rFactor settings

ISI's new sim rFactor
SE1Z

rFactor settings

Post by SE1Z »

Might be an idea to create a sticky with the FFB settings and any other fiddly things needed to tweak rFactor to 'feel' better.
I'm guessing there will be a few more ppl buying it now the V8 mod is out, would be nice to be able to come here and set it all up before getting the shits with the game and giving up.

Just a thought.... :)
Steve
---
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

Thought it a good idea to include this from Sterling.
Try and keep this sort of thing in the one thread for easy access.
Sterling wrote:Yep FFB out of the box is very squishy and lacking decent front grip feel, cant quite remember what I adjusted but here is my FFB settings in my controller.ini file........I have distinct oversteer/understeer feeling with these settings .....something I've never been able to achieve in rF before version 1150 was released. I also noticed I had to reduce the speed sensitivity adjustment quite a bit in the controller options for the V8 mod, something I haven't needed to do for any other mod.

Code: Select all

[ Force Feedback ]
FFB Device Type="1" // Type of FFB controller: 0=none 1=wheel, 2=stick/custom, 3=rumble pad.
FFB Effects Level="4" // Number of FFB effects to use: 0=No Effects, 1=Low, 2=Medium, 3=High, 4=Full, 5=Custom.
FFB Gain="0.80690" // Strength of Force Feedback effects.  Range 0.0 to 1.0.
FFB Ignore Controllers="0" // Do not use FFB on: 1=controller1, 2=controller2, 4=controller3 (or add values to ignore multiple controllers)
FFB Throttle FX on steer axis="1" // 0 = Throttle effects on throttle axis, 1 = throttle effects on steering axis.
FFB Brake FX on steer axis="1" // 0 = Brake effects on brake axis, 1 = brake effects on steering axis.
FFB steer vibe freq mult="0.20000" // Controls frequency of steering vibration. Recommended: 0.5 to 1.0, 0.0 disables steering vibration.
FFB steer vibe zero magnitude="0.03500" // Magnitude of steering vibration at 0mph (reference point).
FFB steer vibe slope="0.00000" // Slope of line defining magnitude as a function of frequency (used with FFB steer vibe zero magnitude).
FFB steer vibe wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB steer force prediction="0.00100" // Time into the future that force is predicted, to help counteract wheel latency (0.0 to disable)
FFB steer force max change="100.00000" // Maximum change per second based on current difference between calculated and applied force, to help avoid jerky behavior (values under 15 or so should reduce jerkiness, 100 disables)
FFB steer force neutral range="0.00000" // Max distance from center "neutral force" location where forces are reduced to help avoid oscillation (0.0 to disable)
FFB steer force exponent="0.80000" // Steering force output "sensitivity".  Range 0.0 to infinity.  0.0 to 1.0 = higher sensitivity, greater than 1.0 = lower sensitivity.
FFB steer force input max="-11500.00000" // Recommended: 11500 (-11500 if controller pulls in the wrong direction).
FFB steer force output max="1.80000" // Maximum force output of steering force, recommendation 0.8 to 2.0
FFB steer force grip function="1.00000" // Range 0.0 to 1.0 (previous hardcoded value was 1.0) - lower values will make steering force decrease LATER as front tire grip is lost - try 0.3
FFB steer force grip weight="1.00000" // Range 0.0 to 1.0, recommended: 0.4 to 0.9.  How much weight is given to tire grip when calculating steering force.
FFB steer force grip factor="1.00000" // Range 0.0 to 1.0, recommended: 0.2 to 0.6 (previously hardcoded to 0.4).  How much of a factor the front wheel grip is on the steering weight.
FFB steer front grip fract="1.00000" // Range 0.0 to 1.0 (previous hardcoded value was 0.0), additional effect of front grip loss on steering force
FFB steer update threshold="0.00000" // Amount of change required to update steer force/vibe (0.0 - 1.0). Lower values = steering force updated more frequently = lower frame rate.
FFB steer friction coefficient="0.17500" // Coefficient to use for steering friction.  Range: -1.0 to 1.0
FFB steer friction saturation="1.00000" // Saturation value to use for steering friction.  Range: 0 - 1.0
FFB steer damper coefficient="0.17500" // Coefficient to use for steering damper.  Range: -1.0 to 1.0
FFB steer damper saturation="1.00000" // Saturation value to use for steering damper.  Range: 0 - 1.0
FFB throttle vibe freq mult="0.17000" // Scales actual engine frequency to force FFB vibration frequency.  Suggested range: 0.10 to 0.50
FFB throttle vibe zero magnitude="0.09000" // Magnitude of engine vibration at 0rpm (reference point).
FFB throttle vibe slope="0.00000" // Slope of line defining magnitude as a function of frequency (used with FFB throttle vibe zero magnitude).
FFB throttle vibe wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB throttle vibe update thresh="0.08000" // Amount of change required to update throttle vibe (0.0 - 1.0)
FFB brake vibe freq mult="0.90000" // Scales actual brake rotational frequency to force feedback vibration frequency.
FFB brake vibe zero magnitude="0.10000" // Magnitude of brake vibration at 0mph (reference point).
FFB brake vibe slope="0.00000" // Slope of line defining magnitude as a function of frequency (used with FFB brake vibe zero magnitude).
FFB brake vibe wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB brake vibe update thresh="0.05000" // Amount of change required to update brake vibe (0.0 to 1.0)
FFB rumble strip magnitude="0.35000" // How strong the rumble strip rumble is.  Range 0.0 to 1.0, 0.0 disables effect.
FFB rumble strip freq mult="0.60000" // Rumble stip frequency multiplier 1.0 = one rumble per wheel rev.
FFB rumble strip wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB rumble strip pull factor="-1.50000" // How strongly wheel pulls right/left when running over a rumble strip. Suggested range: -1.5 to 1.5.
FFB rumble strip update thresh="0.07500" // Amount of change required to update rumble strip effect (0.0 - 1.0)
FFB jolt magnitude="1.00000" // How strong jolts from other cars (or walls) are.  Suggested Range: -2.0 to 2.0.
Steve
---
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Here's a few tweaks from a similar thread at AoR that might help you guys :)
If you have trouble getting all servers to show in the list, edit the multiplayer.ini in your profile directory and set the following:
Concurrent Server Updates="200"
You only get 3 activations before you have to request a reset. Activation doesn't count for a reinstall but does count if you change pc or reinstall windows. You can avoid having to reactivate by saving a backup of the Trymedia directory. Read this thread to see how:
http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=222796
If you have any steering lag go to "Additional D3D Settings" in the nvidia control panel and set the Max frames to render ahead to 0. You will need to install coolbits first or use something like RivaTuner which you can get from http://www.guru3d.com

