Mando's Running Thread

Cricket, footy, tennis, whatever
Gizmo
forum fairy - in a gay way!
forum fairy - in a gay way!

Re: Mando's Running Thread

Post by Gizmo »

Your body seems to of pulled up pretty good then.

I had a 5km race Sunday morning. During my warmup run I suddenly needed to have a poop! Ran back to the tolite and was on it for about 15 minutes. Got off with under 3 minutes till the start, ran down to the start and 60 seconds later I was racing, so wasn't the best start. I was pretty happy with how I ran though. Going by my gps I did 17.30, but did 17.54 for the course. I'm really happy with that time after only 3-4 months work.
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

lol, I've heard of being nervous but 15 minutes shiting yourself? :)

Awesome time mate.
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

I did my first 10km run for 9 months on the weekend and while still feeling the effects of a cold (just on the chest so breathing was a little harder than usual, not heaps) I did a 46.03 on a reasonably flat course (2 decent hills). That beats my pb by 2 minute 35 over the run 9 months ago. A decent improvement but not out of this world.

Next target is the City to Surf. Hoping to get close to the 65 minute mark but that means running at the pace I did that 10km in for an extra 4k. Will need a good 4 weeks leading up but fingers crossed.
Last edited by Vilante on Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

I still can't imagine running more than 20m in one go so that's insanely impressive dude!
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

Just a quick update. Did my 3rd half on the weekend at the Sydney running festival. Pretty awesome running over the bridge and through Sydney's streets.

Did a nice pb, 1:40.30. Wish I had found that 30 seconds to go under my first major target of 100 minutes but pretty happy with 12 minutes off my first half time in May. A lot of that is experience running the distance and how far you can push yourself but still, happy with it.

Have another lined up late November and hope to go under 100 :)