Cricket 2016/2017

Cricket, footy, tennis, whatever
Dr. Pain

Cricket 2016/2017

Post by Dr. Pain »

Well one test into the season and it's handbags at 10 paces. It's all fucked and heads should be rolling! ect...

South Africa do well at the WACA as it's pretty much similar to their home conditions, and we played like shit. You can't have a batting collapse and expect to win.

Not sure how much action will happen in Tassie, it's looking pretty wet for a few days down there.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
pixelboy

Re: Cricket 2016/2017

Post by pixelboy »

Yeah, they look like losing about 2 days play :-(
eek
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

5 for 17, WFT is that shit?!

I'd expect that in a local juniors game :bang:
Jamo

Post by Jamo »

They're rubbish.
Fucking great this I reckon. Cricket Australia is in dire need of a big broom through it. Starting with the mincing hippies in the 'High Performance' dept.
I drink a great deal, I sleep a little and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two hundred percent form - Sir Winston Churchill
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

Pathetic.
Some great fielding on display by South Africa though
XLV SPORT
Jamo

Post by Jamo »

Now The Proteas are wobbly.

Nice to see Starc turn up for the first time this series.
I drink a great deal, I sleep a little and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two hundred percent form - Sir Winston Churchill
Montey

Post by Montey »

Cricket Australia is just a marketing machine, and their selection policies reflect this. The only thing that matters for them is branding and sponsorship opportunities, so they pick the same-old household names time and again whether they perform or not just so they can ensure another round of Swisse commercials. Like so many organisations that become about the money and become guided by "brand consultants", they lose sight of the fact that performance generates long term interest, which is what generates brand loyalty; unfortunately "brand consultants" are after short term gains to justify their fees, but this is at the expense of long term performance.
- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

It is far from the main problem but since the start of the Sri Lankan tour Nathan Lyon has been bloody ordinary and bordering on terrible.
He is bowling one bad ball every over and is obsessed the round the wicket, middle and leg line and he just gets picked off so easily - no wonder Steve Smith was so reluctant to bowl him in Perth. He never looks the least bit dangerous and has stopped taking wickets.
XLV SPORT
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Yeah well bowled.

What a fucking joke! I don't blame the players so much as I'm sure they are trying but the system is flawed. It's evident when we bat that we expect it to come onto the bat and hold it's line. So many went out going to hard at the bat and thinking they need to hit every ball. They need to learn the skill of leaving it alone!

Now I'm fucking grumpy! :grumpy:
Montey

Post by Montey »

Yeah, pretty pissed at that result.

South Africa would get better competition during some of their tour games, against state and regional teams.
- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
Jamo

Post by Jamo »

Good old Jim, diplomatic as always. Fucking Disgrace I would say.
norbs

Post by norbs »

Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Well this has happened...

Hasn't been so many changes made to the team since World Series Cricket took players :yikes:
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

I reckon South Africa outsmarted themselves there for two reasons:

-First up, under lights was the best chance to get Warner out. Plus it now looks like they were dodging him so you just poked the bear for when he does bat.

-Two, Warner never faces the first ball, he always leaves that to his partner - in this case a 20yo debutante. I would have backed myself, up 2-0 in the series to make a rookie face the first ball and have Warner out there.

I can see what they were thinking but sometimes you can easily out cute yourself.
XLV SPORT
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

It wasn't just about Warner.. It was about having a crack at the Australian batsman at night rather than waiting until tomorrow just for a few more runs.

Anyway, it failed and we are looking good! Cmon lad's!
eek
Jamo

Post by Jamo »

Really enjoying this, cracking game.

This Handscomb lad is really something. His style is so unorthodox it's almost grating to watch as a purist, but damn he's a fine Batsman. I've just got to get used to that insane backlift.
Jamo

Post by Jamo »

Blimey the Black Caps are looking damn good, sensational bowling!!!
norbs

Post by norbs »

Skull!!!!

Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Best one day innings I've ever seen! Bloody brilliant Steve Smith! :bow:
Jamo

Post by Jamo »

Yep he got a life and boy did he make em pay for it.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Don't you wish they still made them like this? :D

Jamo

Post by Jamo »

Thommo = Freakin Legend.

This is a cracking Test really enjoying it. The little Paki buggers are really digging in and have a red hot crack. Great stuff!

Test Cricket, the greatest game of all.
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

Frustrating end to the night last night but good that we've got a game in the end. Today should be a good watch.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

The longer this goes on, I want Pakistan to do it. 490 in the 4th innings will make the next two games really good.