Another alternative to enable it is nvtweak
http://nvtweak.laptopvideo2go.com/
download NVTweak Install it, then run it.
Click the "Enable All" button

For ATI users the equivalent setting is "Flip Queue Size" which you can set using the ATI Tray tools, but I don't have an ATI card so I don't know if this setting will actually do anything for you.
To get higher res mirrors, unzip this into GameData\Vehicles

If cars appear too far away in your mirrors and you have trouble telling if they are right behind you edit your PLR file ("UserData\yourplayername\yourplayername.PLR") and in the [ Graphic Options ] section change the settings to

Rearview Width="60.00000"
Rearview Height="10.00000"

Some mods still have a bit of a fisheye effect in the mirrors though
Set this in your PLR file to show you icons in the top left corner of the screen for yellows, fuel, engine overheating, pits etc ....

Display Icons="2" // Icons displayed if HUD is off: 0 = none, 1 = flags only, 2 = all
The default look left/right is only 43 degrees which sometimes isn't enough to enough to see if people are alongside. esp if you use a low fov.

To increase it to 70 degrees, edit this setting in your PLR file:

Glance Angle="1.23000" // Angle to look left/right (yaw) w/ controller in radians (= degrees / 57)

For 90 degrees, set it to 1.57

If you want it to look instantly, set:

Glance Rate="25.00000" // Rate to follow controller for glancing
Also, here's something people don't seem to find. If you hold the left shift key down while using the seat movement keys it will adjust the angle of the mirrors. Unfortunately you can't adjust the mirrors independently to make them look more to the sides etc.
Sterling

Post by Sterling »

If rFactor is taking a extremely long time to open try turning off your antivirus software before playing. :yes:
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

Just found this on RSC:

http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=269342

HEAPS of tweak and settings info. :)
Steve
---
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

If your car is going extremely slow for some reason, try one of the Fords, this should fix it.
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

lol
StanDaam

Re: rFactor settings

Post by StanDaam »

Le Bump
SE1Z wrote:Might be an idea to create a sticky with the FFB settings and any other fiddly things needed to tweak rFactor to 'feel' better.
:)
:yes:

Helpful hints at RSC ----> http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=272347 (thanks Exar)

But what I really wanted to know was this: Ok so you press control "F" to display the frame rates (and control backspace for a :) ) but what does the green bar that comes up in the top left corner indicate? (if you keep pressing cntl f). I've hunted the forums and the support directory in the game but no luck ...
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

I seem to recall reading in one of the readme files it was/is a memory usage bar. Video or otherwise I'm not sure.
I guess if it stays in the upper half of the green area all is well. :)
Steve
---
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Yep, it's a video memory bar. Green is good, but if you start seeing red flashes on the bar under it, that means it's having to swap textures into system memory which kills performance.
StanDaam

Post by StanDaam »

Thanks chaps, much appreciated :yes: (especially the red bar info)
Bacchulum

Post by Bacchulum »

I second that this thread should be sticky. :yes:
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

It's now stickier than a stick called Mr Stick from the town of Sticksville :D
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Big Kev wrote:It's now stickier than a stick called Mr Stick from the town of Sticksville :D
:woohoo: :bow:
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

I been playing around with it and got a good setup(for me atleast) tried all on here and other sites

Rates | 20 50 50 20 0 0 0 0
controller 1 | X 35% for your steering , 100% for your throttle everything else 50%

g25 profiler 100 0 0 0 240° for most cars feels good
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
SeVeN

Post by SeVeN »

some nice tips guys.