RFACTOR 2 Trailer

ISI's new sim rFactor
Woodee
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Re: RFACTOR 2 Trailer

Post by Woodee »

they havent shown any post processing effects in their videos yet I think.

I would prefer something a bit easier on the eye... maybe it is just me getting old
My Fundraising Journey

Raised over £1000 for the Scoliosis Campaign Fund from 2011-2013.
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Fuck eye candy!

Give me a game as enjoyable as LFS was for 5 years. Hell, release a dozen more tracks and I'll get another 5 years out of it. I downloaded CARS the other day, on the lowest graphics setting the frame rate was still absolutely terrible. Binned. My PC plays iRacing on full wiizzbang effects no problem at all.

As far as I'm concerned, graphics don't need to look any better than LFS for driving games. What's the point of awesome gfx if you need to spend $$$ on a high end machine to play it. There goes half your market.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

The point is using today's technology. That really should not need explanation ;)

CARS is in development, very much unoptimised, etc. You can't expect it to run as smooth as a product which is on the market for 3-4 years now.
Not to mention that the level of eye candy is just not on the same level - it'll probably never run the same.

However, they are very clever to develop for today's machines. These will be last year's hardware by the time the product is final...see where we're heading? :)
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

broke?
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

EJ, list a quick system spec of your PC.

Cars runs fine for me.. better then 2010 ever did.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Mr.Ferret

Post by Mr.Ferret »

Think of it this way guys. Iracing and cars need to do seperate versions of there tracks for night day wet and dry. They need to change the lighting and the textures to make a night version. There are so many tricks they can do to cut corners like texturing on shadows to static models which don't move, if the sun never mods they never have to render it can make it a part of the model and make it good.

Rf2 doesn't have this luxury everthing will be dynamic and it will all effect the car. Even the positions of clouds over the Tarmac will alter the track temperature. Dynamic lighting and hdr look great but they don't really matter at 1 in the afternoon, throw in some dynamic cloud and weather as a long race decends into darkness and the headlights start coming on...it's gonna look damn good
iRacing Name - Joshua Brown2
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/1 ... -open-beta" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Opened up some downloads for rF2 now, but the .exe isnt availible... just the cars/tracks. .exe will be availible after the holidays it says.
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

cool beans!

Oh and for Wobbly!
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2100 CPU @ 3.10GHz, 3100 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
AMD Radeon HD 6450 1GB

Probably wont run rfactor :/
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

That should run rFactor, just turn down some of the pretties!
Mr.Ferret

Post by Mr.Ferret »

im really looking forward to this, would love to organize a MNR style mini series for the Megane in this or even a driver swap megane and formula renault haha
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

Mr.Ferret wrote:Think of it this way guys. Iracing and cars need to do seperate versions of there tracks for night day wet and dry. They need to change the lighting and the textures to make a night version. There are so many tricks they can do to cut corners like texturing on shadows to static models which don't move, if the sun never mods they never have to render it can make it a part of the model and make it good.

Rf2 doesn't have this luxury everthing will be dynamic and it will all effect the car. Even the positions of clouds over the Tarmac will alter the track temperature. Dynamic lighting and hdr look great but they don't really matter at 1 in the afternoon, throw in some dynamic cloud and weather as a long race decends into darkness and the headlights start coming on...it's gonna look damn good
It's a good point but modern graphics cards can do that stuff without breaking sweat. GTAIV and Just Cause 2, for example, can do all the weather and time of day effects, and they look fantastic. It's not like they're just graphics demos as well, there's a lot of other sophisticated stuff going on.

Having said that, they also have enormous teams and budgets, so it's perhaps an unfair comparison... :sunny:
Mr.Ferret

Post by Mr.Ferret »

Well yeah its easy to do the effects when they are scripted. It's alot hard to do not only the graphics effects dynamically but also the consequenses of them which is the big thing that rfactor is doing
VIPEROSI

Post by VIPEROSI »

One of the latest trailers that was released with the historic spa/formula 1 trailer in the other thread.

Its pretty repetitive and after a minute or 2 you dont need to bother watching the rest of it as its the same sort of thing again and again.

