NBA 2012 Playoffs

Cricket, footy, tennis, whatever
Shaun

NBA 2012 Playoffs

Post by Shaun »

So anyone been following this year? I have been watching all the Miami Heat games this year, even saw them live in Miami against Dallas and in New Jersey against the nets, was an awesome experience but anyway. Thought i would see if anyone else is following and who people are cheering for/ think is gonna take it out
Hello :aussie:
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Re: NBA 2012 Playoffs

Post by nutty »

Im a massive NBA fan, and been following it hardcore for the last few years.
Being a life long Lakers fan it was a disappointing end to the season for them, but I think the light is at the end of the tunnel, they will have to move Pau and/or Bynum and hopefully they can start rebuilding.

But over playoff have been very weird to say the least, but hey im enjoying it,

As far as who takes it out, Im really not sure.. its funny you have the Celtics/Spurs the old school experienced guys, play great half court basketball and you have the Thunder/Heat who are both run and gun teams.
Until I see game 1 of each im not sure who will win the series, I want to see if the Spurs can stop the Thunder running when they miss on those crazy jumpers they shoot when the rotate the ball.
And then I dont know if the Celtics can stop DWade/LBJ.

Its funny, the finals have a 50/50 chance of being a dud, if you get the Spurs/Celtics or Thunder/Heat series your going to see two simlar teams battle it out, otherwise it could just be a walk in the park for one team the otherway.
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

Really looking forward to Thunder Spurs, will be watching all of those for sure.
Have not been watching but have been following closely up till now, keeping track of it all with my Playoff tree. If the Sixers had gotten up today that would of gifted Miami a great run through but now they will have to work at it, especially if Bosch remains out injured. The Celtics do have a bunch of injuries of their own to though, with Bradley out and Allen hobbling, Wade could go nuts this series.
XLV SPORT
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

if Wade plays how he did in the last 3 games i can see Boston struggling to keep him out of the paint, and if they do it generally leaves the open 3 point shot so if the heat are firing look out. They didn't seem to bad without Bosh after the first game with him missing. The commentators keep saying if he comes back he will upset the balance but i think it will give LBJ and Dwade a well needed rest
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

So the Spurs are crushing the Thunder pretty easily.
Watched Game 1 and Manu Ginobli must be infuriating to guard, all herky jerky left handed flopping, crazy shots, elbows, werid angles, endless screens but deadly effective.
XLV SPORT
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

the spurs scare me, be interesting to see how they go against OKC when its not their home game, they haven't lost a playoff game yet though. Fark i hope OKC can at least take a couple of games off them so if they make the final they arent unbeatable (if heat get through if not i dont care lol)
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

Fo Fo Fo!

http://fo-fo-fo.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Although now its 4, 4, 4, 4 - the Spurs look the most likely to be able to sweep a full playoff run of any team since the Sixers.
XLV SPORT
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

And in the biggest conspiracy since the Knicks won the Patrick Ewing sweepstakes......

http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2012/story/ ... erall-pick" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The team the NBA owns till July has just won the Anthony Davies sweepstakes! I watched this guy play a few times last season and he is the sort of talent that makes scouts jizz in their pants, he is an awesome prospect. Charlotte needed him more, Brooklyn would of loved him to build around in their new building but how much does this add to the bottom line of the deal between the NBA and the Hornets new owner? 100 mill? 200? That team now actually matters so it is huge.
The guy buying the team is the owner of the NFL's Saints and desperately in need of a PR boost after all the stuff about bounties got out so he must be a happy boy tonight.
XLV SPORT
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

I mean the Knicks one was soo blatant it wasnt funny but this time around im not sure, deadspin had an post today which summed it up
http://deadspin.com/5914370/no-matter-w ... y-is-fixed" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

Was thinking the same, every team had an angle to it when you think about it.
XLV SPORT
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

Massive upsets in both Game 5s then. Would of been a sweet bet to win if you had $50 on it!
Also, I loved this:
[youtube] [/youtube]
XLV SPORT
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

fark i hate boston :'(
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Ive grown up a Lakers fan so I fucking hate boston, but for some reason I want to see the heat fail more... its weird thing cheering on Boston
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

haha, one of the blokes at work is a boston fan so hes giving me shit, gonna be sweating on the heat equalizing tomorrow but i doubt it, boston are bloody hard to beat at home. Was good to see OKC take out the spurs though, much prefer their style of play.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Hooray for heat equalizing, am watching game 7 atm, 1 point in it and its tough to watch, hope heat can pull through lol
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

such an intense game!
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

wwwwwwwwwoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :D
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Built vs Brought!

Cant wait
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

OKC in 6 i reckon, unfortunately
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Not really sure, I dont like the 2-3-2 finals format, seems silly in a world of private jets now.
I think if OKC hold home court for the first 2, its OKC in 6-7, if Miami steal a game in OKC then im going with Miami in 5

not sure why people are saying Miami in 7, I cant really see Miami winning in OKC in a game 7 without LBJ going 50/10/15
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Only thing i worry about for OKC is who defends LBJ? LeBron can rest of KD using Battier, but will KD have to pick up LBJ for every play?
I dont know OKC's rotations enough, but I wonder how they will give KD rest, prehaps slide him to the 4 and have Sefalosha on LBJ and Harden on Wade? or do they make Russ pickup Wade

Not sure...
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

KD spends heaps of time at the 4 and with Miami actually being pretty small I can see him spending 30+ minutes a night there, even with Bosch back. I wonder if OKC will try a bit of zone, Miami's 3 point shooting has been terrible so if you had to pick your poison at the moment, that might be the best bet. As for Miami, having Bosch back will help their transition defense as LBJ wont have to spend so much time rebounding so that will be critical to.

Actually, how many starters in this series actually have a dedicated position? It is hard to say exactly what James, Durant, Westbrook, Harden, Ibaka and Bosch play in a traditional sense. They are all hybrid players with the skills of smaller guys in much much bigger bodies.
XLV SPORT
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Todays game KD was just getting jumpshots everywhere, and when he wasnt westbrook was just pushing the lane pulling some crazy moves, LBJ and Wade both missing jump shots OKC should've really put a stamp on this game and smashed them, i think Miami got let off with only a small loss this game
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

So this series comes down to which team hits its jumpers game to game?
XLV SPORT
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Yep.. thats seriously what I think its going to come down too.

Honastlly, the 4th both KD and Russ took some really shitty shots.. at least LBJ was trying to get to the line.