My new V8 COTF Cockpit

Buying or Selling stuff? Here's the place to do it.
Forum rules
The admins take no responsibility for goods sold, bought or swapped on the forums. This forum is purely for making others aware that you have stuff to buy, sell or swap. Please make all transactions of money and goods via PM or email.

Sellers must have a reasonable number of posts on this board to advertise. If you register and advertise straight away then your post will be viewed as spam and removed. Please contact one of the admins, however, if you think your ad warrants special consideration.

Thanks.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Re: My new V8 COTF Cockpit

Post by ysu »

tony p wrote:Real carbon is so pretty ;)
Yeah we used to heat with it in the olden days... :p
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
VTRacing
Team Pedant (c)

Post by VTRacing »

ysu wrote:
tony p wrote:Real carbon is so pretty ;)
Yeah we used to heat with it in the olden days... :p
I agree, real carbon is pretty:

:teach:
Gizmo
forum fairy - in a gay way!
forum fairy - in a gay way!

Post by Gizmo »

OMFG!!!!

That looks expensive!
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

Not trying to say I told you so but just in case anyone here was considering sending this guy money he has taken money for a bunch of shifters and pedals and not delivered - usual stories and lack of communication with customers, which I am thankfully not one of at the moment.
Over promise and under delivers. Note even sure you can order anything from his website (Five Star Simulations) at the moment. He has photos in the iRacing forums of products 90% done but has not posted an update on progress in two plus weeks.
I wonder if me posting in this thread will bring him back over to ARSE to argue with me some more?
Really just trying to warn you guys in case anyone was considering it as $900 for pedals or $700 for the shifter is serious money. I have a set of his pedals and they are bloody great but fuck me was it a headache getting them.
I will need a new damper for the brake pedal at some stage but I would not even trust him with the $20 order for one. I am sure he has no end of excuses but so did Todd Cannon and look how that ended up......
XLV SPORT
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

Funny, he just popped up tonight with updates, so maybe he really was just having trouble getting stuff fabricated but with so much bs in the past, how do you know?
Seems he has changed his process to accepting the order, making the product (pedals at this stage, no idea about the shifter), then taking the money, them sending it - which seems a fairer system but either way - buyer beware!!!!!!
XLV SPORT
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

I think a few blokes over in the iRacing thread at OCAU were scared off by his bullshit.

Spent their money elsewhere (MPP Pedals)
Speed

Post by Speed »

I know that I was ready to part with my cash when he first posted here but he couldn't seem to be bothered answering my simple question about dimensions so that was enough of an indication of a poor attitude for me.
http://500px.com/Warren_Joyce" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

r8response wrote:Spent their money elsewhere (MPP Pedals)
HPP Hydraulic Pedals

http://hargettprecision.com/misc/3PHR_1_800.jpg
http://hargettprecision.com/misc/Pedals_Closeup_1.jpg
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

Funny experiment - email him indicating you want to buy some pedals - response time ten minutes or so.
Wait three months then email him again asking where your pedals are - response time - days or weeks
Wait another three months demanding your pedals or a refund - response time - one day or so!!
And so on and so on.....
XLV SPORT