Cricket, cricket, cricket.....

Cricket, footy, tennis, whatever
VTRacing
Team Pedant (c)

Re: Cricket, cricket, cricket.....

Post by VTRacing »

Dr. Pain wrote:Hobart have a few speed demons in their bowling attack now. Tymal Mills is one bowler who can throw them down fast but he has a spinal issue at agitates his spinal cord. So his 4 day career ended a couple of years ago and he became a T-20 bowler and made a lazy $2.3 mill in the IPL this year.
I was really impressed with Jofra Archer too, who bowls as fast or faster than Mills but makes it look effortless.

It's just insane the amount of money spent in the IPL.
:teach:
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

The worrying thing for us is Jofra is going through the process of being able to play for England, he's got 3 years to go :yikes:
Minister for Religious Genocide.
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

Yeah Jofra looks really good, looks to bowl 140 plus easy, which means he should be able to do it accurately to. Can apparently bat a bit to.
XLV SPORT
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

For those who dont know, this is Jofra in action in England. What gets me is the ease at which he bowls. It looks effortless and it's fast.

Ignore the music
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

Good arm speed.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

:rofl: Warner skies one to mid on, out for 99 and is angry, the poms roar... but wait no ball! MCG explodes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got to be one of the loudest cheers I've heard, right up with Warnes 700th wicket and Starc's yorker to McCullem.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Pity it was a no ball. That Warner is another Hayden, a flat track bully. Cant stand the bloke.

Once again, another road for the batsmen. I wish they would make pitches that were difficult to bat on, for at least a session.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I have no problem with this pitch as it's different today to yesterday. But I think a number of issues dictate what type of pitch we get. Cricket Australia want bums on seats and groundsmen seem to lack courage to make a pitch of old. If we got a green top and England get us cheap in the first innings, the groundsmen would be shit canned for it. The longer teams can bat the more bums on seats to fill these football grounds.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Oohhh one thing about to happen...

Bird to Root
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Cook, what a knock.

Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

Great day for the poms.. Good to see. Only one team can win now..
eek
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Yeah cracking day for them, funny Cook could go the whole test on the field
Montey

Post by Montey »

Well done Cook, he's really put England on top in this test match - except it's supposed to rain for big chunks of today and parts of tomorrow - this test is going to be a draw.
- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

It's a shame that Root couldn't show some bollocks today and attack the Australian batsmen. Most of the time he only had one slip!!

Smith would of had 3 or 4 around the bat. That is one of the key differences in attitudes in this series.
eek
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Not sure that would have helped them Pix. They don't have a decent spinner who can create bounce to make those positions possible. On a pitch like that you want someone who can over spin top spinners. Get the batters adjusting up and it messes them up.
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Another crappy MCG pitch was the problem
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I wonder if the groundsman is being told to make these roads to get bums on seats for as many days as possible? The pitches they use in the shield games are better but still not great.
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

It might not of helped but at least it would of shown intent. Yes ultimately the pitch was to blame but the field he was setting was defensive.. What's the point of that?

Get your seamers bowling at or just outside off stump and have three slips and a gully!
eek
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

Dr. Pain wrote:I wonder if the groundsman is being told to make these roads to get bums on seats for as many days as possible? The pitches they use in the shield games are better but still not great.
I expected the entire season to be like that and it has mostly been true - the TV deal is coming up next year right? Need as good numbers as possible leading into that. Could be a big moment for the future of the game in Australia.

I was thinking yesterday that 'soon' the Boxing Day test may be the last of the summer to give the BBL the maximum exposure and get the big names involved - they are going to want to expand it and that seems like the most obvious way. A near month long BBL from New Years Eve through to Australia Day?
XLV SPORT
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

The rights are up for next year and it seems channel 9 doesn't want to pay the asking price. I think the Boxing Day and New Year test will stay. It does leave most of January open for 1 day and T-20. T-20 is where the money is and we get exposure as it's one of the best, if not the best league. The crowds will be low for the 5 1 day games I feel. T-20 is $20 a ticket and $45 for a family of 4. People are going to it as it's 4 hours or so and in the evening.

I think the format we have will last a while. It covers all three formats well.
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

But who actually gives a crap about the ODIs? They have a purpose but they are no way memorable - saying that, they should/will stay.
The stuff that should get cut is the international T20s - T20 works best in the club/city format so hopefully that grows and the internationals go away save for the 3 yearish World Cup.
XLV SPORT
Bauer

Cricket, cricket, cricket.....

Post by Bauer »

Without considering money or politics, domestic 50 over cricket should go and leave only 4 day and T20. Those 2 should be used for selecting international 5 day test and 50 over teams with no international T20. You should be good enough to adapt to the longer international version yet still play in a similar manner.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
--------------
Stu
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

The marquee match of Australia’s home summer schedule – the annual day Boxing Day Test in Melbourne – could be stripped from the MCG if there are repeats of this year’s sub-standard pitch that has been formally rated as ‘poor’ by the International Cricket Council.

https://www.cricket.com.au/news/mcg-pit ... 2018-01-02
eek
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Good, it might wake them up a bit. It's a test and I thought the pitch was ok, nothing great, for the first two days but it didn't change after that. At least make day 4 show signs of going to all hell, then day 5 it's full of snakes, tigers and land mines.
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

Bit of green for day one is also nice..
eek