installing rf on win7

ISI's new sim rFactor
TIMMY30

installing rf on win7

Post by TIMMY30 »

Hey all,
I know your all playing iracing but i dont have a decent net connection available where i live currently. so rfactor it is!
I stumbled upon this thread http://insidesimracing.tv/forums/viewto ... 140&t=2886" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; while researching rfactor.
Can anyone shed some light on this UAC stuff?. It sounds as though i have to remember to install every mod as admin and remember to run the exe as admin everytime i launch. Whats the deal here?

Cheers all, Tim
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Re: installing rf on win7

Post by r8response »

Turning UAC off completely solves that issue for me. Usually one of the first things i do when it comes to a new Win7 installation.
TIMMY30

Post by TIMMY30 »

Hey r8. Thanks. Ive read alot of stuff saying turning it off is damn stupid. i was leaning towards turning it off anyways... 98% of the time my pc wont even be connected to the net anyway and will only have rfactor/lfs on it.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

oh and we don't all play iRacing :)
we're playing netkar pro as well ;)
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

TIMMY30 wrote:Hey r8. Thanks. Ive read alot of stuff saying turning it off is damn stupid. i was leaning towards turning it off anyways... 98% of the time my pc wont even be connected to the net anyway and will only have rfactor/lfs on it.
The way I see it, UAC is there to try and stop your average PC user from opening an email, downloading the attachment and starting it.
TIMMY30

Post by TIMMY30 »

r8response wrote:
TIMMY30 wrote:Hey r8. Thanks. Ive read alot of stuff saying turning it off is damn stupid. i was leaning towards turning it off anyways... 98% of the time my pc wont even be connected to the net anyway and will only have rfactor/lfs on it.
The way I see it, UAC is there to try and stop your average PC user from opening an email, downloading the attachment and starting it.
Yeah. to me it looks kinda like something to stop people opening/downloading things from suspect sites. I went 3 years without so much as even an anti virus program and not once did i get any viruses or have any problems. i should be fine.
TIMMY30

Post by TIMMY30 »

ysu wrote:oh and we don't all play iRacing :)
my mistake haha. what i meant was most people seem to have abandoned rfactor :)
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

TIMMY30 wrote:
Add LFS and nKPro to the abandoned list. LFS' aussie community is almost dead, nKPro never really had one to start with.
TIMMY30

Post by TIMMY30 »

r8response wrote:
TIMMY30 wrote:
Add LFS and nKPro to the abandoned list. LFS' aussie community is almost dead, nKPro never really had one to start with.
in my opinion the aussie lfs community was in its absolute prime in s1 and for maybe 18 months after s2 was released. I stopped playing around 4 years ago alot due to the fact the online community wasnt as strong as it once was. Finally ive got time to get back into sim racing and i live somewhere unable to get a decent net connection. So after going to race centre here on the gold coast ( http://www.racecentre.com.au" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ) which was awesome fun with the simworx s02 motion simulators using rfactor (they have every mod under the sun) i couldnt help but get back into simracing as i cant afford to go to race centre 3 times a week haha.
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

Same as R8, UAC off no more issues.

Timmy, Which RF mods are you looking into?
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
TIMMY30

Post by TIMMY30 »

Hey wobbly,
Fvr v8 mod first and foremost. Think ill try and find a DTM mod and carrera cup. anything tin top. not keen on open wheelers at all. If you have any suggestions. Shoot :).

Also can someone tell me how mods work exactly. Say with v8's is the 'mod' just a ford and a holden car then you need to download tracks and skins? Only having ever played lfs where the only thing you ever installed were setups and skins. I am very taken aback by all this mod stuff. The last thing i wanna do is build my rig and cockpit then sit there trying to work out whats going on for 4 hours!!

Tim
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Skip the FVR mod and go straight to ORSM.
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

AS again with R8... for V8SupersCabs.. ORSM all the way..

Been a while since I have been with the eaoutlaws.. but there is or at least was a good community of people out there willing to help people with all sorts of stuff.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
TIMMY30

Post by TIMMY30 »

What makes the ORSM mod better than the FVR?.
StanDaam

Post by StanDaam »

Heya Timmy! rfactor is awesome IMHO, less serious than iracing and more fun (flame on!) :nod:
Yeah like the guys said ORSM is a better V8 mod and has picked up wider acceptance. And yep EAO quick races being a great place to start (very tough standard most nights).
http://www.eaoutlaws.com
If you want some longer races, 1 hour etc, then feel free to visit hardcore for Friday nights (my gang)
http://www.hardcoreonlinegaming.com
or Team oz for wednesday nights
http://teamoz.com.au

We are mainly racing V8's atm, but we've just finished the GT3's and PCC comps
TIMMY30

Post by TIMMY30 »

Everything i seem to find on ORSM seems to be pre 2011?. Am i missing something?. FVR seem to be constantly updating and are already working towards an rfactor 2 mod aswell. Im pretty sure i read somewhere ORSM were not doing anything rfactor related anymore?.

If i had an internet connection capable of online gaming id be going iracing for sure. But until then its single player RFactor :).
StanDaam

Post by StanDaam »

Ohhh single player... Thats the thing you do to practice for online yeah? :) If it's just for that then don't expect too much from the rfactor AI (unless your willing to tweak...) Go the FVR then but I reckon its a waste cause if your gunna race offline then eventually you'll wanna test yourself online with real opposition (even if you prefer iracing, you might wanna race V8s on Australian tracks one day :tilt: ) If you practice ORSM then you'll be good to go for a pick up race at EAO when you get some net connection... You can't practice iracing offline?

Here's the ORSM link

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21198888 ... taller.exe
TIMMY30

Post by TIMMY30 »

Yeah mate. offline :(. I guess ill just put the AI on 110% and aim to beat them by a country mile to be ready for online racing haha :).
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

TIMMY30 wrote:Yeah mate. offline :(. I guess ill just put the AI on 110% and aim to beat them by a country mile to be ready for online racing haha :).

rFactor AI are completely random, can't pass cleanly, run into you, don't know how to race cleanly. By the time you get to online, you'll be ready :D
TIMMY30

Post by TIMMY30 »

r8response wrote:
TIMMY30 wrote:Yeah mate. offline :(. I guess ill just put the AI on 110% and aim to beat them by a country mile to be ready for online racing haha :).

rFactor AI are completely random, can't pass cleanly, run into you, don't know how to race cleanly. By the time you get to online, you'll be ready :D
Ah well.. ill see how i go hey. I dont really have much choice considering all the exchanges in my area are full :(.