15" MacBook Pro for sale

Buying or Selling stuff? Here's the place to do it.
Forum rules
The admins take no responsibility for goods sold, bought or swapped on the forums. This forum is purely for making others aware that you have stuff to buy, sell or swap. Please make all transactions of money and goods via PM or email.

Sellers must have a reasonable number of posts on this board to advertise. If you register and advertise straight away then your post will be viewed as spam and removed. Please contact one of the admins, however, if you think your ad warrants special consideration.

Thanks.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

15" MacBook Pro for sale

Post by DexterPunk »

I no longer use this laptop and need a lighter machine for travel. Decided I'd sell this and buy an air. It's had light use really, and since buying the iMac I use that for all my editing.

The laptop is in immaculate condition and well looked after. Battery life is not too bad although not as good as day 1, but that's to be expected. It still gives about 4 hours being used properly under load. I think it may still have some AppleCare left as I bought extra. I'll check that out. Even though it's an early 2011, it sat around in our store for ages as a new model had come out, so it hasn't been used since then. I'd say it's had 12 months or so of light use.

These are the specs...

"15-Inch (Early 2011/Thunderbolt) features a 32 nm "Sandy Bridge" 2.2 GHz Intel "Core i7" processor (2720QM), with four independent processor "cores" on a single silicon chip, a 6 MB shared level 3 cache, 4 GB of 1333 MHz DDR3 SDRAM (PC3-10600) installed in pairs (two 2 GB modules), a 750 GB Serial ATA (5400 RPM) hard drive, an 8X DL "SuperDrive", dual graphics processors -- an AMD Radeon HD 6750M with 1 GB of dedicated GDDR5 memory and an Intel HD Graphics 3000 graphics processor that shares 384 MB of memory with the system -- and an integrated FaceTime HD webcam."

I have upgraded the ram to 8GB and will include the original 2x 2GB sticks. Comes with 2x MagSafe chargers. Original box. Mavericks operating system installed.

$1000 plus any postage costs.

If no ones interested here I'll chuck it on eBay or gum tree. Feel free to ask any questions.

Sent from Han Solo using TK-421's phone.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Re: 15

Post by DexterPunk »

This is as good as sold... just need to tidy it up and inform a friend when it's ready to pick up.

Bought a 13" Macbook Air 256GB SSD.
wabbit

Re: 15

Post by wabbit »

Nicely done. I was interested to see how it sold purely because I got rid of my 2011 base model 13" MBP for $700. Then sold an old C2D Mac mini, so my maxed out 13" rMBP (2013) only cost me $1045.

Macs and their resale, gotta love it.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Re: 15" MacBook Pro for sale

Post by DexterPunk »

Yep, sold it pretty quick smart, without needing to bother with eBay or gumtree etc. Loving the air, the only thing I'd say against it is the screen is nowhere near as good as the MacBook Pro screen in terms of viewing angle retaining proper colour reproduction. The battery is astounding though. I was using it last night off the power and the estimated time remaining was around 17 hours lol.

Sent from Han Solo using TK-421's phone.