[youtube] [/youtube]

Im a bit concerned about the amount of flex in those tyres and how they are almost acting like bouncy balls on that formula renault 3.5.

Here is some more info on the beta

The Open Beta release of rFactor 2 is quickly closing in and to shorten the remaining waiting time, ISI has released some new details on what’s included in the beta.

While the beta comes with limited content (as outlined here), there’s no shortage of features as ISI’s Scott Juliano has confirmed the following features to be available in the beta:

Single Player
Multi Player
Developer mode
Development Tools
What Documentation we have for those tools to date (in the WIP state)
Rain
Wet/Dry track transition
Dynamic track elements (Groove/Marbles)
New Tire Model
New physics
New Collision
HDR (with other Post FX to come)
Access to beta updates and new/updated content as they become available

Some of the features are not fully complete, hence the beta status. ISI expects the beta phase to last around six months, that’s why beta users will be receiving an additional six months of online account service to make sure they don’t use up their 12 months before regular customers come in.

Interestingly, ISI is willing to offer a refund to beta users who are unhappy with what they’re receiving, lowering the risk for sim racers interested in giving the beta a shot.

In terms of the all-important “when?” question, ISI has once again stated that all depends on the successful testing of the release candidate. According to Scott Juliano, “early January” would be a realistic time frame so sim racers should stop holding their breath waiting for the beta to become available within the hour – It’s still a few days away.

Here is autosimsport's review of the beta http://issuu.com/autosimsportmediallc/d ... t_vol6num1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
the rfactor article is on page 16
Mr.Ferret

Post by Mr.Ferret »

I've read that the tires where underinflated a bit to show it off and the lateral visual deformation of the tire just needs to be turned on.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

IF this drives as well as it looks, iracing are going to be in a world of hurt.
VIPEROSI

Post by VIPEROSI »

Yeah i was wondering if they had done that to the tyres neil but had decided in my head that it would be counter productive if they had, obviously i was wrong lol.

They described the experience of the beta as leaving them breathless at autosimport. I think its going to be Rfactor 2 and AC that will blow us away this year and possibly gtr3 if the rest of the experience lives up to its incredible sound clip.

Its been so long im not even sure what it would be like to race online without bullshit incident points lol
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

i may not be allowed to say this, but if you are a fan of Fangio, James Hunt, and Senna, or the years in which they are well known for, you will like some of the extra content that is coming that hasn't been shown yet ;) Shhh, tis a secret.
Mr.Ferret

Post by Mr.Ferret »

any idea when its out, im basically sitting here head-butting my G25 and hitting F5 on their forum.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Mr.Ferret wrote:any idea when its out, im basically sitting here head-butting my G25 and hitting F5 on their forum.
That'll damage your wheel. Load up nkp instead, and join us - tuesday is nkp night :)
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Mr.Ferret

Post by Mr.Ferret »

ysu wrote:
Mr.Ferret wrote:any idea when its out, im basically sitting here head-butting my G25 and hitting F5 on their forum.
That'll damage your wheel. Load up nkp instead, and join us - tuesday is nkp night :)
i'ld have to buy the full version haha
VIPEROSI

Post by VIPEROSI »

w00dsy wrote:i may not be allowed to say this, but if you are a fan of Fangio, James Hunt, and Senna, or the years in which they are well known for, you will like some of the extra content that is coming that hasn't been shown yet ;) Shhh, tis a secret.
Frothing at the mouth!
VIPEROSI

Post by VIPEROSI »

It will probably come out 2moro after i say this...but they really shouldnt promise "a few days" if its going to be a couple of weeks into january after already postponing the pre christmas release.

Better to underpromise and overdeliver! Frustrating waiting for this thing
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Next few days this should become available. There's talk of Monday or Wednesday.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
Woodee
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Woodee »

Dr. Pain wrote:Next few days this should become available. There's talk of Monday or Wednesday.
Yes... but not necessarily the monday and wednesday next week.... taken out of context I believe :)
My Fundraising Journey

Raised over £1000 for the Scoliosis Campaign Fund from 2011-2013.