Proud to be a Geordie

Cricket, footy, tennis, whatever
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Re: Proud to be a Geordie

Post by Big Kev »

Yep could be on for a cricket score against Arsenal.

Biggest premiership defeat was 6-0 by man u in 2008. That'll be beaten today!
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
Montey

Proud to be a Geordie

Post by Montey »

0 - 4 down at half time (30 min in actually).

This is going to be a massacre.

What we need is 50,000 odd fans in the ground chanting "Ashley Out!" in unison.
- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
Montey

Proud to be a Geordie

Post by Montey »

Looks like the cricket score is off. Arsenal has had a complete mental collapse.

Arsenal are still going to win convincingly, but not by a huge margin.

-- update --

Holy flipping heck!!!!

How the hell did we get a draw out of that (it should even been a win with a denied goal clearly being incorrectly ruled off side)?
- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

Incredible result for the Toon :yes:

I was listening to Final Score on the Beeb and they were saying that fans were leaving after 15 mins when the score was 0-3. Helluva comeback :vibes:

Incredible day in the Premiership all round, a record number of goals in one day and ManUre still have to play Wolves (ManUre 1 up as I type)
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Yep amazing result for Newcastle and some other results too.

Wolves of all people ending Man U's unbeaten run.

Crazy.
My Flickr Stream
Montey

Post by Montey »

The best goal I've seen all season, one of the best I've ever seen....

[youtube] [/youtube]
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Newcastle 1 - 2 Everton

No home win for 2 months now.
I wonder if Ashley is regretting getting rid of Hughton.
My Flickr Stream
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

You would think that 9th place currently was pretty safe but they're only 6 points away from the bottom three. They need to pick up the pace asap. It really is tight in the Prem, I'll repeat what I've said before in that I think the Toon are good enough to stay up. Question is.... Is Peardrop ? :(
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Stoke 4 - 0 Newcastle

Not seen the game yet but soundly hammered by Stoke.

Yet another loss under Pardew. No idea why he was favoured over Hughton. We're only safe because the teams below are worse.

Only 4 points off the relegation zone though. It's very tight down there.
My Flickr Stream
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

Saw the highlights on MOTD and they looked pretty poor. Like you said Kev, it's getting really tight at the bottom of the Prem, One or two teams are putting some form together and the Toon aren't. Not looking good atm :(
Montey

Proud to be a Geordie

Post by Montey »

I stayed up until 4am.... At that point I found myself asking.... Why the fuck do I keep staying up to watch this crap?
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Newcastle 4 - 1 Wolverhampton Wanderers

Good win for the Toon.
That puts us on 39 points. 1 more and we should definitely be safe from the drop (although we should be now anyway).
My Flickr Stream
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

Aye.... good result :yes:
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Newcastle 0-0 Man Utd

Had a few chances but we haven't got a good striker at the moment.

BUt that draw puts us on 40pts which is usually the 'safe target' to stay up and I think it's pretty certain now.

That's what they needed to do this season and they've done it. I just think they could have done it better with Chris Hughton.
My Flickr Stream
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

Pretty much safe now... the question is.... what about next year ?

Pardew hasn't excatly set the club alight, not too promising so far :eek:
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Indeed.

They need to spend some of that Carroll money and on someone good. The strikeforce is pretty woeful without him and they need some good midfielders too.
My Flickr Stream
Montey

Post by Montey »

I am pretty much parking my expectations and opinions on Newcastle until I see what happens to any transfer money we have received for the Carroll sale and any possible Enrique sale.

I have three possible scenarios, one of which I hope for, one of which I am fearful of being likely and one that I can live with:

The scenario I can live with is that Carroll & Enrique are sold, bringing in a combined 50 million pounds (35+15), this money is then released (in total) for new purchases in the Winter break. 50mil will buy a lot of talent.

The scenario I am fearful of being likely is that Carroll and Enrique are sold, bringing in a combined 50 million pounds, but of this money only 10-15 mil is released for new signings, with Ashley "doing other things" with the remaining cash. This scenario could almost push me away from supporting NUFC (its a horrible thing to consider, except that I've been watching a few Liverpool games recently and really enjoying them).

The scenario I hope for is that Ashley/Llambias comes out with a 5 year plan for the club. This plan starts by saying that we've got 50mil but we're only going to bring in enough talent in the winter to not drop next season, using loans & free agents, because we're going to wait until the new EUFA rules about club debt levels force big clubs, currently with big debt levels, to fire-sale players and it also reduces the value of players because there is less ability to borrow money to pay big fees. Then our 50mil becomes worth around 75mil+ and we can really go nuts with bringing in young super stars. But I think this is a complete pipe dream!
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Liverpool 3 - 0 Newcastle
Not too fussed.

We're safe in mid table mediocrity which, to be honest, is all they needed to do this season.
My Flickr Stream
Montey

Post by Montey »

Result I expected, but no the result Liverpool deserved.

1st Goal - A possible offside. LFC player was in an offside position in the immediate area, causing Krul to have cover both players.
2nd Goal - Suarez was outside of the area (outside of pitch) so no penalty. Commentators (UK & Aussie) also made similar comments.
3rd Goal - Finally one that was legit.

There was also a fairly good case for a NUFC penalty that was turned down too. I also think Ref's are now hunting for things to give Tiote a yellow card for. If he so much as sneezes near another player he gets a card these days. The thing I find interesting is that when he gets a yellow he doesn't change his playing style, yet he doesn't get reds.

I expected LFC to thump NUFC, but LFC played poorly... then again NUFC played like they were on holiday.
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

Time to play out the season and prepare for next year when they may well have a fight on their hands.

Hugely cheesed off that the Judas Coyle didn't take Rovers down and leave them in the mire. Not much hope for Blackpool now with their run in games.

Will Manure be undone ? :eek:
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Chelsea 2 - 2 Newcastle

Good result.
The games don't really count now though.
Only 1 more to go, at home against West Brom (who are safe now too).

West Ham are the first club to be relegated and they've parted company with Avram Grant tonight too.
My Flickr Stream
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

What happened to West Ham :eek:

Really wanted them to win and give Blackpool a better chance, as it happens the last day is going to be a cracker in the relegation fight... and there's still a chance that Bastard Rovers can go down... please :D
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Any 2 from 5 can go down on sunday. They could all lose and the positions still change depending on how many they let in. It's going to be a cracker.

I just want Blackpool and Wolves to stay up cos their managers are the most entertaining. Blackpool also have a crazy gang approach to playing. Always entertaining to watch. I couldn't really care less about Wigan, Birmingham or Blackburn.
My Flickr Stream
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Wolves survived :rara:
Minister for Religious Genocide.
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Very unlucky for Blackpool. They fought hard but at the end of the day it's about your results over 38 matches, not the last handful. They weren't quite good enough. Hopefully they'll keep some stability and hang on to Holloway. They did their season on a shoestring so their FA relegation payout will help them bolster the team and they should be in line to come straight back up again.

It was a cracking last day though. I think the relegation places changed about 14 times. Not sorry to see Birmingham go though.

As for Newcastle, an ok season in the end. Nothing spectacular but they avoided relegation which was the main thing. They desperately need some new players but it all depends on how much of that £35m from the sale of Carroll they'll give to the manager to spend, and who they can attract.
My Flickr Stream