When luck happens at the wrong time.

Cricket, footy, tennis, whatever
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

When luck happens at the wrong time.

Post by Hz-Lab »

So I've been playing golf for the last 6 months almost on a twice a week basis. I'm still a hack although improving slowly. Anyway, Today I managed a hole in one on a short 88m Par 3 at my local course. There was no skill about it, I tee'd off with the 9 and mildly jagged it to the left, into a gum tree which overhangs the side of the green. Got a good bounce, lands on the green and starts rolling. So I'm there thinking "sweeeet, nice birdie putt coming" but it was getting closer and closer to the pin, I was starting to get excited. And then it happened, it dropped. FUCKING BEAUTY!!!

I'm jumping around like a mad thing then I realized what just happened. I just hole'd it without a single other soul there to witness it! So whilst I'm celebrating, I'm coming to the harsh realization that I have no freakin proof! I did however make a video of my walk from the tee box to the hole where the ball was sitting, I also use a GPS tracker / golf app when playing which also could be used to show there was no backtracking. But you know what? I don't fucking care, It happened, I was there, it was awesome.

That ball was immediately retired and now sits on my mantel piece.

RAD!
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Re: When luck happens at the wrong time.

Post by ysu »

I did it all the time when I used to play golf. It was on the commodore amiga if I remember correctly :D
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

Was that accolades leaderboard? There was one hole on there I could ace every time
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

That's awesome and shit all at the same time!! I've never had a hole in one but got close once. It was also off a tree first haha.

Reminds me, I need to get out again.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Congrats :)
Minister for Religious Genocide.
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Hahaa, awesome bud. Frame that shit!
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

I had one when I was ~14. Tee'd off on a par 3 and the ball hit the flag on the full about halfway up and dropped dead in the hole. Couldnt believe it. Great feeling. Lucky for me, I was playing with 3 others.

I too still have the ball.

WD Hz :up:
--------------
Stu
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I'll never get one. The game for me is wack/fuck, *wack* Fuck! Where did that go?! :eyepop:
Minister for Religious Genocide.
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

Nice stuff HZ.

Like Bauer, In school, end of year activity's picked golf for 2 days, 1st day got a par3 hole in one and the teachers gave me a free meal from a fast food joint, few birdys.. next day was all rough with a cross wind.

Have not played since.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

I've been playing golf for 35 years including a stint where I played every day for about 5 years and I've never had a hole in one..

I must be shit!
eek
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

wobblysauce wrote:Nice stuff HZ.

Like Bauer, In school, end of year activity's picked golf for 2 days, 1st day got a par3 hole in one and the teachers gave me a free meal from a fast food joint, few birdys.. next day was all rough with a cross wind.

Have not played since.

Was there ever any doubt? :p
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

by the way, never had a hole in 1. But got a 2 on a 460m par 5. The group in front shat bricks when I yelled out fore!!!! Then laughed like idiots when the ball bounced just in front of the green and then rolled about 20m straight in the hole. I reckon it is the only time I absolutely nailed 2 shots in a row.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

pixelboy wrote:I've been playing golf for 35 years including a stint where I played every day for about 5 years and I've never had a hole in one..

I must be shit!
Lol there was no skill involved in this one, never you mind.

I personally think I would rather go through 35 years never making an ace, than hit one with no one to witness it. I'm not even telling anyone any more, you just feel like they think you are full of shit, which I normally am lol.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

That's awesome Hz! Well done. I reckon some would go their whole lives without ever getting one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

I went back on Monday and bogeyed it lol
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
kwijibo
Squatting Squirter

Post by kwijibo »

Me and my mates started up playing about 12 months ago. I'm completely addicted!

One of my mates got a hole in one on a 180m par 3 at Tea Tree Gully. It was awesome to witness.. rolled passed the hole, half way up the next tier of the green then turned around and rolled into the hole. He said we should make a deal that anyone who gets a hole in one should get shouted a carton by everyone else. I said sure.... from now on