2016 AFL Premiers - Western Bulldogs

Cricket, footy, tennis, whatever
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

2016 AFL Premiers - Western Bulldogs

Post by Duke »

I'm sorry but I just have to post this. Being a supporter of Footscray & now the Western Bulldogs since before I can remember, my Mum tells me I was about 4 when I decided, I just can't believe what they have done this year & today.
I've stuck with them through thick & thin (but I do admit some years I didn't care for Footy), through all the years & years of loosing, the league not wanting them & trying to merge them with Fitzroy, the 7 Elimination Final loses, having the longest Premiership drought in the VFL/AFL & the injuries especially this year. Then to now see them finally win a Premiership in an Epic Grand Final & in my lifetime is just unreal, I now know what it feels like for your team to win a Premiership.
As E.J. "Teddy" Whitten said "we stuck it up em, that's what we did!!!!" & "Winners are grinners, and losers can please themselves". So I guess every Dog does have it's day. :dog:

Image Image
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Re: 2016 AFL Premiers - Western Bulldogs

Post by r8response »

Still makes me laugh when people ask "Who are you going for today?"

I just blankly stare and ask "Support who for what now?"

The only think I can say, Is i'm glad it isn't Collingwood
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

And the stunning thing is - after simulcasting the game in HD last year Channel 7 resorted to their retarded old tricks and only showed the game in SD on their main channel - I dont know, maybe they wanted the Western Bulldogs to have a connection back to 1961 or something?

I know I bang on and on about this but the stupidity of it all just staggers me.So I stuck it up them and went off the grid and just watched the replay on Fox at 6.30 so I actually felt like it was 2016.
XLV SPORT
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

It was on in HD in Sydney.. Good game.. Happy to see the doggys get up!
eek
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

pixelboy wrote:It was on in HD in Sydney.. Good game.. Happy to see the doggys get up!
Of course it was. :bang:
XLV SPORT
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

I suppose it will be around the other way tomorrow for the NRL Grand Final, the guys in NSW and QLD will get SD whilst the 4 games a year guys like me will get to enjoy it live in HD.
Just so fucking stupid.
XLV SPORT
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Jiminee wrote:And the stunning thing is - after simulcasting the game in HD last year Channel 7 resorted to their retarded old tricks and only showed the game in SD on their main channel - I dont know, maybe they wanted the Western Bulldogs to have a connection back to 1961 or something?

I know I bang on and on about this but the stupidity of it all just staggers me.So I stuck it up them and went off the grid and just watched the replay on Fox at 6.30 so I actually felt like it was 2016.

Regional Jiminee? SD here as well. Fucking joke.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

I'm yet to see the tiger's do anything meaningful in my lifetime. I think I'll loose my shit if they ever win a GF.

Pretty impressive finals campaign from the bulldogs. It's certainly a win for the ages and I can imagine it's brought a lot of people a lot of joy.

Enjoy it Flinty, it's awesome.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Bulldogs are meant to be everyone's second team, but not me. Mine is Geelong in the VFL. It was a good game but for me it was filler til F1 got going.

Bring on the cricket! :vibes:
Minister for Religious Genocide.
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

pretty much everyone in Melbourne that wasn't a Swans fan jumped onboard the Doggies. It's not quite a Leicester story but they have come from a long way back, they've never really been a front running club having only won a single premiership flag. The best thing about the club is no one hates them, they've never made enemies because they've never been that good, because every year they've just been trying to survive. And their supporters never turn on them like we are seeing with teams like Richmond. They stick with them through all the low moments so it's good to see them pull off a massive achievement given the dominance of some of the more financial clubs over the last decade or two.

Also Luke Beveridge made lots of grown men cry, that guy is a fucking champ. For those that don't know Bob Murphy is a loyal veteran and captain of the club and when they finally tasted success he was out injured, and you could see the bittersweet emotion on his face when they won. After Beveridge thanked everyone he told Murphy to get up there with him and took his medal off and gave it to him. You could see the change in Murphys demeanour. It was one of the best things i've seen at a Grand Final. That moment represented the whole club and it's fans, loyalty until the end.

Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

norbs wrote:
Jiminee wrote:And the stunning thing is - after simulcasting the game in HD last year Channel 7 resorted to their retarded old tricks and only showed the game in SD on their main channel - I dont know, maybe they wanted the Western Bulldogs to have a connection back to 1961 or something?

Regional Jiminee? SD here as well. Fucking joke.
I am regional yeah but I believe it was the same throughout South Australia - we get 7, 7mate and 7two.
It is all just a numbers game, trying to appeal to advertisers but their pig headed arrogance will eventually do them in, same for all old media types.
XLV SPORT
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Loved that the dogs won. Brilliant story it just felt like they wanted it more. Also happy i have a footy signed by all the dogs from 2016 so now i have a footy signed by the premiers!!ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Hello :aussie:
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

I was barracking for them, they just seemed irresistible all finals campaign. It was good to watch the after match scenes as well, just the pure elation and how much it meant to all of them.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Awesome Shaun, so you a Doggies supporter too & how did you score that? (If you don't mind me asking).
Dukester

Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Actually I'm a power supporter. The wife won it on a fb comp (what a surprise) i love footy though so definitely going to keep it. Sure it will be worth more now but that doesn't mean anything to me

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Nice win!!!
Dukester

w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

Shaun wrote: The wife won it on a fb comp (what a surprise)

are you sure she's not just stealing shit and saying she keeps winning? :D Is entering competitions her full time job?
Shaun

Re: RE: Re: 2016 AFL Premiers - Western Bulldogs

Post by Shaun »

w00dsy wrote:
Shaun wrote: The wife won it on a fb comp (what a surprise)

are you sure she's not just stealing shit and saying she keeps winning? :D Is entering competitions her full time job?
Haha not positive. But she has a full time job haha

Bails MacKenzie

Post by Bails MacKenzie »

It's the first time in years that I've given a stuff about the Grand Final.
Grandad used to be in the same Army unit with Charlie Sutton and that led to me being a 3rd generation Bulldogs fan.
And aside from the time I hitch hiked a lift with some female dancers back from the Grand Final footy show, for me this has been the best thing that's happened in Footy.