England v South Africa 1st Test

Cricket, footy, tennis, whatever
Jiminee

England v South Africa 1st Test

Post by Jiminee »

http://www.espncricinfo.com/england-v-s ... 34225.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Quite a towelling the Poms received right there! An innings and 12 runs but in reality - damn near the same number of runs for 20 wickets compared to 2!
I can't say much else as I did not see any of the game but wow, what a flogging.
XLV SPORT
somebloke

Re: England v South Africa 1st Test

Post by somebloke »

I watched parts the last few days. I didn't think SA were going to get it done yesterday. I saw De Villiers drop Bell and then they survived a run out which probably should have been out. Couldn't believe it when i heard the result today. So glad though, i can't stand hearing about England being great at cricket even though their current team is actually not bad. Be good if they could have played our team about 10 years ago and got steam rolled by more then this!
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Yeah it was a hell of a kicking. It was only the first test but we really need to work out how to get them out or they'll tonk us in the series.
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
somebloke

Post by somebloke »

I'm concerned because they're in Australia this summer. It should be close but i think they're way better in the bowling department then us. Especially when their players stay fit and our fast bowlers are like an ice hockey line change per game.
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

They have been so hot and cold for the past 20 years though. Consistently amongst the top 3 Test teams for most of that time but never able to dominate as much as their talent suggests they might. I always got the feeling with them that they never really gel as a team, too many egos or something?
(Being on the take for a portion of that period never helps, especially when the captain is the ring leader).
XLV SPORT
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

They must be glad the Olympics are on so people wont notice these score lines. With any luck I'll be at the MCG on one of the days of the test. Just hope we are putting a good fight with the South Africaans.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

Id just like the POMMY team to be full of Poms...