2011-12 Summer of Cricket

Cricket, footy, tennis, whatever
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Re: 2011-12 Summer of Cricket

Post by Vilante »

They really seem to have crumbled in this test and the ban won't help. Will be interesting to see if they bring anything to the next test or just lie down.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Jiminee wrote:This just gets better and better!
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/crick ... 6244905418" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He was warned. They certainly are in some strife the Indians.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

They might be better off with him not playing though. In fact almost certainly will.
He pleaded guilty and is not kicking up a stink so I suspect he didn't want to play and this gives him an easy out.
XLV SPORT
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

So Haddin was released by CA to play T20 for his BBL side to get back some lost form. Fucking lot of good that did. Out for a duck and a dropped catch.

Seeya at the Adelaide Oval Hadds :up:
--------------
Stu
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

And hopefully not much more after that!
XLV SPORT
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

Bauer wrote:
In T20, heres hoping we are saying Cameron who? before too long. Done nothing in the Big Bash. Hope he gets the flick.
Not normally one for self quoting but I was surprised to see that our T20 team seems to have been picked on BBL form. Pity they dont do the same for the test team with shield cricket but I guess a short sharp tournament shows who is in form and who isnt. Goodbye Cameron White, hello George Bailey. A good move.

I liked it :up:
--------------
Stu
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

Fucking gutted though that the Hurricanes missed out on a Champions League spot by 7 runs :(
--------------
Stu
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I hope the Adelaide track is well doctored for us like the Indians are claiming. It's not like they don't do it at home, nnnnooooooooooooo :ohboy:
Minister for Religious Genocide.
norbs

Post by norbs »

Seems like the usual Adelaide flat track. Dry and flat and will be harder to bat on late in the test, if it goes that far.

Tendulkar's big chance for that ton.
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

yes his eyes will be lighting at.

As for Swampy Jr - Thanks for your time. Good luck for the future as we look further to find someone can fill the #3 shoes.
--------------
Stu
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

Yep, all that achieved was 4 less matches in Khwaja's development.
XLV SPORT
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

stick that up your arse Geoff Lawson

Go Punter :)
--------------
Stu
norbs

Post by norbs »

Bauer wrote:stick that up your arse Geoff Lawson

Go Punter :)

Fucking Bradman, in his current state could score a ton out there. Inept bowling and a stupidly flat track. Fucks me off.

One thing I was thinking about driving home. Are the games top 3 scorers all on the field together?
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

yes they are

All 3 have scored > 13000 runs now.

As for the pitch, Warner, Cowan and Marsh couldnt score a ton. Flat yes but still takes a decent knock. You cant deny he is playing well can you Geoff?
--------------
Stu
norbs

Post by norbs »

Bauer wrote:yes they are

All 3 have scored > 13000 runs now.

As for the pitch, Warner, Cowan and Marsh couldnt score a ton. Flat yes but still takes a decent knock. You cant deny he is playing well can you Geoff?

He is batting well, thats for sure. So is Clarke. Good toss to win. Imagine if Sehwag and Tendulka got going on that track.

Honestly, as far as pitches go, I would much rather watch a test like the one played on the Hobart strip than a flat track like this. Drives me bonkers.

Oh, and Henry is right. Ponting got too many chances. Against this attack on these pitches, he was going to cash in at some point.
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

They did precious little in Sydney when Clarke, Ponting and Hussey cashed in, so no reason to presume they would do the same today. Eventually they will have a good day but the repeated calls of terrible fielding efforts, lack lustre bowling and terrible tactics are not what you would expect from Australia at any time but even more this season.
XLV SPORT
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

41st century for Ponting. Haters gonna hate *looks at Norbs* :lol:
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

I'll play Norbs...Fuckin road, my dog could get a hundred on it...surprised I didn't have to wait two years.... :)
norbs

Post by norbs »

Dr. Pain wrote:41st century for Ponting. Haters gonna hate *looks at Norbs* :lol:
Why let a bloke past his best play himself back into some sort of form on flat decks against shit bowling when you could have a young bloke, you know, like Ponting once was, in there scoring runs and building confidence. And I am not talking about Marsh. Khawaja got 6 tests. Just seems stupid to me. I know the blokes who would take one up the date from Punter wont agree, but I am fucking right. :D

Just curious on the pitch thing. Would people rather see a more even pitch than the road in Adelaide and most of the sub continent?
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

norbs wrote: Khawaja got 6 tests. Just seems stupid to me.
This bit we agree on. I think Khawaja has the talent to be out next test captain and we should be giving him every chance to earn his place in the side. I hope the effort of Marsh today has given Khawaja another chance.

The next bit we agree on as well - Ponting is past his best

But I dont see the point of replacing him while he is performing. We still like to win and at the moment he compliments Clarke very well - and that is an important factor.
--------------
Stu
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

Bauer wrote:
norbs wrote: Khawaja got 6 tests. Just seems stupid to me.
This bit we agree on. I think Khawaja has the talent to be out next test captain and we should be giving him every chance to earn his place in the side. I hope the effort of Marsh today has given Khawaja another chance.

The next bit we agree on as well - Ponting is past his best

But I dont see the point of replacing him while he is performing. We still like to win and at the moment he compliments Clarke very well - and that is an important factor.
I like!
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Khawaja is getting screwed atm. He should be in the team batting with Ponting to learn as he looks best to replace Ponting.
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

On the pitch - really hard to say if it is that bad/flat as it looks as the bowling effort today was just terrible. The number of pro sports teams who get regular comments on their days of lacklustre effort is really small, the Indian cricket team being a very high profile and notable exception. They are just so 20th century in terms of fitness, conditioning, planning and effort.
India bowled all over the place, conceeded runs easily, had no spark in the field. Sure Australia may have also conceeded 3/350 today but it would not be through a lack of effort, poor execution maybe, but not a straight out piss poor try.
Remember Australia were 3/84, Clarke knicked one through a vacant first slip, was dropped late in the day (due to poor positoning of the slips as much as anything) etc - I just cant see that any other team would of been as bad today. Adelaide tests usually get results nowadays so cant fault the pitch really. A little bit more juice early on day 1 would be nice but when a team is so defensive they bring on a spinner in the 4th over how can any fair judgement be made of the conditions?

And yes, Khawaja is getting screwed.
XLV SPORT
norbs

Post by norbs »

Sweet baby Jesus, near consensus on Khawaja! What the hell is going on?
norbs

Post by norbs »

Sharma just dropped Punter. They could both get 300 the way things are going.