away right in front of him. If I didn't know better I would have said the ref had a wager on the game.

The whole Newcastle team played brilliantly. Krul didn't have a lot to do, but when he was called on he pulled of some great stops. Tiote and Arfa look like absolute stellar acquisitions and Barton owned the mid-field. Nolan looks to be a much better player when he's no falling back to cover for Smith, so hopefully with Tiote looking so good Smith won't ever get back on the field again. Caroll was quiet up front, but he worked his arse off and made some outstanding defensive plays, including one fantastic run back to tackle on Everton's right wing.

Fantastic result, so bring on Chelsea in the cup (ROFL) and then Stoke next weekend.
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

:yes: Back on track for the Toon... Good result guys
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

Cracking result against Chelski in the Carling Cup last night :yes:
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Too right.

Great for Northampton too. I wonder if the Liverpool board are checking Roy Hodgson's contract for getouts yet.
My Flickr Stream
Montey

Post by Montey »

I just watched my recording of the game.

What a fantastic result. There is actually an argument to be had that the final score should have been 5-2 to Newcastle, with Chelsea getting an incredibly soft penalty and a fairly obvious handball inside the Chelsea area not being awarded a penalty.

As the commentator said, every time Newcastle went forward they looked like scoring.

It should be noted that Alan Smith was pretty well anonymous again. But Ranger and Krul were fantastic. The goal by Taylor from the free kick was fantastic.
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Newcastle 1 - 2 Stoke

Poor performance today.
Pity cos Sky sports was free for everyone today to try out so I was looking forward to seeing the game as I'm not a subscriber.
:(

Still a solid 10th though.
My Flickr Stream
Montey

Post by Montey »

I haven't watched the 2nd half yet.

During the 1st half I thought NUFC were playing really well, they were controlling the game and executing some really flowing build-up play.

It does seem typically Newcastle to go away and beat better teams and then come home and get done by the lower teams. It does suggest that the NUFC squad has a psych issue when playing at home these days.
somebloke

Post by somebloke »

To Stoke's credit they changed the game in the second half. Newcastle moved Barton up field to try and get him influencing the last third more because Newcastle controlled and dominated that first half but they never looked threatening on goal. Ben Arta made some good runs down the left but that was about all that looked too threatening.

The midfield battle evened up and Stoke got the crosses in. Delap challenged the area with his long throws again. Newcastle were lucky in the sense that Jones hit the cross bar twice with his headers. Can dominate the midfield but at the end you need to score goals and the Newcastle forward's couldn't do it against a strong Stoke back four. Could well have been 1-4. Definitely unlucky for Perch giving Stoke that goal, he played well otherwise.

Interesting weekend of results, lots of suprises! EPL just tightened up again up the top. Could also be the turning tide for a few teams, perhaps Stoke who can now look at an achievable win at home to Blackburn but a tough game for Newcastle coming up with Man City away.
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

Stoke are one of those teams that you think, yeah should get something against them, and you end up with nothing. A well disciplined side with the added benefit of the mutant throw in abilities of Rory Delap, still causes trouble even for the top sides. Watching MOTD2 I was a little surprised by the result but to be honest I think the Toon are going to need a little time to get some consistency. Hopefully results like this won't prove to be a setback, I don't think it will and I have to say that I am impressed with Hughton, he's doing a good job.

Shame to see Blackpool lose out against Bastard Rovers. I loathe Rovers and Allardyce :D Mixed feelings about Notlob drawing with ManUre, I want to see the Judas, Owen Coyle, struggling (was nice to take them out in the Carling Cup) but I also like to see ManUre struggle too.

Great performance by Man City... Wtf is going at at ARSEnal and it seems like the scousers are in for a hard season.
Montey

Post by Montey »

Johnny X wrote:I loathe Rovers and Allardyce :
If fat Sam's dried husk of a carcass was lying in the middle of the road being humped by a mangy dog, I'd probably still spit on him!