Spa rFactor 2

ISI's new sim rFactor
Dr. Pain

Spa rFactor 2

Post by Dr. Pain »

[youtube] [/youtube]

I hope all the road side objects are solid because that would make life interesting around there.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Re: Spa rFactor 2

Post by Exar Kun »

Nice. Good move on their behalf trying to appeal to the GPL market. I won't have the time to play this but I'm glad someone is revisiting the old stuff.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

there is no comparison, even just looking at the old tracks vs the new ones, the older have a charm. Yes I know they changed a lot because of 'Safety'.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

wobblysauce wrote:there is no comparison, even just looking at the old tracks vs the new ones, the older have a charm. Yes I know they changed a lot because of 'Safety'.
The older was also x-long an boring around 90% of the track ;)
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

Yeah it's great they're doing this and it'll be interesting to see if they've moved their rather dubious physics engine up a few steps. rFactor was great fun to play online but it was always a bit artificial.

It's hard to tell from that youtube video but I'm a bit disappointed with the graphics. ISI seem incapable of handling light in their games which always made them look weird. rFactor had a really bizarre blue tint over everything and some of the shadowing was inexplicable. From the screenshots I've seen I was hoping they had brought that aspect up to date too but I'm not sure from this.

Still, assuming they're sticking with the concept of the original I think it'll do well, especially if they target the GPL crowd who must have run out of things to mod by now :D

Edit: Just seen this - which looks rather tasty :D

[youtube] [/youtube]
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

durbster wrote:Yeah it's great they're doing this and it'll be interesting to see if they've moved their rather dubious physics engine up a few steps. rFactor was great fun to play online but it was always a bit artificial.

It's hard to tell from that youtube video but I'm a bit disappointed with the graphics. ISI seem incapable of handling light in their games which always made them look weird. rFactor had a really bizarre blue tint over everything and some of the shadowing was inexplicable. From the screenshots I've seen I was hoping they had brought that aspect up to date too but I'm not sure from this.
Yeah that rf2 gfx has some strange look to it. Cartoon-ish. Maybe over-coloured, saturated?

Hm...with the rain, something is wrong; it sits on the helmet visor in droplets even at 200km/h :)
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Modders seem to be able to make rF look good. It's only ISI who give the cartoonish look to everything. The VLM Le Mans looked fantastic.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

rFactor mods look quite life like, but a side effect the mod sizes are quite high Vs ISI Car/Tracks, because there is a lot more detail.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Woodee
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Woodee »

Thing I am wondering is... why aren't the VLN boys in their graphics department? Rf2 would look lovely then!
My Fundraising Journey

Raised over £1000 for the Scoliosis Campaign Fund from 2011-2013.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Woodee wrote:Thing I am wondering is... why aren't the VLN boys in their graphics department? Rf2 would look lovely then!
At least they've got The_Lonely working on the tracks
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

I thought he was working with Reiza Studio's more, they do have SLN though. Scott_J is a good track maker though, so he should be able to push things in that department. I'm sure some modders already have the tools to start work on rf2 mod's as well.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Maybe it was SLN, hard too keep up with whose doing what these days
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

For a long while it wasn't really possible to seperate SLN and the_lonely, they worked together closely. There is proberly cross-over with the 2 anyway
Durrie

Post by Durrie »

Malmedy and Masta look like a dodle in this remake. I don't think they were in real life and I certainly never found them easy in GPL.

Fantastic to have an upgrade for GPL junkies, but what does rF2 do for a 67 GP series that rF1 couldn't? What I mean is, what parts of rF2 is this showcasing...I always thought rF was a base for mods. I'm surprised a 67 series this hasn't been done sooner.
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

Wow, maybe I'd be happy to sacrifice graphics quality for all the funky new features.

iRacing is really going to have to get weather implemented asap before they fall too far behind the competition.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

It really depends on the underlying engine (physics handling, bugs, etc). All the features won't mean anything if they can't put a good engine together.
We've all learned not to anticipate too much based on a few images/videos, haven't we? ;)
Sambo
Horse
Horse

Post by Sambo »

Not me, the only thing missing from those pictures is a lightsabre. If they had that I would have already signed up for the ultimate premium super limited 1 of 50 edition that costs more than the system that you use to play the game with that also includes a bonus stupidly sharp key ring that stabs you when ever you attempt to move.
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

this is an early rain test

[youtube] [/youtube]
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

Wow, that looks much better than when I posted it a couple of days ago :D
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

oh
Sambo
Horse
Horse

Post by Sambo »

Jeeez Coopz again?
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

You'd expect better from a moderator really.
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

watching it again... they still cant turn the corner.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

Sambo
Horse
Horse

Post by Sambo »

durbster wrote:You'd expect better from a moderator really.
Yeah moderator, more like dumberator.