2015 Rolex Sydney-Hobart

Cricket, footy, tennis, whatever
J.D.
Rat

Re: 2015 Rolex Sydney-Hobart

Post by J.D. »

There was no cameraman on that boat. It would be simply impossible to manage a full sized camera on a boat like that. The ones you see at the start on Wild Oats and Comanche are tossed off as soon as they leave the Harbour and even they are not using full sized cameras. Any vision shot during the race is done by crew members. This vision was shot by SBS reporter Nick Vindin (who did the race on Maserati this time). I'm sure all he used was a GoPro on a pole. That's what it looks like, anyway. The girl sitting near the hatch is a regular crew member. She's been with them for years but I don't know her. I know it isn't Vanessa Dudley, who has also been with them for a long time.
сначала мы убиваем американского лося и белку.

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell.

Proudly never a mod or admin at RSC from 2001 - 2009.
J.D.
Rat

Post by J.D. »

A bit of a late one but just announced that Bob Oatley has died:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-01-10/b ... es/7079448
сначала мы убиваем американского лося и белку.

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell.

Proudly never a mod or admin at RSC from 2001 - 2009.
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

At least he made it past the race.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.