Bigpond Cable Modem [UPDATE: SOLD]

Buying or Selling stuff? Here's the place to do it.
Forum rules
The admins take no responsibility for goods sold, bought or swapped on the forums. This forum is purely for making others aware that you have stuff to buy, sell or swap. Please make all transactions of money and goods via PM or email.

Sellers must have a reasonable number of posts on this board to advertise. If you register and advertise straight away then your post will be viewed as spam and removed. Please contact one of the admins, however, if you think your ad warrants special consideration.

Thanks.
plastik8

Bigpond Cable Modem [UPDATE: SOLD]

Post by plastik8 »

UPDATE: Sold on OCAU for 10 bucks 14-Apr-16.

Have this over on OCAU but seems no one is keen.

Basically just name your price, just make it worthwhile for me to send in the post. If someone is keen to pickup from Adelaide CBD, the reserve is $0.

Might be handy as an emergency spare if someone is using cable still, before NBN replaces it!

~~~~~FROM OCAU~~~~~

Netgear
Bigpond Ultimate Cable Home
Network Gateway CG3100

Have moved to a new place with Telstra FTTH (Velocity) and Telstra never asked for return of the old Cable modem I was previously using.

Not sure if anyone would be interested in this modem (Approx 2 years old), but maybe as a spare? It seems too good to throw out.

Reserve $5 if pickup, $10 pp if postage
Instant $30 pp

Pickup available in 5000 CBD on weekdays.

Some pics below:
Last edited by plastik8 on Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197971333750]Image[/url]
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Re: Bigpond Cable Modem

Post by DexterPunk »

I've got one too. Dunno what to do with it. Surely it can be modded to be an access point somehow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

I was told during my setup that I cant just use another persons modem.. tho it could be them just trying to sell more modems..
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Had all kinds of issues when trying to set this one up when I moved to my last place. It gets associated with an address/node. So no, I doubt it would be easy, if not impossible... Unless they are happy to try and re-register it at the new address. Telstra were so useless at doing this that we had no internet for about 2 months, and refused to send us a new modem because 'the modem isn't the issue'. Eventually they did, and it fixed the issue.

At the moment mines about as useless as tits on a bull. I've thought about trying to put some different firmware on it, I don't really care if I brick it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
plastik8

Post by plastik8 »

The problem is that the router / wifi aspect of it is sh!thouse anyway.

Sounds like it is going to end up as land fill / electronics disposal.

Such a waste...
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197971333750]Image[/url]
Cursed

Post by Cursed »

You can always keep it as a spare 4 port Gbps network switch. I have 2 Optus cable modems around the place being used as switches.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197962772149]Image[/url]
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

plastik8 wrote:The problem is that the router / wifi aspect of it is sh!thouse anyway.
I once bought a WD router when I worked at JB. There was a pricing stuff up and I bought a $300 dual band router for about $60. I used it to replace the single band wireless N Belkin that I had hoping to get some better results. One night I decided to switch on the wifi from the supplied router instead, I got consistently better speed and signal strength. I think it did matter on which one you got though. The DOCSIS 3.0 capable ones were good!