Upgraded, moving old stuff

Buying or Selling stuff? Here's the place to do it.
Forum rules
The admins take no responsibility for goods sold, bought or swapped on the forums. This forum is purely for making others aware that you have stuff to buy, sell or swap. Please make all transactions of money and goods via PM or email.

Sellers must have a reasonable number of posts on this board to advertise. If you register and advertise straight away then your post will be viewed as spam and removed. Please contact one of the admins, however, if you think your ad warrants special consideration.

Thanks.
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Upgraded, moving old stuff

Post by Righteous »

I figured I would put this here before I chuck it on ebay just to see if anyone is interested.

I've a bunch of stuff that is mostly no good to me now as I have a grunty MacBook Pro to get me out of trouble should the new machine fail. I would like to sell all of this as a system but if people want to make offers on parts that's fine. I've moved to a dual Xeon system so none of this is compatible as spare parts, except the GPU but I'm getting a Titan :D

So here's what I want to sell..

MOBO: Asus P6T Deluxe V2 (This will take 6 core LGA 1366 CPUs if you can find them) $150 http://www.asus.com.au/Motherboards/Int ... Deluxe_V2/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

2 CPUS (LGA 1366 Socket): i7 920 $80 and i7 960 $120 with original CPU fans.

RAM: G.SKILLS DDR3-2000 12GB Tri Channel [Ripjaws] x2 (24gig Total) $150 http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=336" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GPU: MSI GTX 590 3gig $300 http://au.msi.com/product/vga/N590GTX-P3D3GD5.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PSU: Antec Signature 850W, like this one http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/psus/2 ... 850w-psu/1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; $150

CASE: NZXT PHANTOM BLACK FULL TOWER $100 This is big, so maybe not ideal for someone not in Sydney. http://www.nzxt.com/new/products/crafted_series/phantom" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have a legit copy of windows 7 pro to send off with it too. I am keeping HDDs for new rig but can't recommend a SSD drive enough for this system. I will sell the whole lot, including windows, for 1k plus postage.

The whole rig has no problems running things like BF3 on ultra at 1080p. I would play at 2560x1440 and turn down AA to keep it smooth.

PM if interested. I'm in Sydney (Crows Nest) for anyone who would like to pick things up. Most parts will have original packaging except for tower. If you want things posted then I can get you prices and add it on top.

I'll wait till next week before I chuck it up on ebay. If you're just after 1 part then I will let you know by the end of the week if no one has bought the whole thing.
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Re: Upgraded, moving old stuff

Post by Righteous »

Just going to bump this.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

nice gear, I've a very similar set, same psu, cpu, ...
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

if i had a grand Id buy it. but i think my car needs that....
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

Okay, would your car like to pick it up or.......:D

Thanks YSU, it may end up living out its days as a gaming rig in the lounge room if no one is interested.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Here's a silly question - my work PC is a Xeon W3505 which is a Nehalem 1366 CPU as far as i know. Would the i7 960 work in the same motherboard? It's a Dell T3500 workstation that is getting pretty slow so I figure a quad core & faster CPU would be a nice cheap upgrade.

And sorry to go OT, but if that didn't fit, anyone know what would?
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

I would think the XEON stuff would be different. But I don't know to be honest. It's the same socket and it's a Nehalem CPU I believe.. Is the XEON quad channel or tripple? The mobo and RAM that I'm selling are triple.

Just looking at the MOBOs CPU list, there's no XEONS on there, so I wouldn't think it was possible. http://www.asus.com.au/Motherboards/Int ... e_V2/#CPUS" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Righteous on Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

The xeon is server architecture. I doubt it that the mobo would work with consumer CPUs. But you'd need to ask Dell that question, if they're willing to help, or scour the web for very knowledgeable peeps :)
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Cool, thanks guys. Will look around a bit.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

Hey Righty: Did you end up selling this gear?
Steve
---
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

Hey mate. No I didn't in the end. Just sitting in the lounge room attached to the telly.