Optimising the V8 mod

ISI's new sim rFactor
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Re: Optimising the V8 mod

Post by DexterPunk »

I'm not that sure you'd see a difference between stud and one laser scanned... Although it would be that little bit more accurate, stu did an awesome job... I'm pretty sure he had
maps to a res of 5m so the basic rises and falls should be there... And he had a shit load of photos as well. I think codemasters still has the rights to Bathurst.
[RSR] Shags

Post by [RSR] Shags »

Mmmm shame...

Ok so anywho.... Will we see any of you fellas in our rFactor server anytime soon?
We have a fun run night this friday night 16-10-9...
Kind Regards, Phill Routledge. www.redlinesimracers.com
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Dex - I always thought Stu said a bit of the track was off - a fair few meters too short or something. I think it between the cutting and mcphillamy somewhere?
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

i actually havnt chatted to stu for a little while...

it does ring a bell that he may have said something like that at some point. Ill ask him if i see him online. I guess i just know how hard he worked on that track to get it as accurate as he could with the tools he had.. i remember him sending me uber alphas of it where if you drove off the track youd fall into infinite space :D And that was probably 12 months before its release. I think hes just a bit of a perfectionist, and would be being a bit modest. Its certain its not perfect, but perhaps for that one stuff up, it would be damn close. What he would never have been able to get right, is all the little bumps on the track surface that could upset breaking points and such stuff... i think that would be the most noticable difference with a laser scanned version.

I may eventually jump in for some fun Shags (pun intended), but flat out finishing off my uni degree right now.
[RSR] Shags

Post by [RSR] Shags »

DexterPunk wrote:I may eventually jump in for some fun Shags (pun intended), but flat out finishing off my uni degree right now.
We would love to see you on track with us mate... :yes:
Kind Regards, Phill Routledge. www.redlinesimracers.com
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

Pretty sure Bathurst has been scanned but who by and who for remains a mystery that will be revealed soon hopefully. I have no idea but its a great prospect.
XLV SPORT
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

I hope it's iRacing :D