Ashes Radio Coverage

Cricket, footy, tennis, whatever
Jiminee

Ashes Radio Coverage

Post by Jiminee »

Well as r8 pointed out in the other thread, there will no streaming of the ABC's coverage over the summer so what options do I have to listen to the cricket at work this season?
Being in a regional area we do not yet have digital radio coverage and in the past radio reception in our building has been crap, not to mention having to put up with endless news updates, the country hour and if there is a bushfire anywhere in this wide brown land - forget it.
So - suggestions please? Stream was bloody perfect - once again we are screwed by 'old media' though. :(
XLV SPORT
Dr. Pain

Re: Ashes Radio Coverage

Post by Dr. Pain »

I have no idea on this. I'm planning on just listening to ABC radio. The stream was much better as no country hour interruptions but the greedy fuckers killed that.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

I can not remember the last time I listened to a radio outside of a car though!
We have about 50/50 ratio of cricket fans in the office so everybody who wants to follow it is going to need to buy a radio......ggggggrrrrrr
XLV SPORT
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

I'm confused as all heck about this but there might be an audio stream through the CA website?
Hell I would pay for one if I could but seems the only way to do that is streaming video coverage, just not what I need.
It seems there are commercial radio stations (2UE?) that are also covering it but do they stream?
Apparently the ABC were looking to extend their Digital coverage in July 2012 so yeah, should not be long now........
XLV SPORT