Mando's Running Thread

Cricket, footy, tennis, whatever
Gizmo
forum fairy - in a gay way!

Re: Mando's Running Thread

Post by Gizmo »

If your hamstrings are playing up I would stretch them before and after.

I went running yesterday and ended up with massive shin splints half way though, I couldn't stop because I had to get back to work lol........ They don't feel to bad today but still alittle sore....... Might have my rest day today :(
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

That sucks Giz, hope they're better after the rest day.

Had a sort outter foot (not the problem foot) and sore knee on the same leg during lasts nights run. Still there this morning.

Falling apart! Luckily tonight is a night on the bike.

Will try stretching before and after, cheers Giz.
Gizmo

Post by Gizmo »

How's the foot and leg going Vil?

I had a nice 12km run this morning. Longest since i've been back training. Felt really good, starting to feel some fitness come back.
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

Awesome mate.

Leg is a little better. Foot is still there, on the bottom of the foot on the outside edge 2/3rds toward the back.

Due for a 14km tomorrow but I'm going to ride instead hoping the foot will feel better on Monday.
Gizmo

Post by Gizmo »

Looks like im off exercise for a couple of days. Got a massive cramp in my right calf while doing a swim session Monday night. Lasted for about 2 minutes. Never had anything like it before. I have to keep streching my calf throughout the day or it has no movement in it. Hopefully a couple of days off and I can start to ride, I think it might be a week or so before I can run again though :(
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

That sucks mate!!

I've had a couple of days off with a massively sore glute and a bit of a concerning pain in one foot. Have been doing a couple of spin classes and hope tomorrow's run will be pain free. Or at least mostly pain free.

Hope you're back on the horse soon!
Gizmo

Post by Gizmo »

Well my right calf has been pretty sore this week from what I now call Mega Cramp! Put the bike on the wind trainer last night in front of the telly and a watched arecording of Paris Rouaix pretending I was sitting on Boonen's wheel waiting for oppunitiy to attack! Haha.....Anyways......leg feels good today, off swimming again tonight. It's still a little to tender today to go running without pain, hopefully after another good stretch tonight Ill be back running on the weekend.
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

haha love that. Did you get him? :)

Hope the calf pulls up mate. I used to do some sprinting in school and would wake up with massive cramps in the night so I know how that feels. It's a serious muscle when it's working against you!

I've rested up this week and my foot problem has faded. The tight hammy thing is still there. Can't work out if it's from riding or running or both.

Going to head out on what is hopefully 14km's today so we'll see how we go, fingers crossed.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Vilante wrote:Yeah I've been rolling it over a hard tennis ball. Might try a gold ball too though.
can i has gold ball?
Gizmo

Post by Gizmo »

Got a 5km race Sunday morning so did a 8km threshold run today before having an easy 2 days before the race. Felt really good and strong. I have a goal t o run 18.40 but I think I could go sub 18.20. The last race was alittle cruzie because I didn't know where my body was at......this one is going to hurt hehe :)
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

Sounds awesome mate, good luck with it!

Jesus that's fast haha. My best is still 23.5 haha.

Leg is a little better, running super slow ATM hoping it settles down. Physio said it was bruised so it was strained but not too bad since I can still run on it. Just hoping to get through the half without too much discomfort.
Gizmo

Post by Gizmo »

When do you do your half?
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

Gizmo wrote:When do you do your half?
20th of May lol!

Did 14km last week, 16 this week and 18 next so that will sort me out. Still haven't signed up, will do if I feel OK after this weeks long. Just want to get through it now that I'm carrying a little injury.
Gizmo

Post by Gizmo »

How were the long runs over the weekend Vil?

I did well in my 5km race this morning. Ran 18:01. So close to getting back into the 17's!
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

Gizmo wrote:How were the long runs over the weekend Vil?

I did well in my 5km race this morning. Ran 18:01. So close to getting back into the 17's!
Jebus lol! Well done!

16km's yesterday. I had a late night Friday and several beers, about 6 hours sleep and a round of golf then ran so it was a massive struggle! Will prepare better next week (18km) then have an easy week before the half.
Gizmo

Post by Gizmo »

Awesome work Vil 16km's is a massive effort! Espically considering you would of been dihydrated after tha alcohol and standing in the sun paying Golf.

My goal for the next race in 4 weeks time is to break 17:40. Km 2 and 3 on Sunday were between 3.40 and 3.45, I want to keep them sub 3.40. I'd like get some more longer runs in too. Really only got 2 weeks doing runs on the weekend of 10km+.

Is anyone else running or just Vil and I? I know W00dsy was doing it for a little while.
pab

Post by pab »

I run shorter distances (race over distances of 400 to 1600) but it's our off season now so I'm having a bit of a rest before I start to build a base for next season.
PB
Radioactive Race Engineering #16 / Lightning Karts KT100s #61
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

Thanks Giz, see how we go. I definitely didn't feel like I could do another 5km's last weekend lol.

What sort of training do you do for the shorter stuff Pab? Is it all track work?
pab

Post by pab »

These days I basically fit in whatever I can whenever I can, my family time basically dictates my training program. I'm just doing one or two track sessions a week with a couple of longer runs to go with it. Back when I took it more seriously we were training 6 times per week, with around 4 of those track sessions (but varying in volume and intensity).
PB
Radioactive Race Engineering #16 / Lightning Karts KT100s #61
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

6 days to go till the half - eek!

Did 18km's last weekend and am tapering this week so did 12km on the weekend.

The 18 was tough but I was tired and it was after work. The 12 I did a little quicker than the pace I want to go out at in the race and I felt strong, it wasn't easy but it felt pretty good.

Interesting thing not doing the distance till the day but I guess it'll make it more exciting :)
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

Did much better than I'd imagined I would. 1:52.48, an average of 5:16 per km over the 21km's.

It was pretty hilly and my aim was to get under 2 hours since it was my first so to smash that was pretty exciting. Pretty sore but nothing bad so back into it for the next one :)

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/179896053" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

Excellent work Mando :yes:
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Well done Man-do-Castella.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Gizmo

Post by Gizmo »

Awesome work man! Its good you beat your goal. How did the body pull up?
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

Thanks guys :)

Knee's were sore for a couple of days but everything otherwise was fine by Yesterday. Have had a nice slow run and a couple of runs on the indoor cycle at the gym without too much pain. Out for a run tonight so hopefully all back to normal by now.